Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

You're getting hurt too much in map03. Look at my demo, i'm not getting hurt in the entire map, not even once (except for av jump of course). Just restart until you get a clean pass through the chainers, it shouldn't take long. Also you can try using slowmo of 15-20% or lower (that's what i use usually) to make it easier. Exit map03 with plasmagun selected, and shoot chainers while going for the blue armor and back, and hit caco a little bit too. This will ensure no one'll get in your way.
If you're having too much trouble though, nothing is forcing you to use these routes, just continue with the run as you normally would (or just ignore the most difficult stuff, but redo the end of map04 and map05 to have bfg for later), at the very least it would help everyone with refining the routes, and provide a good watch even if it wouldn't be close to being optimal.

I like ClumsyDoomer's idea for map07, looks viable, but would be easier if cyber had bad aim :) Fence near the mega also is helpful for building up some momentum. Looper's way looks harder, the distance to the RL platform is like 277+ units and the rocketjump spot is very uncomfortable. Maybe rj-ing in connection with getting cyber rocket boost would work. I doubt there'll be enough health left for another jump. Needs testing :)

Also, Hock, sure.

I've tried out my own suggestion for map04 and it appears that plasma is difficult to hit chainers with, and RL is a much easier solution, even though some time is wasted on picking up a rocket box. I bet plasma is better for a built run though.
Here's the lmp demonstrating the idea, the time is ok too (0:13). You can continue from this one instead of redoing map03/04 yourself if you wish. Adding WT tics in the intermission screens does not lead to desyncs by the way, so you can make them as long as you like.

Also sorry everyone for cluttering the topic with tons of posts, i really should've tested everything in one go instead of doing it part by part and writing a novel about every little tweak :p

prcp04-013.zip

what im going to do is im going to redo only the part after I teleport because that seems to be the part where i get hurt the most, then i should make it with like 170 health which should just be enough for everything. I have 40 when i teleport and then I can grab a medkit for 65 then plus 100 will be 165. that should be plenty.

wow even 100% health is not enough to do the map04 trick. so im just going to skip it. its probably impossible for me. the angle for this jump is really tricky. maybe I can still get it if im lucky heh.

edit: oh. my goodness. i can't believe it actually happened but i finally made this rocket + avj :) wow this is definitely going down as one of the hardest tricks ive EVER performed. I may not have enough health to exit alive though which sucks for map06 but it wont be that bad trust me

I finally got my prcp re-do back on track and managed to cut 2 seconds off map02 from the original time, Also shredding a few tics off of map01 (which doesnt really matter).

Here is what I have for you:

prcpre-do.zip

I have a run for everyone! using the updated techniques.

-on map04 i was not able to keep the bfg sadly, which made things on map06 somewhat hard. I did do the new trick though and cut 1 seconds from the old time.

-on map05 sadly I got 37 seconds because the doors were not open for me this time like they were in previous runs. but this map still looks awesome :)

-on map06 I did the most improvements. first of all, I did both of Dew's new tricks on this map. that's the chaingunner red key trick, and the blue key grab (since I have no bfg). also since I had the rl I did Paska's rocket jump after the yellow key. 11 seconds cut on this map!

-on map07 again the rl came in handy and I got 9 seconds! great demo. I will NOT be redoing this one if you guys find some new trick.

total time so far is 2:56. down from 3:07. for a net gain of -11 seconds.

ENJOY!

prcp[7].zip

Could someone, along with myself, look into the routes for map 08,09, and 10. I had a funny feeling that the av jump on map09 (if that is the optimal route) may lead to not having enough health for the map 10 av jump. Also if the deathslide for map 08 can be done a different way instead of deathsliding, but being close to the same speed. It's highly doubtful but just look into these things for the fastest possible route.

map08 is an intentional deathslide, i'd be surprised if you found a workaround.
map09... what an awesome trick! however i'll just say "linedef 3486". :P also the jump to that room doesn't require the candle wobble, so you can save a few tics on it.
map10, dunno about cheating it any other way, but you should have enough health right now. :)

Dew, your the best! Nevermind everyone we have it all back on track.

Sorry for so much spamming lately but I have just been getting a of lot of work done of this run lately :P here is MAP10 done in 10 seconds. credits go to hock for doing the glide for me (1 tic!) :) Amazing stuff here. This is already ep1 complete and total time is 3:59

Edit: thanks to hock for pointing out a better way to archvile jump out the window. time now is 9 seconds.

someone please tell me what is the optimal route for map11?!

prcp[10].zip

looked at the editor for 5 mins and came up with this route. Maybe there are better/additional viles somewhere, i'll check now.
Also, Andy, do not upload this demo to DSDA please :)

EDIT: yes, there are some at BK. Triple death AV jump right to the exit seems a good idea for me. Triple death hammerblow!

pv11-035tas.zip

btw i tested the idea and it's possible, and 3 avs are just enough to make it, but the imps (which are hidden in the last room, but who are infinite tall) make it harder to do it in one straight jump. On the other hand, making a double av jump is enough to get inside the room. So you could manipulate 2 avs to attack you one after the other, and make the 3rd one start firing 1-2 seconds later. This way you could land on the windowsill of the final room and position yourself better before the 3rd av hits you. Next two maps do not require weapons, so dying isn't really a problem.
I'm still not sure whether it's faster and how faster is it if it is (haha) though.

i'm not aware of a faster way. the final room is worth researching a bit, the platform can be av-jumped. perhaps one of the viles could help with that? the one that teleports across the room is probably too far to be helpful, but perhaps the original one can be manipulated to see you over the wall?

i was talking about the route from jongo's demo. i can't imagine how the triple avj could be faster, considering the time you have to spend luring 3 viles to the right place.

yeah it's most likely slower.

One of avs at the blue key could be lured out pretty quickly though and it would waste maybe 1-2 seconds only, since the very first one (the one i use in demo) needs about 5 seconds to travel across the bridge. Double jump allows to enter the final room really quickly and immediately get to the button or get attacked again instantly (since you're near the window, archies can see you nicely) to avjump onto the exit. In other words, it's not obvious to me that this route is slower without proper testing. Manipulating archies is a pain in the ass though. There is another "easy" arch-vile in that room, but manipulating all three of them is even harder.

well, im going to use 1 av, taming two of them would take way too much effort. ill try some stuff after classes in my school library computer in the hour I have before I go home.

jongo: so you're thinking about using 2 viles, jumping ON the wall, then directly to exit with yet another attack? it might be harder to orchestrate, but i can imagine it working. the question is... can the vile attack you somewhere in the exit room? that'd make the one vile route possibly faster.

Attached an easy way to cut 1-2 seconds from your demo, the difference is after the av jump. Yeah, it's another av jump, on the exit, like dew suggested.

It's also possible to get hit while being quite deep inside the room (viles must see you through the window), but it would probably only be beneficial with multiple-av-route, which is, i'm convinced now, is slower. Here's a pic of me, 1 tic before the jump: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17623935/av1.JPG
Good snipers these viles are.

prcp[11]_av_end.zip

Obvious route is to do av jump from the soulsphere to the spider, 2nd av jump to the exit. I don't see anything faster.

thats it? heh... its much simpler than i am making it. today I have worked on finishing my plutonia uv-max run. map29 is SO long!

Edit: this is the future me saying that it is not simple! its much harder than im making it.