Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

I know this may be a stupid question...

One way to go is to get a copy of zdaemon, which is built on zdoom 1.22. There are servers up all of the time and you can see them in the zdaemon launcher. It allows open entry into games already in progress. Once in a game, use \ to view player names and pings. If your ping is high compared to other players, you may notice some disadvantage or weapons lag. But, the movement is very smooth in zdaemon.

I don't know if the zdaemon web page is back up for downloads, if not, I can email it, ask me at llblakely@earthlink.net.

Other programs like doom connector facilitate setting up direct games with other people, using zdoom 1.22 or ? I'll have to let others fill this information in, I don't have experience. I used to go to doomserv a bit, but don't think that's running at all now. Fodders, what's the latest? (heh post count almost 100)

Ralph has ZDaemon at his page.

Doom Connector supports the following:

PRBoom, WinDoom, ZDoom, Legacy, CSDoom, ZDaemon, Skulltag, ZDoomGL, and I think it supports JDoom.

Who's Mod, the Mrs. Fod? There's a Mrs. Biff but she won't play doom. :)

Mrs Fodders = Modders, and the reason why I cannot get on line as often as I used to :), when I am watching CNN and trying to see which poor Palestinian has been murdered by an Israeli, I only hear Mod, (wearing headphones )does make you talk louder, shouting "I am winning, he is 2 in front, damn, I was chasing him round a corner and he came running back, chased by a guy with rockets, killed us both" etc :) She does like that game :)

Originally posted by fodders
Mrs Fodders = Modders, and the reason why I cannot get on line as often as I used to :)

this is getting a little sick a whole family playing doom, i would kill myself if my parents/sister would start playing DooM. No offense fod ;P

Originally posted by Shockwav3

this is getting a little sick a whole family playing doom, i would kill myself if my parents/sister would start playing DooM. No offense fod ;P

You don't have an annoying little brother who forces your parents to give him an exactly equal amount of playing time just so he can play his gay little real-time strategy games like Warcraft, with the occaisional ZDaemon match, despite the fact that just about everything I do is far more important than what he does. And the worst part is, he'll spend his time either a) beating games which he has already beaten about 4 or 5 times, or b) hanging around in a ZDaemon server where he is the only person, all because he doesn't like the people in the other server.

Originally posted by Archvile64
all because he doesn't like the people in the other server.

heheheh