Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

Miami police shoot a naked man chewing on victim's face

lol, yeah I made my photobucket account 8 years ago and still regret calling it that... and as much as I cringe whenever I see it I'm too lazy to change it... "fuck" was the first thing that came to my mouth when I saw the photo. :)

At least it's better than, y'know... like, Necrofukk3r or something like that. An account by that name would be really stupid...

Snakes said:

At least it's better than, y'know... like, Necrofukk3r or something like that. An account by that name would be really stupid...

My thoughts exactly. ;)

doom_is_great said:

One thing the article doesn't mention is that a US lawyer had seen the video of the killing soon after it was posted online and he called the police in several Us and Canadian cities. Instead of doing something about it, the Toronto police gave him the number for "Crime Stoppers" and left it at that. Kinda reminds me of when an elderly woman broke her hip in the lobby of a Canadian hospital and the staff told her to call an ambulance.

Aliotroph? said:

It seems like there are more when everybody gets news from everywhere.

Honestly, that's the case. Really, these incidents are bizarre, but still far too few to find anything particularly disturbing. This is the world.

It seems like there more because Internet journalism is the equivalent of an attention whore. Doesn't matter what the story is, if it's attention-grabbing and trending, they'll post it to generate hits for ad-revenue and the sort. This stuff happens every day, and the only reason it's being reported more than usual is because it's a meme ATM.

So basically, all of these news-stories being put online right now are the equivalent of a six year-old pulling on his mother's sleeve going, "Mom... Mom... Moooooooom!"

Snakes said:

So basically, all of these news-stories being put online right now are the equivalent of a six year-old pulling on his mother's sleeve going, "BRAAAAAAAAAAINS!"

ftfy.

TimeOfDeath said:

I went to a hospital once when I dropped a brake rotor for a big truck on my toe, and an old lady was stepping out of her car as I was leaving and split her head open on the curb. Instead of staff coming out and helping her right from the hospital, an ambulance had to come and carry her in, despite being a few meters from the door. This is done for legal reasons, mostly.

I can't believe that there are legitimately wanting something like an apocalypse to happen. No one, at all, would survive. We kinda engineered the world that way. Our country alone has tons of Nuclear reactors that would either explode, or pull a chernobyl from no longer being maintained by one...not too mention MILLIONS of formerly dead people running around out there. Famine and disease would be rampant, and the likelyhood of dying from even a minor injury would increase a millionfold practically.

Are these people really so stupid they think they'd last even five minutes with a lame hunting shotgun and canned beans they looted from a Wal-Mart?

I'd like to keep my Zombies in videogames and movies, thank you. That said, I'm off to boot up Arma2 and load up Day-Z. Woo.

StevieCybernetik said:

We kinda engineered the world that way. Our country alone has tons of Nuclear reactors that would either explode, or pull a chernobyl from no longer being maintained by one...

This is simply not true at all. Even disregarding automatic shutdown, modern reactors are incredibly safe with layers of redundant systems in place to prevent catastrophe and contain it if necessary.

Until a moronic CEO thinks his reactor doesn't need improvements and avoid maintenance with paperwork in order to save pennies. Of course it works well for decades, until a tsunami or whatever mother nature throw at your face happens.

Fortunately, latest reactors are indeed awesomely resilients. They'd just need better security since in France some hippies can walk in no problem and stay hidden inside for 15 minutes until cops take them. That's plenty of time for a terrorist (oh yes, they aren't actually terrorists, but what about terrorists picturing themselves as Greenpeace until the show? It should work since the guys did it again a few weeks ago).

I guess America isn't much more security-savvy with their reactors, right?

Snakes said:

It seems like there more because Internet journalism is the equivalent of an attention whore. Doesn't matter what the story is, if it's attention-grabbing and trending, they'll post it to generate hits for ad-revenue and the sort. This stuff happens every day, and the only reason it's being reported more than usual is because it's a meme ATM.

So basically, all of these news-stories being put online right now are the equivalent of a six year-old pulling on his mother's sleeve going, "Mom... Mom... Moooooooom!"

It also could be argued that these stories make it more likely for future cases to happen. As in, some nut job reads in the news that there's been a streak of insane cannibalistic incidents and then decides to make own. Of course, extremely few people would think like that, and you'd already need to be wrong in the head to do that, but it could happen. For example, this gay guy sounds like he could be "inspired" by the drug-induced attacks. If I were to draw any parallels, there's been relatively many public shooting incidents here in Finland during the last years. Coincidence, or does the existence of previous events influence potential shooters? Could be both, until we know better.

K!r4 said:

Until a moronic CEO thinks his reactor doesn't need improvements and avoid maintenance with paperwork in order to save pennies.

Or outsource maintenance to smaller companies, which themselves outsource their workforce... My brother worked for one of Areva's subcontractors and was horrified at the state of chaos and disorganization that nuclear power plant maintenance is in. Nobody stays in place long enough to know what needs to be done or explain things to their replacement. Just a bunch of constantly-replaced rookies trying to puzzle out how they are supposed to work.

The two advantages are that they don't acquire seniority that'd make their wage increase, and also they don't get to stay in place long enough to actually discover if there are any serious problem that needs fixing. No problems found means the plant is perfectly safe, right?

Speaking about whatever Mother Nature would throw at them, the Fessenheim power plant, which was defended by then-President Sarkozy as not being comparable to Fukushima, lies on a seismic fault line... Areva is not any better than TepCo.

That's why this joke with the absence of beach near Fessenheim on a map was hilarious :-D

StevieCybernetik said:

Our country alone has tons of Nuclear reactors that would either explode, or pull a chernobyl from no longer being maintained by one...

All right, let's get this clear. NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS DO NOT ASPLODE! They literally melt down if the control rods are not maintained or the heavy water boils away.

Quast said:

This is simply not true at all. Even disregarding automatic shutdown, modern reactors are incredibly safe with layers of redundant systems in place to prevent catastrophe and contain it if necessary.

Yeah, but most of the world is still using cold war trash.

StevieCybernetik said:

I can't believe that there are legitimately wanting something like an apocalypse to happen.

Agreed. I don't know why zombies are suppose to be considered so cool now in this generation with the kids, do they even have a single idea of how it would work outside of a controlled fiction environment? I've had nightmares about a zombie apocalypse and they're always frightening and awful. Have fun seeing your family/friends/lover get eaten alive and/or having to put them down if they reanimate, or better yet if you're the one who gets pinned down and torn apart.

If it really happened it would be horrifically depressing ala Romero's Dead trilogy especially Day of the Dead and not all stylish and sexy like Highschool of the Dead.