Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Doom 3: Phobos Releases new Media

Well for one thing the map in that shot sure looks nicer than any of the stock Doom 3 maps.

Still, looks quite typical for a UAC base. Honestly, I really like that design, and I wish that there was a better map editor specifically suited with prefabs for this theme [I'm guessing some of Team Future's designers have this same thought]. Realistically, a building on an non-habitable planet would have quite strict regulations on what materials to use.

It's mostly because of the textures used I think. Cause this shot is taken in Vanilla Doom 3.

Thanks for the kind words btw!

geX said:

Cause this shot is taken in Vanilla Doom 3.

Are you using a port for Doom 3?

printz said:

Still, looks quite typical for a UAC base. Honestly, I really like that design, and I wish that there was a better map editor specifically suited with prefabs for this theme [I'm guessing some of Team Future's designers have this same thought]. Realistically, a building on an non-habitable planet would have quite strict regulations on what materials to use.

the doom3 ed got prefab support afaik.

Avoozl said:

Well for one thing the map in that shot sure looks nicer than any of the stock Doom 3 maps.

You kidding? It blows Doom3 away.

printz said:

Are you using a port for Doom 3?

Nope. We have a few custom stuff build into vanilla doom 3. But that's only AI and stuff, nothing with the renderer.

DooM_RO said:

How close is the mod to completion?Will you release it this year?

This is Doom 3, man :)

We have no release date as of yet. It's done when it's done :)

Honestly i don't really think it looks that good. Almost looks like a beginner's attempt at building fancy geometry in 3dsmax, rendered with wireframes on and no textures. Especially the stuff at the very top. And why don't the crates cast any shadows? :p