Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simon666

My second level!

Finally, i think i have an acceptable enought version of my second level ( named Back to the fire, a song from Thunderforce 3 )
This time i have tried much harder to get a better gameplay than Temple of damnation ( shouldn't be hard too hard to top )
To play this level you will need GZDoom or Skulltag in opengl mode, otherwise the colored lighting look like utter crap ( stay away from software mode for now, i don't plan to make a soft compatible version. In fact my next level might be only fo GZDoom!...
Software mode might ruin the mood of the level!
So, what you will get in this package:
-816 new textures/flat, i've got inspiration from various semi-obscures fps to make them ( anachronos, daikatana, system shock, pid, the marathon trilogy, damage incorporated etc etc...)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ry3npj3wtjduu4

Good stuff, I found it a bit difficult in the early bits without armor but it got a bit easier after. Might've made it a bit too easy with the ssg but the end teleport fight is a bit too close in for shotty. About that, I dropped down to go kill the hks on the ledge before the teleport, but when I went through again 2 cacos and some imps spawned again. I don't think that's intentional, but because they're 'created' I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect the monster count so it's more of a surprise heheh.

Simon666 said:

...named Back to the fire, a song from Thunderforce 3...

Heh, nice; that game kicks ass.

Unfortunately, I don't have GZDoom, but I'll try to get it and play this later.

This map was excellent! The design was great and the fights were nice. I found one of the six secrets and I think you hid them really good. The only problem was the HOM effect I found in some places of the map. Good job on making this map Simon666.

I enjoyed this level, maybe a bit easy - the only bit that gave me trouble was the end teleport fight, but the design and aesthetics were very nice.

It's a nice looking map but I still need to play through it before I can comment on it entirely, also seeing as you mentioned second map have you by any chance released the first, because if so would you kindly give me a link to it?

OMG, the map design is really great! I wish I could design like this -_-"

Fighting with monsters is also fun, I died 3 times in HMP difficulty :P

This is a very good map. The lighting really amplified the textures and creates a psx/saturn like atmosphere (along with the atmospheric music of course). A brilliant map, please keep at it.

My new level is now available at /idgames!

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16795

I'm currently working on a third map with some updated
textures as well as new flats/walls textures ( it will use the same textures set as Back to the fire, only "upgraded" )
Hope you enjoy! ( If you plan to use the textures in this pack,
please use the whole set and give credits, i did not make everything!

Excellent level, loved the atmosphere and details! I liked too the way you used the colored lights.

The design itself was really good, focusin more on linear segments, and monsters placements were well done, without inevitable fatal traps. While it was fun, the level was easy, with lot's of health, not that this a negative point however.

Simon666 said:
To play this level you will need GZDoom or Skulltag in opengl mode, otherwise the colored lighting look like utter crap ( stay away from software mode for now, i don't plan to make a soft compatible version.

Must be GZDoom, and must be Open-gl? Sorry, but that's not how I play. I prefer the opposite.

Unfortunately, I cannot play this then.

I don't even use GZdoom, nor have it on my PC. I use Odamex, and sometimes ZDaemon.

It's a shame you limit people to certain engines and rendering modes just to play a wad.

arkore said:

Must be GZDoom, and must be Open-gl? Sorry, but that's not how I play. I prefer the opposite.

Unfortunately, I cannot play this then.

I don't even use GZdoom, nor have it on my PC. I use Odamex, and sometimes ZDaemon.

It's a shame you limit people to certain engines and rendering modes just to play a wad.

Well, you have the choice to either use the necessary engine or not play the wad. I'm not sure why that's something to complain to the author about.

GZdoom have everything that suit my mapping need ( as well
as supporting UDMF ) I understand that my decision to map
for it may limit peoples but you know, i can't make everyone
happy. ( I wish i could, but that would be impossible )
Personally, i wish that more peoples would map for GZDoom.

esselfortium said:

Well, you have the choice to either use the necessary engine or not play the wad. I'm not sure why that's something to complain to the author about.

I'm not complaining. It's no loss for me. It's a loss for him, because less people will play it, is what I meant when I said unfortunately for him.

Simon666 said:

my mapping need

Seems like a selfish statement.

arkore said:

my mapping need

Seems like a selfish statement.

It's his map. Expecting someone to change their creative work just for you is what'd be selfish, dude.