Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

Just a few more days until I see Iron Maiden for the third time. Can't wait. 

Same here, next Sunday in Quebec city, but it's my first time and they've been my favorite band for years as a teenager and been listening to them for more than 10 years now. I'm quite excited about it, to say the least.

Not metal, but still dark. Occult music from the early 70's! It is pretty awesome too.

10 hours ago, RUSH said:

Not metal, but still dark. Occult music from the early 70's! It is pretty awesome too.

Meh

Beatiful music. Elder is really awesome band. Too much progress from album to album!

Why was I the most drunk guy at an Iron fucking Maiden concert? The guy with the Umaru Chan avatar shouldn't be the most intoxicated person at any metal show, let alone Iron Maiden. I pass out now. Waaorhg.

1 minute ago, Ajora said:

Why was I the most drunk guy at an Iron fucking Maiden concert? The guy with the Umaru Chan avatar shouldn't be the most intoxicated person at any metal show, let alone Iron Maiden. I pass out now. Waaorhg.

I guess you were just "caught somewhere in time," then.

12 hours ago, Master O said:

I guess you were just "caught somewhere in time," then.

I actually said aloud that that and Brave New World are the two songs I didn't expect they'd play, but hoped they would. They didn't. :/ Weird set list. I could do with or without modern Maiden, but I don't think they've ever released an outright bad song or album. Although, 2 A.M. is very dull, and the Blaze albums don't do much for me overall. I don't think they've played Caught Somewhere in Time live since their Somewhere in Time tour. They didn't play Hallowed be thy Name or Run to the Hills, either. And yet, they played Children of the Damned (of all things). 

Edited by Ajora

Iron Maiden played the exact same set-list for their whole tour, the show i went to yesterday was pretty much the same. The only thing that bothered me is the long-ass time of some of their new songs.

2 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

Iron Maiden played the exact same set-list for their whole tour, the show i went to yesterday was pretty much the same. The only thing that bothered me is the long-ass time of some of their new songs.

Every album they've put out post Brave New World has been good but not great, with a handful of kick ass songs here and there. The only real problem with their newer albums is that too many of the songs are far longer than they need to be. 

9 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Every album they've put out post Brave New World has been good but not great, with a handful of kick ass songs here and there. The only real problem with their newer albums is that too many of the songs are far longer than they need to be. 

Yeah exactly, I like most songs on them but I prefer some more than the others. But Book of Souls is a lot worse in term of song length. They should have played much more songs if there wasn't a song of 10 and 13 minutes in the same show.

Ok so the sound quality is a bit rough, some vocals are missing and some of the solos aren't as refined as the final album, but holy shit does this sound way more aggressive than the final album did. To think what this album might have sounded like if it weren't for Lars Ulrich's meddling in production - i find it hilarious how good Metallica were in the 80's in spite of his complete lack of musical talent.

Just listing some good bands, i recommend any of these:

Led Zeppelin

Death metal - Death (...), Entombed, Hannes Grossman solo project, Malevolent Creation, Cancer, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Ageless Oblivion, Carnage

Black - Celtic Frost, Summoning, The Ruins Of Beverast, Drudkh, Velho

Thrash - Destruction, Sodom, Havok, Metal Church, Overkill, Violent Force, Artillery, Death Angel, Exodus, Testament, Paradox, Sacred Reich

Heavy/Speed/Power Metal/Misc - Brocas Helm, Satan, Black Sabbath, Blue Öyster Cult, Blind guardian, Angel Witch, Judas Priest, Omen, Riot, the pillows

Old school BM done right, brought to you by relatively obscure Slovak black metallers Krolok. Don't mind the cheesy cover, the music is extremely good. Top 3 release this year for me along with Lluvia and The Ruins of Beverast.

Metal would be: 

Megadeth, Metallica, Symphony X, System of a Down, Judas Priest, Rammstein, Opeth, Tool.

Rock:

Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Porcupine Tree, Muse,  

I know lots more, but this are the ones I listen always. 

giphy.gif

On 7/16/2017 at 1:09 PM, Ajora said:

I'm going to see both of these bands in Chicago next month