Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Project: Illuminatus (32-level Megawad) [Full WAD Finally Released To /idgames]

Mr. Chris said:

Haven't gotten around to playing the file sent a while ago as I'm still caught up in my own projects.

It's OK because GreyGhost might fix all the current problems, so hopefully when he gets done with beta testing and fixing the maps, there will be no more problems and then I can post the WAD.

MAP22 is done! It has a mix of Base and Hell elements to it which makes it like the levels you find in Doom/The Ultimate Doom. Here's a screenshot:

GreyGhost is still testing out the map and he's also busy with other stuff. But when he's done testing, I'll release Episodes 1 & 2.

MAP23 is done! Here's a preview screenshot:

GreyGhost is also still not done testing Episodes 1 & 2 and it's most likely because he's busy, but let's hope he can get done soon.

Glad to see that soon you'll finish the megaWAD! Also, somehow I feel that the later maps will be better, so keep it up, and I'm counting on you ;)

Katamori said:

Glad to see that soon you'll finish the megaWAD! Also, somehow I feel that the later maps will be better, so keep it up, and I'm counting on you ;)

Thanks! And it is good that this project is getting done because I heard that there are some that don't ever get done.

Anyways, I decided to work on the secret levels and I got MAP31 done. I'll only be showing the starting areas though. Here's a screenshot of MAP31:

I have an idea for the intermission screen. I would like a recolored version of this texture:

I would like two recolored versions of this so I can decide which one is better for this project. I would like them in the fleshy floor colors (one has one color while the other picture has the other) as seen in this picture I made:

Hey, if you need more testers I guess I could help. I have a lot of free time at the moment, way too much in fact. :p

Memfis said:

Hey, if you need more testers I guess I could help. I have a lot of free time at the moment, way too much in fact. :p

Right now, we're getting finished up with beta testing because GreyGhost is finishing up and fixing some problems he found. He's busy with some other stuff, but hopefully he'll get done soon. But if things go too slow, then I'll prebablly ask a few others to test episodes 1 and 2.

MAP32 is finally done! Here's a screenshot of the starting area. It looks familiar, doesn't it?:

This also means we're all done with the secret maps, and we can go back to doing the main maps!

Also, thanks to Gez, he made me a recolor of the texture I wanted in two different colors. Here they are:

They need a bit of cleaning up, but which one is better?

It took a while, but I finally got MAP25 done! Here's a screenshot:

As you can tell, it has the same effect of the cube from the Bloodfalls which is MAP25 of Doom II. It's also for all of the other liquids.

As for Episodes 1 & 2, GreyGhost said he made it to MAP14 out of all 20 maps as of 7/14/2013, so it's getting close to be done.

NiTROACTiVE said:

As for Episodes 1 & 2, GreyGhost said he made it to MAP14 out of all 20 maps as of 7/14/2013, so it's getting close to be done.

Almost done. I'll spend some time over the weekend seeing if there's any vanilla compatibility issues I've missed.

If you still need playtesters, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it. Can't tell as I've no contextual reference, but those floating liquid cubes look weird.

Hey guys, I just made this post to let you know that Episodes 1 & 2 are coming soon to idgames, and it has 20 maps on it (11 old maps that have bug fixes and 9 new maps). I'll post the link here when it comes up. Also, MAP26 is coming up and it will most likely be done by the end of the week.

MAP26 is now done! Here's a preview screenshot:

As you can see, you can see many base elements despite the fact the third episode takes place in hell, but this level has a story behind that I won't tell you yet.

Also, is anyone good at cleaning up graphics? I'm asking this because I chose a screen for the intermission screen as seen below that was recolored by Gez, but it has some brown spots still on it as well as some unfitting spots on some foreheads of the faces. (no offense to you Gez)

GreyGhost said:

A red version of WALL25_1 without the age spots? I'll see what I can do.

OK, thanks for volunteering and I hope it turns out good.

joe-ilya said:

How do you make maps so damn fast? Speed mapping project?

I make maps fast because I have some ideas in mind, and I also think up of other cool ideas from my head to the map pretty fast too.

NiTROACTiVE said:

I make maps fast because I have some ideas in mind, and I also think up of other cool ideas from my head to the map pretty fast too.

That's the same way I make my maps , it just takes slightly longer to get an idea.
On-topic:MAP26 stands out of the previous maps since the last 5 maps are hellish when this map is a tech map all of the sudden. I mean , that red pillar on the silver machine. And the wall textures are cement.
Is there's some kind of storyline?

joe-ilya said:

On-topic:MAP26 stands out of the previous maps since the last 5 maps are hellish when this map is a tech map all of the sudden. I mean , that red pillar on the silver machine. And the wall textures are cement.
Is there's some kind of storyline?

I know, but this map has a story to it and the WAD has a story line to it. It will come with the full version.

I played Episode 1 trough.

Few comments:

-E01M05 the UAC door behind the yellow keycard won't open. I checked and you forgot to put action in there. Impossible to go trough so I used clip mode.(no picture, sorry about that.)

-Too little ammo IMHO, too many times I had to chainsaw those revenants.

+ Very good maps, I had lots of fun playing!

Lombardi said:

-E01M05 the UAC door behind the yellow keycard won't open. I checked and you forgot to put action in there. Impossible to go trough so I used clip mode.(no picture, sorry about that.)

That door has been fixed in the latest release, try playing that instead.

Quick note for the final release - make the windows in Map02 impassible so cheese20 can't jump into the "illusio-pit".

GreyGhost said:

Quick note for the final release - make the windows in Map02 impassible so cheese20 can't jump into the "illusio-pit".

hehwut

Also, is there an Icon lined up? I can help out with that if you like.

It's a bug that slipped through testing, an invisible pit full of monsters that you can stumble into by jumping through a window, instead of using the door like any sensible vanilla player would do. :)

I've no idea what Nitro has in mind for an Icon of Sin battle, we'll have to wait and see.

That's one option, though it won't stop a player from rocket jumping out the window, and trapping themselves if they haven't already picked up the Blue key.