Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

I am going to be starting a new movie for prcp.wad in uv-speed. so far I have map01 done in 0:06 and map02 in 0:56. can someone please record nomonsters demos of the next few maps for me showing the quickest routes?

----------------
split from Misc TAS demos for great justice. there was so much activity it deserved its own thread. keep TASing. :) -dew

check page 11 for the download link to the final version. - odysseyofnoises

Okay, I'll do it with pleasure. Which maps would you like to see mostly? I like to find new routes, but too lazy to record demos :p

ClumsyDoomer said:

Okay, I'll do it with pleasure. Which maps would you like to see mostly? I like to find new routes, but too lazy to record demos :p

for now just mostly maps 3, 4, 5, and 6. I know the optimal route for map07 is already on dsda so you dont have to do that one. and those 5 maps should keep me busy for a few days before i need need routes for other maps. and for me its the opposite, I am too lazy to learn the routes but I am willing to record the demos if i have them heh.

I am too lazy to learn the routes but I am willing to record the demos if i have them heh.

But not optimizing much though :P I've got 0:05 in few minutes, and it's still easy to shave off a couple of tics on a jump or on making it look smoother. This is just a suggestion, would be great to see the whole movie quite optimized. But if you don't feel like pushing it too much, it's your decision of course :)

pv01-005.zip

I don't see optimal route for map07 @ DSDA. I have nomonster runs for maps02-06, but the routes are obvious.

jongo said:

But not optimizing much though :P I've got 0:05 in few minutes, and it's still easy to shave off a couple of tics on a jump or on making it look smoother. This is just a suggestion, would be great to see the whole movie quite optimized. But if you don't feel like pushing it too much, it's your decision of course :)

i can only push it so far without DRE...

be sure to double-check with me on prcp speed routes, wouldn't want to spoil a TAS movie by missing a big trick. :)

-Prcp maps 01-03 TAS Uv-speed in 1:25

-The grab on the yellow key by sliding of the arachnotron is slightly faster than sliding through the little fence off the left hand side.

-Map 03 took ages to make because XDRE kept on desyncing every time i loaded the backup, but I finally finished it and it doesn`t look too bad.

-I did indeed use XDRE, so I recommend that you use PrBoom-Plus v2.5.1.3 or higher to view this demo, otherwise, it may desync.

03pv-125.zip

Good stuff, please continue! Why didn't you push for 0:44 in map02, though? It's only a couple of tics and the final part looks improvable, otherwise really nice running.

Note the demo desyncs in the middle of map03 with final doom compatibility, you have to load plutonia.wad as iwad, and force -complevel 2 to watch it.

I think it's possible to jump over the bridge in map02, using 2 ticks wallrun (while in the air) :p It would save nearly 30 seconds.

Paska said:

I think it's possible to jump over the bridge in map02, using 2 ticks wallrun (while in the air) :p It would save nearly 30 seconds.

in other words, pigsurf to the other side. i tested this in the past and never succeeded, but it might be possible with enough manipulation.

I too have speculated the possibility of that trick on map02, but i just could not find a way to do it. i mostly tried to slide off of the spectre and gain enough speed to fly across.

jongo said:

Good stuff, please continue! Why didn't you push for 0:44 in map02, though? It's only a couple of tics and the final part looks improvable, otherwise really nice running.

Well, I try to shave off as many tics as possible when I make these runs, but the only problem is when i get to the yellow key area i have a problem with the demons crowding around the place, and just can't find any possible way to get past with out gliding off them for a bit.

Paska said:

As for your little idea here i will test that out right now, and if it works that would be a pretty damn good find on your part.

Hock said:

As for your little idea here i will test that out right now, and if it works that would be a pretty damn good find on your part.

The jump is 256 units wide and player's max speed is 30 and because the platforms are same height, the player can be maximum of 6 tics in the air. Also, player is 32 units wide so that can be removed from the jump distance. 256-6*30-32 = 44 units. This means that at least 44 units has to be wallrun while in the air, so it's going to be really difficult jump :p Requires at least 2 tics of wallrunning (if calculated correct).

Edit: Probably not correct because you can control the first tick in the air so maybe only 14 units is required to wallrun.

hock, you should redo the run from start using complevel 4, it's the intended way. the desync in map03 stems from this - you don't get the z-axis bug after teleporting (from a higher place to a lower one, final doom mistakenly leaves the player at the same height and he falls).

as a funny sidenote... i wanted to exploit the z-axis bug for a speed trick in map30, but t.v. thought it was too specific and unreliable, so it's not in. :)

I think i might have this trick all though i couldn't quite get the spectres to go in the correct area that i wanted them to so i used a combination of wallrun/wobbling/and shotgun damage from seargents to get me across. Though, i still need to find the correct format of the tics in order to make it completely across, but i think i might have it.

Xepop, is there a way i can add another demo of map 02 to replace it?

So far for the trick on map 2, i have the following demos.

One includes an attempt to line up the spectres for the wallrun

And the other is using the combination of damage,wobbling,and 1 wallrun tic (I believe), where i get close to making the jump.

You will need at least 30 speed to east and that is possible with the rocket launcher near jump. With 30 speed to east, you will still need at least 12 distance of worth wallrunning to east.

I will be doing PRCP.wad right after I finish my huge plutonia uv-max demo (I have episode 1 of that demo posted a few pages back). I have been working on this since January 23rd! I'm on map29 and it is probably going to take me forever due to the stupid looooong loading times of glboom-plus for huge demos like this.

Hock, check this out :)
Successful jump but I didn't pay much attention to optimizing it so the jump is done rather slow.

02pv-xxx.zip

Paska said:

Successful jump but I didn't pay much attention to optimizing it so the jump is done rather slow.

wow!! you've done it! have you been working on this all day? that is a very cool trick =)

Here are my first 2 maps of PRCP. on the first map I could not get 5 seconds and this made me sad. but I made 26 on map02 so enjoy that =) yes, the rocket jump/spectre + imp glide was hard....

Here's a puzzle for everyone: Do it 5 tics faster :p

I can't do it.

Andy O, please don't upload this nor 02pv-xxx to dsda.

pv01-511.zip

Paska said:

'

Heey! thats sick dude. Also a question. If you are ever going to optimize this do you think i could use it for my run? I'm having problems doing that trick. Thanks!