Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D_GARG

Starcraft1 mod resources: THEY'RE ALL GONE!

ok so I have been looking for over 3 days now on google, for custom graphic resources on various mod/starcraft_mod sites, all i bump into is starcraft2 rouserces AND IM ABOUT TO SIEZURE how much I hate Activision Blizzard for their megakill consequnces of all the rubbish they throw in ones face (and in this case mine) there used to be JUST SHITLOADS of them before starcraft2 came and spilled its coffee on these treasures.

so someone of you must have some experience of modding starcraft brood war, otherwise I have no idea where to go.

Im looking for graphics resources just like DOOM has realm667,
Im not looking for mods that contain such resources, I will just get pissed and tired doing a surgery on finished and compiled mods (but DOOM wads/pk3's are valid exeptions however DOOM is not starcraft!)

Really? I remember browsing around the net all the time back in 2004 finding hoards and hoards of resources for starcraft. Used to download them all the time. Sucks that they're gone.

printz said:

Are you talking about total conversions?

No I think he's trying to say he's looking for actual resources. Like files that would replace just a single unit, or video files that gave a different character animation for a unit for example. There use to be a'lot of them around back in the day. I remember there was a site you could go to and download custom animations and individual units to replace units in game. Like you could get the halo scorpion tank as a single file and use it as you wish in other things.

Sometimes they where hard to find, like they would be made as mods. They where not really total conversions, but you would have to look in the same category for them.

Creepcolony is the only one I remember the name right of hand, and checking it out it still has some starcraft resources. Check under http://www.creepcolony.com/mods.shtml

There's a few things there that affect only select units. I'll check around and see if any other sites I use to frequent where not radically altered since then. If not, I probably still have alot of those old resources sitting around somewhere from my starcraft modding days if your searches prove fruitless.

creepcolony have gone bad, Really bad :(

no signs of custom resources for modding at all, and hard to navigate
I belive that most modders have gone to SC2 instead, though its not even 10% developed yet.

D_GARG said:

creepcolony have gone bad, Really bad :(

no signs of custom resources for modding at all, and hard to navigate
I belive that most modders have gone to SC2 instead, though its not even 10% developed yet.

yeah, I noticed its quite terrible from what it use to be. Doesn't even have one of the prime tool programs I used back in the day either.

Staredit seems to have changed to total Starcraft 2 as well.

Anyway, managed to find two sites that I use to use back in the day. One's changed its site format a bit, but all the files are still there: http://samods.org/starcraft/resources There's custom units and animations here. Various quality, but I remember some of them where quite good.

Turns out RTSC still has its starcraft section. Got alot of its older mods still on there and a page full of links to sites that use to have mod tools. Maybe you will find something through there: http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/scbw4_main.htm#misc