Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakes

Doomworld "Secret Santa" Project - SECOND MAP POSTED

I'm a few rooms deep.. but, it's after starting and deleting several level drafts. I like how this one is coming along. I'm relieved to see that it's just as difficult for everyone else as it is for me, lol.

I haven't really started yet. Got more than I thought on my plate at the moment, but I've got a dossier of my subject, so that's something.

You've compiled a dossier on your subject? :O Sounds like you're set for an assassination!

I will say that I'm only at 10% right now, but I'm seriously resisting a major, major urge to take what I've done and not use it for one of my dozens of active projects!... Or my only one! Whatever.

I'll just take what I'm doing and make two of them :)

Ok, just made more progress on my map... i have to undertand how some tricks works and add few more stuff, btw i'm near the 50% of this...

Map layout is at 80% finished, just one section to build. After that is finished I will work on gameplay. Hopefully its not going to take me very long. Sweet map, if I say so myself :p

My map layout is finished, I'm currently working on gameplay. I might be able to complete the map this week or coming weekend. But I'm in no rush since I've got plenty of time left to work on gameplay. My map is called "Meat Furnace" silly name perhaps, but you'll understand why once its released.

Good to hear, Dutch. That may be the quickest I've ever seen/heard of you finishing a map :P

It seems I feel inspired and motivated again. Just one big ass trap to add and its finished as far as I'm concerned. Did some playtesting earlier, its still missing a good end fight. Its a medium sized map. Tough map, but not unfair. Cool layout, probably great fun on DM.

So do I need to send it to you once its finished? And the playtesters need a copy too?

dutch devil said:

It seems I feel inspired and motivated again. Just one big ass trap to add and its finished as far as I'm concerned. Did some playtesting earlier, its still missing a good end fight. Its a medium sized map. Tough map, but not unfair. Cool layout, probably great fun on DM.

Sweet! Looking forward to giving this a whirl.

So do I need to send it to you once its finished? And the playtesters need a copy too?

Yes and yes :) Be sure to make a note of what source port to run the map in, any sources needed, and all of that good stuff. I'll probably be a little slow in my response to you as I have a ton o' stuff going on lately.

Guilty as charged :( It's alright though, because it's the next map I'll be working on after I'm finished with the current one I'm on.

Map is 100% finished. I've send you a download link for the map Snakes. Emailing the map didn't work for some of the playtesters.

I am well into my map. It's not going to be too large, but it should be a bit of fun.

grouchbag said:

Very good map and looks nice.Looks like it will be a good megawad.Looking forward to it!

This is not a megawad, each map is a seperate release.

I'd also ask for playtesters to send their notes to the mapper via private message or e-mail only!!! This will prevent possible spoilers and other such things.

My mapping pace for this project ATM is the equivalent of a snail moving through molasses, so it'll be some time yet, heh.

Note to the person who got me: I just put a set of maps up for playtesting here, so if you want a more up-to-date look at my style, go there.

Now I'll have more time to do my map!

Thus far, I've received a map from Dutch Devil and progress update from Walter, who has to put his map on-hold ATM, but assures he will finish once he returns. DD's map is high-quality work and Walter's looks promising as well, so it's nice to see that.

The "deadline" for this project is really only a sort of guideline and, as everyone has a lot going on these days, I'll probably push this to September 30, as I have a friend visiting town for a week, followed up by a brief excursion to San Diego, and won't be able to dedicate much time during that period.

Hope everything is coming along at a decent clip for everyone!

That's a good enough deadline for me, uni starts today for me so I'm left to weekends now. I'd say my layout is about 85% completed apart from monster filling and a little extra detailing. If only the mapper was more similar to mine, then I wouldn't be taking more time! :P

I haven't done much work at all to my map lately, but the groundwork is all there. I just need to do some speedmapping over a day or two to get most of it down. :)

So, how's everyone progressing of late?

I'll go ahead and say that me and Doom have had a lot of quarrels over the past 2 months or so (that is to say, I've opened Doombuilder and punched the screen before saving every time). Needless to say... I'm about where I was a month ago, I'll try my damndest to get it done ASAP, though.

I have made 0 progress, but I know what kind of style and setting it should have.

Maybe Snakes could release each finished map as soon as it is finished, so we can look at them and speculate as to who is being imitated (and who the imitator is, if it's not already known), but the answers are kept secret until the end of the project? Maybe it would spark some life into this?

btw, I haven't even started.