Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

Thank you Malinku for sharing i'll give it a shot.
Speaking of power metal; Sonata Arctica's latest album is out "Pariah’s Child" have a look.

Ahead of their upcoming albums, Sabaton and DragonForce have unveiled a new song each: To Hell and Back and Defenders respectively

To Hell and Back is the first officially released song under the new Sabaton lineup.
Defenders is rather different

Oh and I remember how this thread works ;)
Spoiler

Yes, I posted DragonForce in a metal thread. Come and get me Doomworld, heh.

Death Angel, Slayer, Pantera, Metallica (80's, early 90's), Anthrax, Megadeth, Hexen, Testament, Exodus, Sodom, and well a bunch of random 80's and early 90's metal bands. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dio, Manowar, and well... that's about it. I don't really like modern metal except for Havoc, Hexen, and Dragonforce. I like the new thrash metal that comes out that attempts to be a tribute to the good oldies. Dragonforce I feel as if it's Judas Priest meets Journey on crack which is AWESOME! And yeah. :3

I used to be really heavily into thrash and heavy metal. Iron Maiden and Metallica's Ride the Lightning were definitely my favourite, as a bass player. But more recently I've been finding solace in stoner rock/metal. Things like Kyuss, Electric Wizard, Sleep and Red Fang. Black Sabbath and a lot of the heavier rock from the 70's is pretty stand-out as well. Led Zeppelin are probably the best band to have ever graced this earth. Some say the Beatles, The Stones or even The Who, for me it will always be Zeppelin in terms of musicianship they are unmatched.

In case someone doesn't know (I kind of envy you, I'd like to discover this band once again) - Triptykon was formed by Tom Fischer after his departure from (leading to a subsequent demise of) Celtic Frost and is stated to be its direct continuation. Craved for more Monotheist-ic beauty? This band is here to feed your hunger.
Below is my favorite song off their amazing new album. Awe-inspiring stuff.

Thank you 4 sharing guys,
Do you remember them? some old school maybe?

The drums of war are rumbling:

I heard Slayer's new song, "Implode"; it didn't come to me as a surprise that I disliked it. I love Slayer, but they haven't made any exceptional songs since Seasons in the Abyss IMHO.

StevieCybernetik said:

Could one consider Type O Negative Doom Metal? I feel a lot of their material falls under that category.

I guess, but it's more like gothic doom metal/rock, with emphasis on gothic. At least it's not doom metal in the vein of the bands RUSH mentioned.