Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkstalker

'lil prob

Someone add this question to a sky-projected FAQ that is visible everywhere on Earth at once.

Well that worked for the directory, but now a new problem has come.
When I enter a game, Zdoom lauches normally until it says "Lauching Zdaemon" or something in the console.Then my screen goes into 16 colors and freeze my comp. completely.

Time to get new drivers for your hardware/get new hardware/modify some random video settings in the config file :)

You are probably mistaken about the "launching zdaemon" message, you are not executing zdaemon.exe are you, instead of zdoom.exe?

Some of the zdoom hangups are related to sound, you might try starting with the -nosound argument (zdoom -nosound). Also, you can try renaming / deleting any zdoom.cfg file in the directory. Um, well, now I remember that zdoom 1.23 betas use zdoom.ini, not the zdoom.cfg file from zdoom 1.22. Zdaemon uses the zdoom.cfg file.

Fodders, does that also go for the zdoom.ini file if he's trying to use one of the zdoom 1.23 betas?

Originally posted by Biffy
Fodders, does that also go for the zdoom.ini file if he's trying to use one of the zdoom 1.23 betas?

Yes