Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darknation

Sprite Tutorial

Yo tight work, Darknation, dat shit will help me and a few other peeps out quite a bit! Very nice worg dawg!

/me hands DN a fat-blunt full of some blue-haze and da newest issue of ghetto-booty/
:P

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Now people can learn to make sprites for FreeDoom!

Good thing.

Alright, i did something that's not sucksome.

I'll be adding more tutorials in the near future. Is there any processes that anyone wants covered first? Questions? Requests?

Oh, and if anyone else what's to share something with the rest fo us and write a tutorial you're more than welcome to have it posted on my page or linked to.

There seems to be a thing amongst certain people about hording infromation and techniques to yourself... there also seems to be a serious shortage of quality artists kicking about. Or maybe that's just me being pessimistic.

Heh, yeah, so now it get done

Also a very good thing.

Originally posted by Fredrik
Also a very good thing.

I hope FreeDoom gets done before Millennium

I'm happy if FreeDoom and Millennium get done at all :)

Question: Why do you have to use PSP specifically? Are you sure you can't use other programs?

Originally posted by dsm
Question: Why do you have to use PSP specifically? Are you sure you can't use other programs?

PSP is the best program damnit =)

That would be beyond sad if it didn't.

You could probally use MS paint if you felt brave enough. I just like PSP, it's shareware for version 4, it's not £500 and my photoshop 5k1llz are not what they could be.

Basically I've been using PSP for three years and I've been using photoshop for about three days.

Hm, I get the impression that as long as you can port the Doom pallette to a painting program and as long as you can open Doom's sprites in the same program you should be all set to tamper with Doom's sprites.
I dunno, I've only just begun to mess with Doom's sprites and I've done alright without PSP so far.

I can imagine that PSP has some neat functions which could make things easier though and I might even consider downloading PSP shareware.

Wintex extracts doom sprites to .bmp format, so any program that can read bitmaps can read these files

What program are you using?

PSP is the best program damnit =)

[zeal]P H O T O S H O P[/zeal]

I still think the best way to do sprites is create a very rough model in a 3D application (afterall the detail gets butchered at that res) and take advantage of the camera to create the alternate angles.

Originally posted by Zaldron
I still think the best way to do sprites is create a very rough model in a 3D application (afterall the detail gets butchered at that res) and take advantage of the camera to create the alternate angles.

Definitely so.

Originally posted by Zaldron
and I know Ebola did the same thing for Nimrod.

Speaking of which, has ANYBODY seen Ebola in the last few months or so? I've had his voices ready for like 6 weeks.

Originally posted by Lüt
Speaking of which, has ANYBODY seen Ebola in the last few months or so? I've had his voices ready for like 6 weeks.

Nope. Maybe he's dead.

Nope. Maybe he's dead.

heh. The sun has killed him.....they never learn.

Originally posted by darknation
What program are you using?

I'm using an old program called CorelDraw 0.3 consisting of a few different programs - one of these is Corel Photopaint which specifically is the one I use for the sprites.

I got this program as a birthday present some years ago, therefore I don't like the idea of canning it just because there is another program with several shiny new functions while my own program is good enough for my own needs.