Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buu342

Decorate Question

How can i do it so that the player touches the Monster and is instantly killed (Displaying the OBITUARY)

Thanks!

ALSO if this is not possible, can i change the DAMAGE TYPE's Obituary?

Have the monster have a 0-tic-length melee state with two frames. the second should do some ridiculously high amount of damage as a melee attack, which will instantly kill the player and display the obituary for the monster.

Or you can use the BUMPSPECIAL flag and give it (in editor) one of the thing_damage specials. Player touch it, trigger the special, and gets killed.

Phobus said:

Have the monster have a 0-tic-length melee state with two frames. the second should do some ridiculously high amount of damage as a melee attack, which will instantly kill the player and display the obituary for the monster.

I set the meele damage to 255, But how do i do the other thing? Sorry I'm REALLY crap at Decorate.

In your States, have the following instead of the standard Melee state:

Melee:
FRAM A 0
FRAM A 0 A_CustomMeleeAttack(1000, "monster/hitsound", "monster/misssound", "damagetype")
Goto See

Obviously replace sprite names and frames, sound names and the damage type with what you're actually using.

Phobus said:

In your States, have the following instead of the standard Melee state:

Melee:
FRAM A 0
FRAM A 0 A_CustomMeleeAttack(1000, "monster/hitsound", "monster/misssound", "damagetype")
Goto See

Obviously replace sprite names and frames, sound names and the damage type with what you're actually using.

I tried that and i made this:

actor SCP087BKILLER 9005
{
MONSTER
Health 250
+NOBLOCKMONST
+NOCLIP
+DROPOFF
+NOCLIP
+DONTSPLASH
- SHOOTABLE
- SOLID
- COUNTKILL
Radius 18
Height 50
Scale 0.3
speed 16
renderstyle translucent
Alpha 0.0
meleedamage 255
BloodColor white
- SOLID
Speed 13
+DONTSPLASH
//Renderstyle Fuzzy
painchance 0
Obituary "%o Was Killed by the SCP 087-B"
+LOOKALLAROUND
States
{
Spawn:
SCPB ABC 5 bright A_FadeIn(0.20)
SCPB ABC 5 A_Playsound("DEATH")
SCPB D 0 bright
SCPB D 5 bright A_FadeIn(0.20) 
See:
SCPB ABC 1 A_Chase
Loop
Melee:
SCPB A 0 A_CustomMeleeAttack(1000, "none", "none", 1)
loop
Death:
SCPB G 0 A_Playsound("SCPBhit")
SCPB G 0 A_Playsound("SCPBdie")
TNT1 A 90 
TNT1 A 0 ACS_Execute(103,0)
Stop
}
}

But when i test it, Skulltag ALWAYS crashes. WHats wrong???

Well "none" won't be sounds - you'd just leave them unspecified I'd imagine. Likewise with the damage type. I'd also suggest having the damage type be left unspecified.

Biggest problem is that you have a loop in a 0-length frame though. Use "Goto See" at the end of your Melee state instead, so you don't have an infinte, 0-length loop occuring.

Phobus said:

Well "none" won't be sounds - you'd just leave them unspecified I'd imagine. Likewise with the damage type. I'd also suggest having the damage type be left unspecified.

Biggest problem is that you have a loop in a 0-length frame though. Use "Goto See" at the end of your Melee state instead, so you don't have an infinte, 0-length loop occuring.

Ok, this is wierd. i did that, and my skulltag crashed. The monster didn't even move.

Then i tried again, and this time, did its fade in and out, but dissapeared. I noclipped out of the room(to make sure i wasn't in the wrong room) and i noticed something far into the void. I walked towards it and noticed it was my monster runing after me. He touched me and was destroyed. So i walked back into the room where i had the monster and THAT was when the game crashed.

WTF just happened?

EDIT: FIXED! apperrantly what was wrong was that i had the LOOP on BOTH meele and see. SO i set it to GOTO SEE and that worked!

THanks for the help! Ill add you to the credits!