Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

The Ultimate DOOM: No End In Sight - Released

There are teleporters that can get you out of the various floors on e4m9. The lowest is in a secret, but it's not an overly difficult secret to find I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong.

You are right! Sorry for pestering you about this.

Episode 4 is most definitely my favourite so far.

I've only played 4 levels of the first episode so far, but this is top quality stuff. I love how you've handled monster placement, with monsters comming from all direction and no unnecessary meat (aka griding). Also, non-linearity is strong here. I loved how you don't need a key to finish level 4.

I wish it had a custom soundtrack, but I guess the idea is to give that Ultimate Doom vibe :P

E4M5, there are two lost souls stuck in between the trees (Most top left area of the map, where the wooden plank over the lava is).

EDIT: The big maps on here are soooo cool. I am having a blast. Glad somebody still makes maps as epic for UD (I actually prefer UD over Doom 2) :)

E4m7, the lost souls are flying over the circular ledges for some reason (area where the floor is lowered and becomes damaging and where cacos and imps are teleported in). Also one of the lost souls in the cyberdemon area does not seem to be waking up. It's on the other side of ledge with the teleporter tag.

Firedust said:

E4m7, the lost souls are flying over the circular ledges for some reason (area where the floor is lowered and becomes damaging and where cacos and imps are teleported in). Also one of the lost souls in the cyberdemon area does not seem to be waking up. It's on the other side of ledge with the teleporter tag.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Oopsie, I meant are NOT flying over the ledges, when they are supposed to so can't kill them without clipping.

E4m8, can't seem to find a way to exit the level. There are two stuck cacos where all the exploding barrels are. I've killed everything except for these two and I have no idea how to open that thing again to blast a couple of rockets in there. Absolutely no clue.

Firedust said:

E4m8, can't seem to find a way to exit the level. There are two stuck cacos where all the exploding barrels are. I've killed everything except for these two and I have no idea how to open that thing again to blast a couple of rockets in there. Absolutely no clue.

Did you figure it out?

No End In Sight has been added to /idgames newstuff. Until it's officially up, I've added an alternative link to the final release version in the original post. Happy DOOMing!

NightFright said:

Whoa! With difficulty levels implemented?

My maps have them, though many are untested on settings below UV. I believe Xaser's and Chris's do not have difficulty settings.

NaturalTvventy said:

My maps have them, though many are untested on settings below UV. I believe Xaser's and Chris's do not have difficulty settings.

As submitted, mine did have difficulty levels implemented (though to what degree I can't recall -- certainly there should be fewer monsters on easier settings).

Congrats to this beautiful 3yo newborn, guys! Is this the longest UDoom megawad playtime-wise to date? I bet you thought I'd say development-wise, ha!

Spoiler

The real no end in sight joke is that it's so close to Dec 10th and the mapset's so big that it might slip into the 2017 award bin, hahaha!

dew said:

Congrats to this beautiful 3yo newborn, guys! Is this the longest UDoom megawad playtime-wise to date? I bet you thought I'd say development-wise, ha!

Spoiler

The real no end in sight joke is that it's so close to Dec 10th and the mapset's so big that it might slip into the 2017 award bin, hahaha!

Whaaaa, is that a thing? I was hoping that since it's crunch time they'll give us the award based on the pretty pictures!

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I see this uses a custom HUD. Any chance of a widescreen version?

Also, how do you open the brownish secret wall in E1M1?

No spoiler zone my friend. I hope you figure it out.

Hey I just wanted to say that I've been playing through this a few levels at a time, and so far I've had a blast! You guys have done a great job, thank you :D

My Dropbox link has been temporarily disabled. Sorry, folks. Will provide an alternate link asap.

*EDIT* Done. See post above.

Mechadon said:

Hey I just wanted to say that I've been playing through this a few levels at a time, and so far I've had a blast! You guys have done a great job, thank you :D

Thanks Mechadon. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

O. M. F. G.

So many years passed, it finally happened, and I've missed it for almost a week after release! That should be fixed