Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

I just found DOOM2 for GBA for $93...

No, that is not accurate.

It's a sealed copy. I certainly don't think it's worth that much, but if you're buying sealed GBA games today, it's not to play them. I know I paid more than retail for some of the later GBA releases that didn't have much shelf life before the DS finally killed the GBA market entirely, but I have no idea what any sealed GBA games are actually worth.

The thing that sucks about buying GBA games now is that piracy was rampant, and tons of carts sold on eBay during the system's lifetime were bootlegs. I got a few of them myself, mostly rarer games that I couldn't get a hold of anywhere else, before I learned better and refused to buy loose carts online. Now you don't have much of a choice.

yellowmadness54 said:

Is this price right?

Whatever you're prepared to pay is the right price. They look a little expensive to me even if still shrinkwrapped.

What the fuck? I sold my GBA SP, with ten games including this one, to a used game store for forty dollars. The only games that were worth good money were GB Zelda and Mario Kart.

It's a high profile brand (Doom) game that's not at all common on a system that's becoming quite collectible in packaging that ages badly... and the game's good fun. How much is that worth to a collector? :)

Personally, I've played Doom II on my GBA on and off since release... I reckon I've certainly had $93 worth of fun out of it!

Philnemba said:

Somebody selling a factory sealed copy of Doom GBA for $9,999.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005Q8IO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I seriously doubt anybody will buy a new copy for their GBA collection for that much.

$10k is a rip off, UNLESS! It was mint condition with signatures from every developer who had ever worked on the GBA Game along with the original Doom authors in a gold sheeth.

I bought mine from a GameStop for 5 bucks. Try checking gamestores in your area, etc...Much cheaper and quicker than an online retailer, as this is a relatively simple item to find.

Bust out that yellowbook, boy...

EDIT: Oh yeah, looking back at it the condition I got it in looked and was shaped brand new. It's still in very good condition. And you can spend more than triple the amount I paid for a cartridge of lesser condition (online).

HOLY SHIT $93!?

I got mine from a Flea Market for $5 :O

TB171 said:

HOLY SHIT $93!?

I got mine from a Flea Market for $5 :O

Finding GBA Doom II CIB is pretty rare these days, especially when it's not off an online store. Was yours CIB and can it be a bootleg (based on the packaging)?

Mike.Reiner said:

Shit price for a shit version of a great game. I stick to PSX Doom on my PSP for portable dooming.

Oh but that requires hacking. Takes too much effort, so just buy the 93 dollar GBA version and enjoy the green splatter.

I have to disagree regarding the comment about the quality of Doom II on the GBA. For the platform I reckon the port's as good as it gets. It's certainly better than half the home console version and you can take on the road with you.

The game retains all the important aspects of the PC version and totally feels like a 'proper' Doom port. And thanks to Kaiser if you have a flash cart you can even add the red blood back!

My only gripe is that it's not possible to play custom maps - I'd love to be able to play Suspended In Dusk on my tiny wee GBA Micro.

Besides, if anyone is buying a sealed copy of this game these days it's certainly not to play it. :)

buttspit said:

Finding GBA Doom II CIB is pretty rare these days, especially when it's not off an online store. Was yours CIB and can it be a bootleg (based on the packaging)?

CIB What does that mean? But no, the casing looked like an offical copy so I'd doubt that's It is a bootleg. The game plays the way It should and everything.

Average said:

CIB = Complete in box. :)

Oh, yes. Thank you Average :)

Yeah, complete in box. I was looking a very long time for such a copy of the game. Was a total bitch to find. Somebody put it on Ebay as low as CAD $40 (and it was the real deal, mind you). Someone got to it less than an hour after it was put up.

Never buy this game if you're not provided pictures of the cart/set, unless you don't mind shitty bootlegs that can mess up your portable. I've seen several "trustworthy" sellers sell blatant bootlegs.

Personally, GBA Doom II is a great game anyway.

While we are on the subject of doom consoles:

Factory Sealed Doom 32x for $16.88

Not surprise that price is actually low because its one of the worst Doom ports.

buttspit said:

Personally, GBA Doom II is a great game anyway.

Agree, use to play the crap out of it before getting the PC version many years ago :)

i found a copy of Doom II for the GBA ages ago in a second-hand store. too bad it was a cartridge only, that it was a bootleg and not the original game, and, that the savegame feature didn't work. sigh.

yellowmadness54 said:

Doom 1 on GBA was a tad of a let down IMO.

I haven't played DOOM 2 on it, but I dont really need to.

Doom II is a lot smoother and more playable than the first game on the GBA. There's a million threads about it but Doom is a port of Jaguar Doom whereas Doom II is built on a custom GBA 3D engine (Southpaw if I recall).

It's definitely worth a try even if it's just to see what the GBA is capable of. :)

Average said:

Doom II is a lot smoother and more playable than the first game on the GBA. There's a million threads about it but Doom is a port of Jaguar Doom whereas Doom II is built on a custom GBA 3D engine (Southpaw if I recall).

It's definitely worth a try even if it's just to see what the GBA is capable of. :)

I know that, its just my DS had coffee spilled on it :/

Plus, I have doom 2 on laptop and thats enough for me, haha.

If I had a DS or similar back, I would probably get it.