Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ru5tK1ng

Odamex 0.6 Released

After much anticipation, ]Odamex has officially released version 0.6. This major version of the multiplayer centric source port introduces a slew of new features including GPL compatible slopes, a robust voting system for players, a netdemo system that allows playback control and the ability to start and stop recording mid-game, improved networking, and much more. You can view the abbreviated changelog for a more complete list of changes and additions.

Is it intended that the .svn folder is included in the config-samples directory (I did download the .zip file)?

It might be worth mentioning to anyone that uses IDE or Doomseeker that only the old 0.5.6 servers will show up in them until they release a new version. I know Doomseeker's svn versions have the new version protocol changes in its Odamex plugin, but with IDE we'll have to wait for Bond to release it (which he said should not be too long).

To see 0.6.0 servers for now, use the Odalaunch that comes with the package.

Nitro info wasn't posted in time to hit DW front page but it is going on now for anyone that catches this

Continuing the convo from the other thread: yes, so far 0.6 rjumping feels the same as ZDaemon (except for the bit of extra air control that lets you grab ledges in Odamex). I don't think 0.6 supports zdoom sector action things though, so many/all of the ZDaemon rjump wads released after rjumpq (2005) won't work with Odamex (Nes started using 'actor hits floor' things for teleporting if you miss a jump, and everyone else started using it also).

yeah, alex made me test some stuff out yesterday. the server used miniscule aircontrol, so i haven't played with clean zero yet. i also think there's a very slight difference in player speed, so one has to adjust during the explosion phase, but jump lengths seem to be okay.

Sign in to follow this