Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claws

Doom 2 tournament in Sweden

Fellow Doomers,

If you happen to live in or near Sweden (or just like to travel to un-exotic locations) why not sign up for a Doom 2 tournament?

Preliminary details can be found at: http://fragorama.se/frag12/

Newbies and Doomgods alike are all welcome to swap war stories, frag each other and have a good ol' BBQ-feast.

Sounds cool, I'd probably try to go if I weren't from a faraway country, good luck and post some demos of any good games!

Thanks a mega for the well wishes. It's gonna be a mixture of people new to Doom DM (not Doom per se) and probably some hardcore old-timers - so the demos will be exciting no doubt.

Too bad you can't make it though.

Sounds quite interesting.
Do you have some info concerning lodging and
the place where this will happen?
Is it a five-star-hotel or a camping site?
Do we have to bring our sleeping bags?
Do you organize this on a private base or do you have a sponsor?
Will John Romero be a participiant??? What about the swedish girls?
Will there be a firework? Abba reunion??

I am very curious and can't wait for more details!!

DoomGater said:

Sounds quite interesting.
Do you have some info concerning lodging and
the place where this will happen?
Is it a five-star-hotel or a camping site?
Do we have to bring our sleeping bags?
Do you organize this on a private base or do you have a sponsor?
Will John Romero be a participiant??? What about the swedish girls?
Will there be a firework? Abba reunion??

I am very curious and can't wait for more details!!

The event will take place in Bollnäs, Sweden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollnäs
It takes about 2.5-3 hours to get there from Stockholm(Arlanda Airport) by train or car. I thought we were going to blast away the entire weekend and not getting any sleep - however for those that plan on getting a bit of sleep, bringing a sleeping bag is the best course of action.

With that said, if someone travels from a distant country; give a shout-out and I'll do my best to make sure that stuff such as sleeping bags, mattresses, spare monitors, spare computers etc are available. Keep in mind though that this is a private event done solely at my expense (plus the admission fee) so I can't perform magical feats.

The actual venue is a pretty large building that houses several different areas of interest. There is a supermarket and then some other random areas until we finally reach the place where the LAN will be set up. It's used for amateur theatre and it has an area where the stage is set up, a cafeteria area, some small offices and corridors.

Within walking distance (not counting the supermarket since it's located within the same building) there are:

* Several pizza/kebab restaurants
* Hamburger joints
* Gas station/convenience store open 24/7
* Green pastures for walking off all the excessive sugar overload

There will also be a few BBQ grills around.

John Romero will attend IN GAME as the Icon of Sin but unfortunately he can't be there in the flesh. Swedish girls will probably pass by, so looking out through the windows you might catch a glimpse of a blonde from time to time. Most swedish girls have a fairly decent grasp on the english language and if that should fail - the universal body language is also fairly well understood.

No fireworks that I am aware of, perhaps a bengal fire/roman candle ;-)

ABBA have told me that they would love the have their reunion at my Doom 2 tournament but they mentioned something about the swedish chef making them bad swedish meatballs so they might not show up after all.