Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

Can't believe this album isn't better known. It's freakin' phenomenal!

Despite their name, they are an English heavy metal band from the same era as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

This is not J-Metal or anything to do with weaboos.

Well, I just made a facebook post about my top 10 '16 released albums (mostly power metal, mind you) and I'm just gonna paste it here.

10 - Titancraft - Iron Savior
9 - The Storm Within - Evergrey
8 - Ghostlights - Avantasia
7 - Master of Light - Freedom Call.
6 - Into the Legend - Rhapsody of Fire (Tom Hess' last album sadly)
5 - the Devil Strikes again - Rage
4 - Voices of Fire - Van canto
3 - the Ninth Hour - Sonata Arctica.
2 - XXX - Three Decades of Metal - Kai Hansen
1 - Into the Nebula - Distant Sun.

Top 10 Song within the albums above:
10 - Distant sun - God Emperor (because Dune)
9 - Rhapsody of Fire - Into the Legend.
8- Avantasia - Draconian Love (they're somehow sounded like Nightwish)
7 - Iron Savior - Gunsmoke ( I just love the proto-PM aesthetic in this song)
6 - Van canto - Battleday's Dawn (aka my alarm)
5 - Sonata Arctica - Black Pearl White ocean part 2: By the grace of the sea.
4 - Evergrey - Distance
3 - Rage - Spirits of the Nights
2 - Hansen and friend - Enemies of fun
1 - Sonata Arctica - Life ( It's a dumb thing to say but the fact wont wane away)

Great retro hardrock band from Australia!

One of the best albums from 2016.

Mayhem666 said:

Of course, that album is a pretty good speed metal piece.

Powermad

Unknown to most people tho.

I learned about them way back from the movie Wild at Heart by David Lynch. They're awesome, and that movie is good too.

I got a Powermad 12inch EP with a 4 songs on it for $2.00 many years ago.

Also up there, I've been lucky to catch Negative Approach 3 times the last couple of years due to their constant touring, a lot of good moshing fun.

This being my first post on Doom World I'd like to share a band called Turbo from Poland who I knew nothing about until last year, this album in particular is some of the best thrash/speed/trad-heavy metal I've heard in awhile. They recorded a version of this album in English in the 80s, or atleast English vocal tracks but I prefer the Polish versions because the vocalist doesn't hold back and is obviously more comfortable with his own language. I just dropped a chunk of change on a boxset (from Metal Mind Prod so its high quality) containing all their albums except for current ones, it is weird because this band is fucking HUGE in Poland but there are next to zero reviews, articles, interviews on this band in English (a handful of metal archives reviews which after late night digging just happened to come across this band, which I probably would have never bothered to because their name is a bit lame sounding, I was expecting by the numbers power metal).

I am trying to spread the word, I think fans of classic heavy metal, thrash, speed, crossover, death, from the 80s will find this a much needed addition! Also what game logo was that Turbo logo remind you of?

actually I'm a fucking freak with this shit (I spend a sizeable portion of income and time on tracking down metal CDs/LPs/Cassettes, long live physical media!), I'll probably never leave the music section of this board if I get going, anyone here into Whiplash?

The music in Turbo is pretty good, but i hate the polish singing language. doesn't fit with clean vocal style imo.

Whiplash is prolly one of the best American Thrash band.

I was kind of whatever on the vocals at first but I kept listening to the first two songs off that album over and over and they become insanely empowering. It certainly grew on me.

Here's another good Polish band, death thrash stuff with vocals that are between goofy and awesome

here's another good band - 'mortal sin'. i know the singing isn't perfect, but i still like it.

varth said:

Here's another good Polish band, death thrash stuff with vocals that are between goofy and awesome

-snip-

lol it sounds like he's constipated