Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blzut3

Ask Your Doctor About Zandronum

Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum Zandronum

There, now you've all got it memorized.

Ralphis said:

I always pronounced it zee-day-men

Either way is valid. The little demon that used to be home page influenced my pronunciation.

Ralphis said:

I always pronounced it zee-day-men

Zed-day-mun

Gez said:

I think the guy who bought the domain will not want to have to buy another domain.

Dot-com domains don't cost much to register and the current domain name could be kept as a fallback, in the event the community's split over what to name the port.

Let's call it Fred!

Daemon is pronounced the same way as demon. Take an operating systems class.

exp(x) said:

Daemon is pronounced the same way as demon. Take an operating systems class.

In Unix and other multitasking computer operating systems, a daemon (play /ˈdeɪmən/)

wikipedia said: daemon ( /ˈdeɪmən/ or /ˈdiːmən/)[1]

I think it really depends on who your operating systems professor is.

Anyway, I had always thought more people here would have pronounced it the same as demon, because uh, Doom? But I guess not.

DuckReconMajor said:

I think it really depends on who your operating systems professor is.

Talking about killing zombie daemon children only makes sense if you pronounce daemon as demon.

DuckReconMajor said:

zee-dee-men

See, what trips me up is that I'm Canadian and I usually feel compelled to pronounce "ZDaemon" with a patriotic "Zed." "ZDoom" gets similar treatment.

scalliano said:

However you pronounce it, it's more plotlines for CIF4 :P

oh geez...

I'll pronounce "daemon" as "demon" from now on, thanks for the correction.

Say, do you guys need any new announcer voiceovers? I can do some if you'd like.

I believe I have solved our Zandronum-related issue. It shall henceforth be colloquially known as Zandy! Two syllables, short and catchy... what more does it need?

Gee thanks, there goes my primary source port guys!

Also will look into Zandronum since ST is more or less abandoned courtesy of Carn.

Zandronum is Skulltag. Your primary port still exists, just has a different name.

Saying that Skulltag is dead seems to be true only in a pedantic sense.

Yeah, hop on Doomseeker or IDE and you'll see it's still quite alive :P

Of course the transition to ZA servers hasn't totally happened yet but honestly it shouldn't take too long for everyone to find it.

I eagerly await a new Terry wad for Zandronum where Terry celebrates Skulltag's death by allowing you to "assrape" Carn.

): Just found about this. I prefer Skulltag over Zandronum or whatever that's called. Skulltag, in my opinion, sounds more like fragfest than Zandronum, which reminds me of technological warfare...

The name makes me think of the word androgyny (zandrogyny?), and that makes me think of David Bowie (not so bad).

It's not very important. There are people out there that are willing to develop and maintain a source port for a game that's almost 20 years old, for no money. Who cares what name they do it under?

Phobus said:

I believe I have solved our Zandronum-related issue. It shall henceforth be colloquially known as Zandy!

Zandy Peterzen?

For once, more people are discussing the current name, than providing their own suggestions for a new one.

I'll start: SkulllessTag

Or, how about.. TaglessSkull?

Spleen said:

For once, more people are discussing the current name, than providing their own suggestions for a new one.

They've already said they spent a lot of time and couldn't come up with a better one, I highly doubt they're going to say "hey this guy on Doomworld said this let's change everything!"