Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

Anyone up for some Quake this weekend?

It's a 3-day weekend here in the US, and I've been itching to play some online Quake for awhile.

So is anyone down for a couple games tomorrow night or on Sunday? We can meet on the abandoned IRC channel (#quakenight on irc.oftc.net) sometime this weekend to work the details out.

I might be down. I am more likely to show up Sunday though, I work friday and saturday nights!

If people are interested., I can host a QL server with one of the new game modes. I can invite 5 standard users. If there are more. we'd need someone else with a pro membership.

Maybe. What kind of Quake, and when? Put up an announcement in the Quake Night Steam group if anything is decided.

Okay, posted an announcement on the Steam group.

We'll start off with Quake 1 Coop at 7PM (GMT-5,) and then once we beat it or get bored we'll move on to Quake 2. We can decide what gamemode to play in Quake 2 later. The IP will be on the IRC channel, and here are the ports we'll be using:

Quake 1: DarkPlaces
Quake 2: R1Q2

Radon said:

I'm down, although I have the Steam version.

Not a problem. You'll just have to download some source-ports.

kristus said:

If people are interested., I can host a QL server with one of the new game modes. I can invite 5 standard users. If there are more. we'd need someone else with a pro membership.

We did QL once before, but it didn't last long. Maybe we'll see if anyone wants to play tonight.

Maybe, but I'll mostly be busy with my girlfriend today and tomorrow.

...And not like that -.-

Whoo said:

Okay, posted an announcement on the Steam group.

We'll start off with Quake 1 Coop at 7PM (GMT-5,) and then once we beat it or get bored we'll move on to Quake 2. We can decide what gamemode to play in Quake 2 later. The IP will be on the IRC channel, and here are the ports we'll be using:

Quake 1: DarkPlaces
Quake 2: R1Q2

Not a problem. You'll just have to download some source-ports.

We did QL once before, but it didn't last long. Maybe we'll see if anyone wants to play tonight.

So are those the ONLY ports needed for play?

I'll play :D send me the IP? I got the steam version can you explain to me in detail (for retards) what I would need to play?

Violator said:

I'll play :D send me the IP? I got the steam version can you explain to me in detail (for retards) what I would need to play?

Check the links in Whoo's post.

Grab one of the Dark Places engine Windows (32 or 64 bit) zips, extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Quake (substituting wherever you have Steam installed if needed).

Grab the R1Q2 installer, point it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\quake 2, install.

Run the executables from those directories, not the game entry in the Steam library.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Check the links in Whoo's post.

Grab one of the Dark Places engine Windows (32 or 64 bit) zips, extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Quake (substituting wherever you have Steam installed if needed).

Grab the R1Q2 installer, point it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\quake 2, install.

Run the executables from those directories, not the game entry in the Steam library.

Thanks Bro :) Whats the IP?

Violator said:

Thanks Bro :) Whats the IP?

Go on the IRC channel for it, that way we can tell when everyone is ready to start.

Whoo said:

We can meet on the abandoned IRC channel (#quakenight on irc.oftc.net)

Internet Relay Chat; it's a chat function as old as the dinosaurs. If you use Opera, there is a built in IRC browser in your menu. If you use Firefox, download an app called Chatzilla.

Post back (anybody) if you have issues.

Radon said:

Will anyone be playing around 6:30 GMT? or later than 6:30?

Only two of us in the IRC, so I think we'll be a little bit yet.

Since there aren't a lot of us on IRC here is the IP:

24dot166dot35dot11

The port will be 10666.

We'll still start at 7PM GMT-5 and see how many people join from there.

Violator said:

I really want to play, where do i insert the IP?

In Darkplaces it'll be "Join Game" under the multiplayer menu. You put in the port number and then the IP.

Violator said:

steam is sucking for me right now

Then get on IRC.