Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

Study finds Germans incapable of enjoying life

It's clearly a lasting effect resulting from Doom being banned for so long. :V

Anyhow, I call BS until they conduct the same 'study' in other parts of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if they found the same 'condition' in most Americans as well. :P

Who cares if Germans are "incapable of enjoying life"? They still are the best.

Graf Zahl said:

Total waste of money.

Oh come on, you're just mad because it proves you can't enjoy anything, German.

Sounds to me that this study they did makes them racist against Germans.

Philnemba said:

Sounds to me that this study they did makes them racist against Germans.

Germans are a nationality, not a race, ffs. It's not hard to differentiate.

Sodaholic said:

Thanks for ruining my joke :'(

Uhhhh, this sounds like pretty much everywhere. Just replace "Sven" with "Your average Salary man" and you got something as vague as a horoscope.

Snakes said:

Study not conducted in the month of October, I take it.

Oktoberfest is in September.

Intuitively, an "all work and no play" mentality can take you pretty far financially in life. I guess it makes sense that it can happen on a nationwide basis.

Sodaholic said:

Not so much when it talks about a "joy gene" in the article, or when we mention our notion of race is a modern concept tied to the creation of post-medieval nations.

Gott in himmel, ich bin so meude.

david_a said:

Oktoberfest is in September.

It starts in September, but goes into October. They probably still have the glow till the end of the month.

IMO that's just a psyop meant to counterbalance a previous (German-funded) research that claimed that Greeks are the smallest-dicked in the EU. Yeah, the "research" is from 2008 but it has bubbled up in recent news again in mid 2012, for some reason. Interestingly, Germans "diplomatically" put themselves at the middle of the scale.

Someone must have reasoned that tartaxing us AND claiming we're small-dicked didn't work out so well (Greeks don't share the same angst/suffering-loving Calvinist values with Germans, you see...), so to "balance" that someone came out with the happiness one , saying "See? You might be small-dicked and under flak, but those mainly responsible for that (the Germans) are sad-ass misers who don't know any better, so you shouldn't feel too bad about yourselves. OK, happy hour/break over, now back to sucking it down".

I must be German then :þ

Maes said:

stuff

Study finds Maes incapable of not bringing greeks/asses/dicks into any thread he posts in

Planky said:

Study finds Maes incapable of not bringing greeks/asses/dicks into any thread he posts in

Fancy to hear that from a German, since you guys have a reputation for having a morbid obsession with everything anal and fecal ;-)

One of the best things I've ever read about that was an article explaining how the prevalence of the step toilet in German-speaking countries and regions, and a very interesting discussion of why there's no real equivalent for the word "anal" in German (in the sense of fixated, obsessive etc.): yeah, there's 'analfixiert', but it's almost never used, because it's a condition that is the norm rather than the exception.

As for not bringing greek/asses/dicks ....ehhh......you got me there ;-) At least I didn't bring in dicks in this post....oh darn too late ><

myk said:

Not so much when it talks about a "joy gene" in the article

As an aside, this right here is a good reason to ignore the whole thing as complete bunk.

Gez said:

As an aside, this right here is a good reason to ignore the whole thing as complete bunk.

I recall another research claiming that there's some sort of "depersonification", "obedience" or "compliance" gene endemic in Asian populations, which makes them much more prone to North Korea or Imperial Japan or even Singapore-like regimes. IMO, it makes sense that centuries of such regimes will eventually "weed out" the most "hot headed" amongst them, and only allow the most docile ones to live and reproduce, so there could be a partial truth in that. The hard thing is proving which came first, the chicken or the egg? Aka, did Asians always have the above qualities and they were just perpetuated and strengthened, influencing their philosophies, governments, etc. or were they shaped into that form progressively, eventually reaching a similar point?