Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Search through net: Doom Bible by Thresh

Overheard the mentioning by Dominus the other night in #Zdaemon about the Doom bible by Thresh, I've been trying to search through net for it. It'd be very valuable and interesting to read one of the literaries written by a legendary doomer like Thresh. Thresh? some of y'all might have heard of his name before but you might've forgotten where it was from. Let me refresh your memory. This name can be seen in Doombot, which is the second bot's name. Thresh is one of those legendary doomers back in the time, around Noskill's period. It's sad that I never get to meet him. I've read the other Doom Bible by Tom Halls already at Lord Flathead's page already. If anyone knows about the location of this bible where it's existed anywhere, please post a link to it or send it to my email. I'd like to read this holy literary. Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming this Tresh is the same guy who won John Carmack's first ferrari in a deathmatch tournament a few years back, and is now head of Tresh's Firing Squad. I know he's written a Quake 2 Bible that was basically his thoughts and tactics for Quake 2 deathmatch. So I'm guessing a Doom Bible would be his multiplayer strategies for Doom.

Certainly not in the league of importance that the original Doom Bible is.

Yeah. Basically your summary was probably it, Flathead. I didn't really know what the bible was about, so I assume you're right about that most likely it was a deathmatch tactic guide book written by him. Overall, I'm not very familiar to this Thresh guy. It was before my time.

Originally posted by 999cop
Yeah. Basically your summary was probably it, Flathead. I didn't really know what the bible was about, so I assume you're right about that most likely it was a deathmatch tactic guide book written by him. Overall, I'm not very familiar to this Thresh guy. It was before my time.

I've never heard of Thresh either, until you mentioned him.

Damn, I was so hoping Flathead has it. Oh well, that's alright.....:D

I've heard the name from Doombot.

Originally replied by BigbadganstaA DM guide? Thats pretty gay.

[EDIT]
No, I don't think so. It would be holy honorable to read and learn his tactics. It'd be as great as the original Doom Bible with no doubt to me.

Originally posted by 999cop
I've heard the name from Doombot.

Who or what the fuck is Doombot?

You've never heard of Tresh? You know, that guy who gets money for playing games. Goddamnit.

whoa, I'm surprised that you havn't heard about it. Anyway, I'm not laughing at you, though. It's a port what people used before skulltag came along. It used to be on either the old doomworld's sourceport or ultities page. Use google, search for Doombot4.0, nowaday, it's been updated to Doombot5.0.

THRESH
Thresh is arguably the best quaker in the world. Formerly from the (now defunct) clan legends, he comes from California, and has a brother Bryant. Thresh, a doom.god, won Deathmatch '95 by beating out Merlock. Won one of Carmack's ferraris (a 1987 Ferrari 328 GTS) at e3 during the final round of the red annihilation tournament. at the SIGGRAPH conference, Thresh was only fragged once after taking on many talented competitors for 20 minute deathmatches. he gives tips: Thresh's Quake Bible, maintains a pseudo.plan. loves Q*Bert. recently hired by pc gamer to contribute to their print publication. together with his clan Death Row, thresh and his clanmates won the T3 tournament. soon after, thresh beat out reptile to win the PGL's first season. see interview

Originally posted by fodders
Thresh is arguably the best quaker in the world.

As it so states in the Q2 strategy guide that I have. The whole DM section is written by him. And it even makes a comment about him winning Carmack's (I'M NOT WORTHY TO EVEN SEE GOD'S NAME :) Ferarri.

