Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scypek2

Change IWAD to PWAD? (Slade?)

Yeah, yeah. I did it. I modified an IWAD, I already have some custom textures and maps (that refuses to work without that textures even though many of them don't have any). I've read somewhere that SLADE can remove from WAD files that are equal to IWAD files, but I can't make it to work.

Scypek2 said:

I've read somewhere that SLADE can remove from WAD files that are equal to IWAD files, but I can't make it to work.

Yes, but you need a recent SVN build. It's not in the 3.0.2 beta available from the main site.

First, set the base resource archive to the original of the IWAD you modified.

Then, with your mod as the active tab, use Archive->Maintenance->Remove entries duplicated from IWAD.

If in Windows: just open the 'edit' program from Run, open the IWAD as binary (you may want to increase the line length so it can be read-write) and replace the first I with a P. Alternatively, use any hex editor. This same procedure can be done to change lump names.

Gez said:

Yes, but you need a recent SVN build.

I've got something like:[quote]Slade-r1311pdb.7z May 07 2012 11:34:55 6,201,069[quote]Installed it and it did nothing. What is wrong?

@Printz
By changing it into PWAD, I mean removing all the stuff present in original Doom IWAD so I could upload it rightfully and sensibly.

Uh, you mean, you downloaded just the PDB file? That's a debugging tool if you get crashes, you can extract it and it'll help you get an accurate crash report.

For using SLADE, you'll want the normal, non-PDB file. The one that contains the .exe.

Well, I know little about all that SVN, I've googled a page containing SVN builds for Slade and supposed that's right. Could you maybe provide a link for that?

The official builds are compiled with VS 2010. The unofficial SVN builds are compiled with VS 2005.

For any particular reason?
Such a disparity seems like a step back to me.

It would also be a nice touch if that were mentioned on the SVN download site.

Not compiled by the same people, that's why.

Also, anybody who runs a Windows build of ZDoom or GZDoom successfully has the needed VS05 runtimes already, since they're compiled with VS05 too.