Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

hey i know it may be a little late to be asking this but im just curious: if i take the rocket launcher on map10 will i be able to keep it to do an rj on map13? i think maybe no because between maps 11 and 12 there are 4 av jumps

This is exactly what we're planning to do with Hock now, he is at map11 already and we'll see how it turns out. On the paper 1sec is wasted on rl in map10, and possibly 1sec on a deathless jump in map12 to do this. Health conservation is really hard, but it's possible to do.
The deadly tandem which is map15+map16 will probably be about as annoying though, more sacrifices there. You could try some of it also. Take two medikits (+50hp) after teleporting to the tower (with a yellow key and an archie) in map15, drop on the stairs below, take a rocketlauncher and immediately get av-jumped down on the bridge. Then proceed as usual.
My plan for map16 is to do this route - i modified your demo to skip a soulsphere in map15 and then made a rushed outline for map16. But having a rocketlauncher would enable another skip in the beginning - instead of running to the cave/waterish area one could just rj onto the column (in the area at the 2th second of my demo) and go straight into the hallway for the blue key. Also skipping a linedef at the blue key is possible, but only on your way inside. But you can go around through the corridors on the right/left to go around the linedef again. I think it's faster than pressing a button.
I'm still not sure with the column rocketjump, still haven't succeeded in doing it, even though i calculated that it should be possible to just straferun onto it with max speed (i'm talking about the southeastern column). Can anyone prove/disprove the possibility?

EDIT: map16 pic

im going to modify my map15 to get the rl and hopefully ill have enough health to do the map16 rj if its possible. maybe its better to skip the soulsphere if i wont need it on map16

Need to test rj in map16 first, i still can't get it to work. Maybe just need to build it instead, will look into it after today's sf2011 session in skulltag:)

alright ve modified my run to skip the soulsphere and got 43 seconds. I couldnt get the rocket launcher though, too hard to av jump like that :/ I guess map16 will be the map where hock and my demo differ the most, along with map13

Good run indeed, smart use of demon, i didn't expect him to get there so quick. Rocketjump is fast too. You lost a second near the beginning by entering the cave via the left passageway instead of a central, but whatever.
Map17 will be fun to do.

regarding map17, it should be faster to get killed for the slide by chaingunner thing 8 than by revenants like looper did. it's certainly much harder though. :)

Memfis said:

or you can just use RL...

SHUT UP!

well played, this makes us even. :)

Good to see routes are being made quite frequently, hehe this means i wont have to wait for them when i got there :) and also i'm starting map 12 today as jongo has helped me get a nice Time for map 11!

odysseyofnoises said:

map17 is done in 6 seconds. looks perfect.

Funny. You do the same thing as Adam H. Instead of correcting your angle, you do this:

MF50 SL50 (going slightly wrong angle)
SL50 (correcting it with leaving MF50)
SL50
SL50
MF50 SL50

So to my eyes, it didn't look perfect + you hit the wall at the beginning of the map :p

And what's with the wait ticks while running straight? Is it because you had save point there?

I hope you can fix those problems because it probably saves a second or two in the longer maps :)

I dont know about any other wait tics because i didnt use xdre for the whole demo, just the very beginning. and hitting the wall at the beginning doesnt hurt my time at all, still wouldve been 6 either way.

by the way, i just checked my map16 demo in third person and I didnt use a spectre from below to wallrun, i thought i did though :P

anywayz, whats the quickest map18 route?

We did some collaboration with Hock again and managed to get to map14 already. I will not spoil the times here though :) I'll study map18 a bit now and will edit the post afterwards, but for now Snakes' demo looks good, albeit weird.
EDIT: ok, after looking through i think Snakes' route is the best. You can also teleport to the soulsphere and do a av-jump from there, archie can easily see you through the window. Also it seems that it's not possible to jump out through the window.

By the way, how to let another teleporting archvile to actually teleport in? I'm speaking about thing 469. He could be faster to use.

jongo said:

By the way, how to let another teleporting archvile to actually teleport in? I'm speaking about thing 469. He could be faster to use.

you have to make a sound in sector 593 (forced by a gun switch), so it's not likely. and i can't figure out how you mean to use him anyways. :) snakes' route was intended and i'm not aware of any one faster.

Watched prcp[17] just now, pretty cool stuff.

Could be a pet peeve but... What's the deal with waiting this long on intermission screens? Sometimes it feels even longer than the actual maps. I don't think anybody needs four seconds to process a tally screen, and there's that constant itch to press space for the damn thing to finally move forward. Also makes the entire demo feel like disjointed runs of different levels rather than an entire megawad. Yeah, that's probably just me, but I can't help but mention it.

Edit: gotcha. Understandable.

yeah i know the intermission screen thing :/ i wanted to cut down the int screens to 70 tics but deleting wt tics desynches the demo :( and i have a thing to keep my intermission screens all a similar lengths so i wont make shorter ones for half of the maps...

odysseyofnoises said:

did hock get like 1 second on map13?

You'll have to see for yourself, we'll just say Jongo got quite ambitious. :)

anyone know a good map19 route yet?

i wonder if a rocket jump to the red key is possible.

this map is epic, i guarantee theres at least like 2 tricks here lol

yep. waverider had a funny trick route thought out, but then i started screwing with the candlestick alcove at RK and he liked that one too, so he kept both routes to keep the map non-linear even when speedrunning. :)

so how should i go about doing this one?

edit: Aha! ive found a way to get to the red key now. you can just jump onto that torch, and then rocket jump off of it to the key :)