Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

DM idea for Legacy or others.

This is a small thing and for most DMers would be moot, but I think it would be cool. If your health worth is less than 30 you pulse red, if it's between 30 and 110 you appear normal, if it's between 110 and 175 you shine light blue, between 175 and 300 you shine silver-white and if it's between 300 and 400 you shine gold.

This would allow people to make DM maps with Soul spheres and Mega armor without pissing people off cause the rocket didn't kill the guy etc. It'd be more fun in games with more than 2 people. As you could run from the guy shining gold and pick on someone weaker.

This would look great in Legacy and Jdoom and other ports that are pretty to look at. I'd personally want it in Zdoom though as that's what I DM in.

total health worth - when you have a megasphere you have effectively 400 health becasue the 200 blue armor makes your health last twice as long. So if you have 200 health and 200 blue armor it's like having 400 health and no armor (not quite - but close enough -- it ends up being more like 390)

WHen you have 100 green armor and 100 health having 150 heatlh and 0 armor is equivalent.

blizzard made something like that with diablo 2, if the monster is healthy he'll have a green outline around him when he's hit, if he's avg he'll have a yellow and if he's in bad shape he'll have a red outline around him when he's hit. But you're talking about the player shining all throughout the game depending on his health? Might be good, might not, wouldn't hurt to make it an option.