Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Cren's DOOM Music Video Thread: Comments/Suggestions Needed

Yep, that's right. Remember a while back when I mentioned that I was going to make a music video project based on DOOM by Cynic Guru? Well, the time has finally come, and I'm going to do everything in my power to get it done as fast as I can.

For starters, here's what I have planned:
It starts out with me sitting in front of the computer starting up DOOM. I then get pulled into this fantasy world (my school being overrun by the hellspawn) wearing camos and holding a shotgun. Then this other "marine" who has already been fighting them off spots me and calls for me to help him. From there we fight through the school to the song. Some parts of it will be as simple as killing a monster in the room whereas some will be parts with the monsters chasing me and my partner. The big part about this is when both of us make it to the football statdium where we meet the Cyberdemon. Near the end, I splatter my partner with the shotgun. After that, during the final chous of DOOM it gets back to the real world, and then I start 'dancing' around in joy as well as seeing a few more shots of me playing through the levels and then finally having me die in one level.

This'll all be edited using PowerMacs (don't even start) with Avid Cinema.

Now some notes:

• Since this is a high school project, don't expect it to be even REMOTELY perfect
  • Pardon the cheesiness in some areas, but I DO have limitations as well as the software having some too
  • I only have about a month to this whole thing, so again, don't expect a professionally done video
  • As it stands, I don't think I'll have enough web space to post it immediately when the time comes, nor the fast enough connection. Unless Elbryan42 is generous enough, it might not be up at all, though I'll have had fun doing it, maybe I can send some screenies of it when it's done
Post below for you questions/comments/suggestions.

Make a part that shows an imp humping the doomguy but make it flash really quick like less than a second. :P

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Make a part that shows an imp humping the doomguy but make it flash really quick like less than a second. :P

[sarcasm]Not a bad idea.....[/sarcasm]

umm, instead of doing that whole male partner thing, put britney spears in there, give her a shotgun, and you have yourself a hit.

I think a lot of people would prefer it didn't occur in a school, that is giving too much ammo to the Doom haters

Originally posted by fodders
I think a lot of people would prefer it didn't occur in a school, that is giving too much ammo to the Doom haters

Originally posted by Crendowing
I then get pulled into this fantasy world (my school being overrun by the hellspawn)

Ummmm, yeah.....the whole theme of the video is the marines (me and my partner) are RIDDING the school of the monsters, thereby making it safe once again.

BTW, I said I also have some limitations. I can't take the camera off school grounds (it's the school's camera). IOW, my school is the only place I CAN film the stuff I need.

guns aren't allowed in schools, even for good purpouses. What I came to realise, doom, schools, and weapons don't mix without negative results no matter if they're trying to portay something good or bad.

Originally posted by orion
guns aren't allowed in schools, even for good purpouses. What I came to realise, doom, schools, and weapons don't mix without negative results no matter if they're trying to portay something good or bad.

Mmmmmm.....k.....what am I supposed to do now? Fail because I can't think of anything else? My teacher already approved it anyway. And who said I was using a real gun? That'd be kinda dumb wouldn't it? I plan on using this one "mega" super-soaker gun for the prop.

Plus, what if some terrorist came in and took everybody hostage? Would they still not let the military or SWAT team come in just because guns aren't allowed? xP<------supposed to look like a dumb/goofy/retarded face

in that case go ahead... make the teacher sign some legal documents just for kicks though =]

doom haters?....

I then get pulled into this fantasy world (my school being overrun by the hellspawn) wearing camos and holding a shotgun.

From there we fight through the school to the song.

Near the end, I splatter my partner with the shotgun.

_____ ______ _____  ___ _____   ___________ _____  ___    ___________ 
|  __ \| ___ \  ___|/ _ \_   _| |_   _|  _  \  ___|/ _ \  |_   _|  ___|
| |  \/| |_/ / |__ / /_\ \| |     | | | | | | |__ / /_\ \   | | | |_   
| | __ |    /|  __||  _  || |     | | | | | |  __||  _  |   | | |  _|  
| |_\ \| |\ \| |___| | | || |    _| |_| |/ /| |___| | | |  _| |_| |    
 \____/\_| \_\____/\_| |_/\_/    \___/|___/ \____/\_| |_/  \___/\_|    

__   _______ _   _   _    _  ___   _   _ _____   _____ _____ 
\ \ / /  _  | | | | | |  | |/ _ \ | \ | |_   _| |_   _|  _  |
 \ V /| | | | | | | | |  | / /_\ \|  \| | | |     | | | | | |
  \ / | | | | | | | | |/\| |  _  || . ` | | |     | | | | | |
  | | \ \_/ / |_| | \  /\  / | | || |\  | | |     | | \ \_/ /
  \_/  \___/ \___/   \/  \/\_| |_/\_| \_/ \_/     \_/  \___/ 

