Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

Sorry that I havn't gotten to map30 yet, so much damn work at school... Just to confirm, is the route on DSDA the correct one? (that demo doesn't play back for me for some reason...) I will get to this as soon as time permits

odysseyofnoises said:

Sorry that I havn't gotten to map30 yet, so much damn work at school... Just to confirm, is the route on DSDA the correct one? (that demo doesn't play back for me for some reason...) I will get to this as soon as time permits

Which one? If you mean Phml's 1:38 that "Plays back with prcp_old.wad", use prcp_old.wad. :) It doesn't do anything unusual compared to DidierTranber's 1:41, though, it's just a few seconds faster.

there's a shortcut, t.v. added it for making speedruns look fast. it's just the matter of finding it, so inspect the first area carefully. :)

Hi there. Just popping in quickly to say that I enjoyed this immensely. Dew pointed out a few goofy potential speedrunning tricks, and it's great seeing them in action (and then some!). I seriously laughed out loud at the AV jump to the spire teleporter in MAP15. I'd like to see someone nutty enough to try and pull that off in a non-TAS. :P

I've been away for a while, finally back. Congrats with finishing the run odyssey.
I have Hock's unfinished built run laying on my HDD right now. 28 maps are done, only 29 and 30 are left, but too bad he's banned now. I also lost contacts with him online, so not sure if he's going to ever finish it, or if i should go ahead and do it myself (i made few dre-contributions to the run apart from route planning we extensively did with him in pm's).
Total time after map28 is 10:03, that's whole 2 minutes and 7 seconds faster than odyssey's non-built TAS, so it's a pity if such a run will be lost.

Maybe i should just upload the unfinished version here?

jongo said:

but too bad he's banned now.

wow, that is weird. there's no mention of it even in the admin section, anyone knows what happened?

iirc he used -turbo 103 for all of his "non-TAS" demos and it wasn't the first time similar thing happened. He still claims it's a bug in his prboom though.
Also, he contacted me after my post and apparently he's going to try to finish the movie soon. Which is a good news since, well, while his non-tas achievements are fishy, this work is of a very high quality and it would suck to throw it away.

haha, some people never learn. iirc he was also banned from zdaemon repeatedly for cheating and player harrassment back in the day.

jongo said:

iirc he used -turbo 103 for all of his "non-TAS" demos and it wasn't the first time similar thing happened. He still claims it's a bug in his prboom though.

I remember hock using some strange launcher which looked really shitty :-D I blame that, not prboom

jongo said:

I also lost contacts with him online, so not sure if he's going to ever finish it, or if i should go ahead and do it myself

I can help you reach him, I still have contact with him on facebook and he can go on zdaemon.