Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

So someone a few pages back mentioned a lack of Maiden's less well-known stuff in this thread...

I suppose it's possible I already posted this somewhere once. Can't remember.

The above post got me so amped that I decided to give you guys a personal fuck you from BRITLAND, pure NWOBHM at its finest. I couldn't find a good quality version of Enforcer, sadly. Although it's worth picking up a remaster. Also, the Satan "spin-off bands"; Pariah and Blind Fury I remember being brilliant.

Demonologist said:

Deathspell Omega

^^^^
One of the greatest black metal bands of all time.

Can't seem to get enough Deep Purple Mark II these days. Imo Mark II will always be the best Deep Purple lineup. John Lord , Ritchie Blackmore , Ian Gillian , Roger Glover and Ian Paice made some amazing music together.

geo said:

He was the lizard king:

Wow, that was quite the Doors cover.

saifi said:

Iron Maiden new album "The Book of Souls" is out, check it out now.

I thought that was due out at the end of the month.

However, I did end up listening to The Final Frontier last night, so I my body is ready.

I'm listening to Otep's official live album and the second track kicks off with the singer not saying "let's form a mosh pit," but she says something like "lets get one of those hardcore, old school walk in a circle pits going."

We can plant a house. We can build a tree.

New Iron Maiden album, bitch cakes. Released yesterday, placed an order for deluxe edition for just over a tenner. It even has a song that's longer than RotAM clocking in at a healthy 18 minutes. Upon hearing that last bit of information from a colleague yesterday (despite finding their previous album to be average) I needed it. Fact: This is their first double album, sunshine.

Spoiler

Last I checked the deluxe edition was out of stock when I checked the pre-order page. I read somewhere about how the concept of a soul or something appears throughout the album, but it isn't a concept album. Fair enough, but it got me thinking that perhaps they should try that some time, as opposed to an album of a bunch of otherwise unrelated songs. They have fantastic story telling abilities in their music, and an album that presents some big epic odyssey through and through would be pretty cool.

I am a bit late to the party, but I have just caught wind that Satan have yet another new album coming out. Considering how surprised at how (not) disappointed I was with their come back album in 2013, this sounds like it may be killer. It's out next month, too. They've still yet to match the full power of Court in the Act, though but I am glad that Brian's still back delivering a powerful vocal performance, as usual. Also, Hell may be getting a third album next year.