_____  _____ _____   _______   ________ _____ _      _      ___________ 
|  __ \|  ___|_   _| |  ___\ \ / /| ___ \  ___| |    | |    |  ___|  _  \
| |  \/| |__   | |   | |__  \ V / | |_/ / |__ | |    | |    | |__ | | | |
| | __ |  __|  | |   |  __| /   \ |  __/|  __|| |    | |    |  __|| | | |
| |_\ \| |___  | |   | |___/ /^\ \| |   | |___| |____| |____| |___| |/ / 
 \____/\____/  \_/   \____/\/   \/\_|   \____/\_____/\_____/\____/|___/

ooooh purty ASCII!! bah just do it at McDonalds or something.

Not trying to disrespect you on your own site Ling, but...read the whole fucking thread next time.

strikes++;

BTW, your teacher != school administrators that will hear about / see you dressed in camos, running around on campus with a fake gun.

Trust me, the next thing anything near Columbine repeat in R/L , your little vid is going to be pulled by the media, edited, mangled shaped, changed and made to "reveal that all Doom players are sick and are all in a plot to kill kids in schools", oh and that you instigated it

Also:

And who said I was using a real gun? That'd be kinda dumb wouldn't it? I plan on using this one "mega" super-soaker gun for the prop.

Originally posted by Linguica
BTW, your teacher != school administrators that will hear about / see you dressed in camos, running around on campus with a fake gun.

Trust me, the next thing anything near Columbine repeat in R/L , your little vid is going to be pulled by the media, edited, mangled shaped, changed and made to "reveal that all Doom players are sick and are all in a plot to kill kids in schools", oh and that you instigated it

*grunt*....the finally video is not gonna leave the fucking classroom that I have this class in!!!! My teacher gave her word!!!!!! Even if it was disturbing to her, she knows that I'm not that type! She's known me for awhile.

And fods, the theme of the vid is NOT ABOUT KILLING KIDS IN SCHOOL!!!!! I'M IMPORTING THE SPRITES FROM THE GAME AND USING THOSE FOR THE MONSTERS IN THE VID!!!!!!!

GAH!!!!!!!!!

Do you really need Doom as inspiration? Ling and fodders are right, Doom + school = bad (at least on the States, no one heard of Columbine down here...)

Originally posted by Zaldron
Ling and fodders are right, Doom + school = bad (at least on the States, no one heard of Columbine down here...)

Still, I don't think he should bow to ignorance.

Do you really need Doom as inspiration? Ling and fodders are right, Doom + school = bad (at least on the States, no one heard of Columbine down here...)

no way?!

Yeah I'm like the only guy that knows about that. However, we do know about that guy who killed his family with a katana and dressed like some character from Final Fantasy. But no one blames games here, we blame politicians for everything.

pulled by the media, edited, mangled shaped, change

*Sigh*…does the word “lawsuit” mean anything to you fods? Even if they DID modify it (which I know they won’t), all I have to is get my mom to consult her lawyer. BTW, she thinks my idea is actually kinda cute.

Originally posted by Maonth
tobester got expelled for drawing, so you could get expelled for doing that.

Well, that was his school, not mine. Remember, I go to a rich school where talent in whatever form is not penalized just because it portrays violence. It’s a part of our world and it’s inevitable. The only reason tobester got expelled was because most likely he went to a school that was in the inner city or something, whereas I live in a ritzy suburb.

/me is about to blow a gasket

Do I have to say it again? It’s the only idea I can think of at this point. Truth be told, it’s actually been kind of in the works for a while now, just never SERIOUSLY thought out until now.

Originally posted by Lüt
Still, I don't think he should bow to ignorance.

THANK YOU Lüt!!!! I rest my case your honor! My school is DEFINITELY not ignorant! Conservative, maybe, but they’d give me one chance. They know not to assume that I like killing just because I made a video about DOOM.

Wow, for once me and Lüt actually are the same side again J

Yeah I'm like the only guy that knows about that. However, we do know about that guy who killed his family with a katana and dressed like some character from Final Fantasy. But no one blames games here, we blame politicians for everything.

heh. You have to blame the parents once in a while too.

Then again, there's always that Japanese nutcase who took a knife to an elementary school and stabbed about 37 kids. That's excellent ammo against anti-games and anti-gun people.