Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Perpetual Testing Initiative (Portal 2)

Anyone else been playing around with the new Perpetual Testing Initiative maps on Portal 2? It's a very limited editor, but very user friendly and you can do a lot with the few things they give you. Hopefully they'll update it to include autosave points and more decor (and possibly different tilesets). Or maybe they want to encourage people to use real editors (which I might end up messing around with).

Anyway, here's my collection of chambers. Feel free to post yours.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/danarchy84/myworkshopfiles/

Feels clunky as shit, tried to use it and got bored as fuck hahaha!! I'll stick to DooM mapping, goodluck :)

Tried it out, it seemed interestng but between the performance issues and the UI I find it hard to do anything. I'd wager I would enjoy it a lot more on a computer good enough to handle it at 60 FPS, though.

It's very easy to use. I found a couple of glitches but nothing major.It's not possible to do everything that you could with the Portal 2 sdk, but it's infinitely simpler.

Violator said:

Feels clunky as shit, tried to use it and got bored as fuck hahaha!! I'll stick to DooM mapping, goodluck :)

Nowhere near as clunky as Hammer, though.

I suck at coming up with puzzle ideas, so I've only made one thing so far:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68536598

I've had that concept since the Portal 2 version of Hammer was released, but I couldn't be assed with all of the effort it would've taken to get it running in that, given how simple it was. The new editor is so much better for actually designing puzzles.