The Ultimate DOOM: No End In Sight - Released

*watches*

The intended method never even occurred to me and leaves me baffled by your claim to hate timing puzzles :)

Hey! Mainly for my own enjoyment I made a 16:9 version of the NEIS statusbar, with level stats. Maybe someone can have fun with it! I have several of these statusbar edits on the Zdoom forum, would it be ok to post this one with the others, assuming I gave proper credit?

I'm a little confused what I have to start with. In .txt file of the latest version, I'm not sure if the statement of this WAD being vanilla-compatible (while E4 is limit-removing) contradicts with this one:

Some very minor effects are Boom-compat, and an exit to a super-secret map (E4M0) has been added if playing in ZDoom or Eternity.

I'd like to play this in most vanilla-accurate way as possible while I don't want to miss anything. What actually are these Boom-compat. effects? Can the one of the extra maps, E1M0, be accessed using Chocolate Doom?

1 hour ago, Michael92 said:

I'm a little confused what I have to start with. In .txt file of the latest version, I'm not sure if the statement of this WAD being vanilla-compatible (while E4 is limit-removing) contradicts with this one:

I'd like to play this in most vanilla-accurate way as possible while I don't want to miss anything. What actually are these Boom-compat. effects? Can the one of the extra maps, E1M0, be accessed using Chocolate Doom?

Play through episode 1 through 3 with your favorite vanilla engine. Only e1m0 is inaccessible unless you warp there via a ZDoom or Eternity-based port. Play episode 4 with your favorite limit-removing port, unless you want to be able to find the secret exit on e4m6 (to e4m0). If so you need to use ZDoom or Eternity-based ports. If you don't want to use a ZDoom or Eternity-based port for e4, only use one of those ports to warp to e4m0 and e1m0. 

Edited by NaturalTvventy

E2M2 with Chocolate DooM crashes, making it impossible to progress. It crashes after entering red door.

1 hour ago, Soldier993 said:

E2M2 with Chocolate DooM crashes, making it impossible to progress. It crashes after entering red door.

Darn. Thanks for letting us know.

2 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Np. Would love to play this wad with Chocolate Doom. (besides 4th episode) Lovely maps.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Did you update the file? I possibly downloaded NEIS.wad from somewhere long time ago, I don't remember.

Now I downloaded from the link on the first page of this thread & it seems the issue is fixed.

So far, at least.

EDIT: No, it still crashes on later level.

Edited by Soldier993

Quick question: What's different in version 1.3 which got released on 6/10/17 according to the text file?

5 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Quick question: What's different in version 1.3 which got released on 6/10/17 according to the text file?

I don't even remember at this point except that the final map instantly kills all the non-teleported in monsters when you blow up the hole instead of once you exit the area. There was maybe a bug fix or two too. And balance changes.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I didn't realize there was an update! That's the problem with checking the /newstuff directory at gamers.org. Updates to existing wads don't always go to /newstuff, sometimes they go straight to the (in this case) doom/Ports/megawads/ directory.

A quick comparison shows changes to the following maps:

E1M3, E1M4, E2M2, E2M5, E2M7, E3M5, E3M7, E4M2, E4M4, E4M6, E4M8

1 person likes this