THRESH
Thresh is arguably the best quaker in the world. Formerly from the (now defunct) clan legends, he comes from California, and has a brother Bryant. Thresh, a doom.god, won Deathmatch '95 by beating out Merlock. Won one of Carmack's ferraris (a 1987 Ferrari 328 GTS) at e3 during the final round of the red annihilation tournament. at the SIGGRAPH conference, Thresh was only fragged once after taking on many talented competitors for 20 minute deathmatches. he gives tips: Thresh's Quake Bible, maintains a pseudo.plan. loves Q*Bert. recently hired by pc gamer to contribute to their print publication. together with his clan Death Row, thresh and his clanmates won the T3 tournament. soon after, thresh beat out reptile to win the PGL's first season. see interview

Holy frikkin' shit, that guy rules.

jesus crist, fod, that guy looks a lot like asian! well his last name is asianish already. Asian Pride :)

He is Asian, what always made me remember Thresh, and god that guy is the top dog in Doom, and this post made me gasp at the lack of knowledge of the new additions to the Doom scene, guy who helped make the wad Execution, was (probably still is) a damn good player named vicious killer, real name vincent Fong, so name always stuck in my 'ead, but he is English and Thresh was in California I think, oh and if anyone has Execution wad, check the demo, I am the guy in green getting his ass kicked by Fong :)

Ling, as part of creating user process, you have to make it mandatory that the newbees have to trawl through some sort of history section, sheesh not knowing of Thresh is almost illegal surely?

sheesh not knowing of Thresh is almost illegal surely?

Uh oh.

/me hides.

Originally posted by Lüt
Uh oh.

/me hides.

uh yeah..../me hides in Lüts secret cave.

I knew he is Asian, obviously :D
I've known the name, Thresh, after about 3-6 months after I started joining in the community. I remember I and Chewy were tracking down the history of the legend and comparing which player is better and approaching to new discoveries of different, unfamiliar oldschoolers. First was Gibalot, the very first person Chewy has met ever on the first day he started playing in csdoom as he told me about, which is odd, you know when you meet a top player like Gib on the first day of experiencing. Then I have discovered somewhat name - "Killer Kunt"..something like that, Soyonara (known he's Finnish from his words), and Fisto (have played him 2 or 3 times in csdoom). I believe those guys I met were back in the time before Anders came along. Not even Anders knows who they are. So, probably that's it. Then we both discovered about Doomserv and learned about fod and the others, following by that were people in Nightmare, and Compet-N. I've gone through some stuff about Thresh on Doom2.net, however, it is still pretty lack of information of him, just like Noskill's. Though I have read stuff about him, I could not remember most of the certain details since I'm still not very familiar to him, but Thresh has been a very familiar name in my head that I can definitely remember him as one of the legendary gods. I've also met and played with Vincent, he came back alive for awhile ago and now he's disppeared 6 months ago.
So accordingly, I ain't very alone in Doom community. Well, even though he doesn't exist here anymore. At least he did before.

Fod: I have the wad that Vince recommanded to me, so where is that demo you were talking about available at?

Originally posted by Maonth
uh yeah..../me hides in Lüts secret cave.

Is there place for me too?

Originally posted by Fredrik
Is there place for me too?

I have room for 5 people before I need to begin exterminating.

Originally posted by Lüt
I have room for 5 people before I need to begin exterminating.

It's OK we can feed the dangerous wolves that live outside with parachute retards from the Northern Mountain.

Thresh is god. i've herd of him... i remember reading about that 14 - 1 victory in a mag i'm still reading. heh there was a piccy of him holding a shiny quake trophy.

bow your head!

the demo is in the wad, just run it with doom2.exe and let the demo start when you dont start game and try demo2 doom2 -file exec.wad -playdemo demo2

Tresh si teh QUAKE ARENA F4G0T !!1

Yeah, he's probably the best Quake deathmatcher in the world (he beat the UK champion 50-1 on Q2DM1 a few years ago). But he's also one of the hugest dorks ever to walk to earth. He's not ashamed to call himself "King of Gamers", or say stupid things like "Gamers will revolutionize teh INTARNET !".

I don't like Quake monkeys.

Originally posted by Fredrik
It's OK we can feed the dangerous wolves that live outside with parachute retards from the Northern Mountain.

who? ralphis?