Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Survive In Hell demos [-complevel 9]

MAP19 UV-Max in 1:52
MAP19 UV-Pacifist in 0:32

Yet another two holes filled. Not exactly happy with the Max but I spent enough time on it...

si19pack.zip

MAP04 UV-Max in 2:14

A clone of Hell Revealed II's MAP13, thus, a very exciting level. Just much easier. This record, though, wasn't easy to get. Needs a lot of luck with the invul for everything to work right.
Anyone 1:5X? (:

si04-214.zip

MAP16 UV-Pacifist in 0:24

A very cool looking map, but I just got introduced to it.
I won't be able to play until friday now so if no one maxes this map in one week, I will do it. Come on, guys!

si16p024.zip

Map 16 UV-Max in 1:58

Not doing much this morning so here you go. Took much longer to get then it should have, but I managed to get under 2 minutes for this first exit with minimal mistakes. Pretty happy with this one.

si16-158.zip

jongo said:

haha, fights with fallen cybers in tight spots with invisibility sphere ftw.

You know, that didn't even dawn on me when I was fighting that cybie there. I wonder what kind of sacrifice to lady luck was performed for me to survive in a tight space with the invis sphere ;D.

As a friendly notice here, the following levels do not have a max done for them (to my knowledge):

9, 11, 21, 23, 28, 29, 33

Not bad people. Hopefully they get done in quick order.

Anima Zero said:

As a friendly notice here, the following levels do not have a max done for them (to my knowledge):
9, 11, 21, 23, 28, 29, 33

Hah, that's great! MAP23 is a real beast and I was wrong when I said MAP27 was the hardest map on the set, MAP23 beats it by a long margin. Anyways, I'm going to record a max for it if no one does it until friday as I can't play this week. And I didn't know there was a MAP33, I will take a look at it later.

And someone record a Max for MAP29 already, that map is easy, just too long.

I believe map33 is the minecraft styled level, it was moved as it stood out like a sore thumb from the rest of the levels in that episode (if you exclude the tech style maps of 21 and 29)

Map 29 UV-Max in 9:40

For me at least, this was a challenging map. Limited armor, needing to juggle ammo supplies so I wouldn't run out of something important at the wrong time, and some lovely traps (Plasma Gun trap!).

si29-940.zip

Map 33 UV-Max in 6:46

Cacti enemies that basically kill you without any armor if they blow up right next to you, can randomly crash your game if they do so (For me at least!), and won't count as a kill if they suicide on you or a nearby enemy that hits them? BRILLIANT DESIGN!

si33-646.zip

Map 9 UV-Max in 5:32
Map 21 UV-Max in 4:57

Holy crap I hated that AV jump to the Soulsphere secret in map 9. Aside from that, only two levels without a UV-Max on them now (23,28).

sihdemos4.zip

Here is my route idea for map28, maybe somebody will find it useful.
(note that you need to take blue key because it makes the cyberdemon appear)

[ don't upload to dsda pls :) ]

si28-mem_route.zip

Interesting demo there mem.

Probably the biggest problem I'm seeing...there are those annoying idiot viles by a couple weapons (One by the SSG, the other by the Plasma Gun). The revs behind them can hit them if they line up between the bars perfectly, but it's more realistic to assume they would rather roast you alive if they get the chance.

I would drop at least the one by the SSG at a minimum because it's far more likely for it to attack you than the other one given your route. That one will stay asleep until you get into its line of sight or one of the revs over there hits it so as long as your quick in that area, you should be fine.

Also, I would cross over to where the RL a bit further along the path than you cross it due to the enemies after the red bars there coming up when you cross over that. Getting those extra 30 rockets nearby seems tempting before making the jump.

When at the RL, you want to open up the way out of there first before hitting that switch with the face on it. Viles come in when that happens and you need time to get into cover.

Aside from those points, I think your route would work out pretty nicely with a couple minor tweaks (That first vile by the SSG for instance).

Map 28 would really be so much better if that Mega was located somewhere else where you could escape and not exit. As it is, the limited health and armor and extremely well guarded weapons make this level a real pain.

Map 23 has my eye right now if nobody get a maxdemo for that one done by weekend's end at least (1ntru!!!). If it gets done during the weekend, then I'll tackle 28. One way or another every map is going to have a UV-Max on it by the end of next week at least.

Nevan said:

MAP15 in 4:27

I'm still trying to figure out why the switch on the three key bars didn't work until I gone and went back again.

I had some minor issues with that too. I found out that hitting the switch from the side worked with much more success then simply barging into it head first and trying to activate it.

Now then, here's one I bet some people were waiting for...

Map 23 UV-Max in 14:01

Pretty tough level here. Not the fastest run too by any means. I had a 13:52 recorded, but there was one resurrected monster alive at the end of that one. Damnation!

In any case this one went about as well...except for the fuckup with the last Afrit that damn near got me killed and a cybie that got blown off the platform near the end, forcing me to jump down after it once the other two cybs up there were killed.

si231401.zip

Map 20 UV Speed in 0:15
Did this months ago, never planned to upload it, but now I see it's 1sec faster than current Rizera's record - wow :-D

si20-015.zip

Gusta said:

Map 20 UV Speed in 0:15
Did this months ago, never planned to upload it, but now I see it's 1sec faster than current Rizera's record - wow :-D

I did that demo as a filler, and same with my MAP20 Max, because I didn't like the map! So that Max demo should be easy to beat! Go 4 it, Gusta :D

Rizera said:

I did that demo as a filler, and same with my MAP20 Max, because I didn't like the map! So that Max demo should be easy to beat! Go 4 it, Gusta :D

I just recorded that map in 1:33. Thanks for all that frustration :)

si20-133.zip