Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Survive In Hell demos [-complevel 9]

Got inspired by 1ntru's demo and recorded an improvement for map03 - 2:38. Quite fun map for uv-maxing i'd say, i'll take a look on some other maps later.

si03-238.zip

Map25 Max in 1:25
Did this a couple of days ago, didn't expect to release it here as I didn't think the wad was at final release. I had a couple more demos but they are on the previous release so I will redo them.

si25-125.zip

Map02 NM speed in 2:47

Showing off the big flaw in this map by standing in the only monster spawning spot and preventing all monsters(except one demon) from spawning. Also incudes an extra NM pacifist run but one second slower.

Yes I'm aware that this demo is a bit boring but at least I let the doomguy dance to the music with his fist while waiting for the lift to come down.

si02-nm247.zip

jongo said:

Got inspired by 1ntru's demo and recorded an improvement for map03 - 2:38. Quite fun map for uv-maxing i'd say, i'll take a look on some other maps later.

Wow, I'd expect anyone to play this wad but you, jongo!

MAP03 UV-Max in 2:31

Still no Arch-Vile telefrag, trickaholic keygrab.

si03-231.zip

Sweet keygrab :)

Made an obvious improvement to cannonball's si02 demos and got 2:46 UV pacifist, NM pacifist, NM 100% secrets, UV-max demos. One more second can theoretically be shaved off, but it's too hard for me. Maybe our uv-speed pros could get an optimal run in this 2sec long map :p

si02-246pack.zip

MAP03 UV-MAX in 2:27

Time for more map03 action, this time with another route change. I tried to use cyber in some hks/demons infight, but either i got less lucky than expected, or it's not that useful after all.

si03-227.zip

MAP09
UV-Speed + Pacifist in 0:07
UV-Speed + Reality! in 0:08

Also as a bonus there is one more demo in the package - 0:10 uv-speed with av jump to the button, which was my initial route (which cannonball hinted about in his demo). Awesome map for uv-speed.

si09p007.zip

jongo said:

MAP09
UV-Speed + Pacifist in 0:07
UV-Speed + Reality! in 0:08

Also as a bonus there is one more demo in the package - 0:10 uv-speed with av jump to the button, which was my initial route (which cannonball hinted about in his demo). Awesome map for uv-speed.

Ok definitely missed that trick. I wonder if anyone could do nightmare for this :P

MAP01 UV-Speed in 0:22

Not much effort was spent on this one, but it's more than a filler imo. Very unreliable map for running, but i got pretty lucky, almost all the time the way is clear.

si01-022.zip

cannonball said:

Ok definitely missed that trick. I wonder if anyone could do nightmare for this :P

Piece of cake! First i've got 7.29 using same route as my previous demos, but then i found this :)
MAP09 NM-Speed in 0:04

EDIT: i like how the music ends so naturaly, as if it was just a 4sec loop. It almost sounds like a cadence, haha.

si09n004.zip

MAP04 UV-Speed in 0:39

Another tight map. This time spiders are the main source of irritation. Decided to get under 0:40, and settled with it. Wasn't that hard to do, but spiders are goddamn annoying. Goddamn spiders, i hate you! Burn in hell!

p.s. fu spiders srsly

si04-039.zip

Map17 UV Max in 2:12
The cramped feel can get very annoying, along with the devilishly placed monsters. The arch vile could not be placed more irritatingly. I could not do better in it's placement.

si17-212.zip

MAP27 UV-Speed in 0:08

Quite annoying to not having been able to kill oneself off in one shot (whoa, this sentence is a good example of how lame my english is). Had to use imp for some scratching aid. This is the only successful attempt, every other was not even close.

si27-008.zip

Map 03 UV Speed in 0:55.

Can easily go below 50s if everything cooperates.

EDIT: Ah geeze I've done it again with the wrong number of the prboom version number in the text file. Should be 2.5.1.4.

sihr2-03-melon-uvspeed-55.zip

jongo said:

MAP03 UV-MAX in 2:27

Time for more map03 action, this time with another route change. I tried to use cyber in some hks/demons infight, but either i got less lucky than expected, or it's not that useful after all.

Happy to push it to 2:1X. New strategy (probably the best), still no Archie telefrag. Thought I was getting 2:17 :c

Edit: Oh jongo, I have just now watched your 2:27 demo. Pretty similar strategy so I think it's the best. If you beat this, I'm done with this level. I got plenty more stuff to record.

si03-218.zip