Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well I told a lot of my friends from Doom online about 8bitdm2. i was wondering if anyone would like to help out with the mapping. it would be good if anyone would like to help out. I hope someone comments and want's to help out.

SoulHarvester said:

well I told a lot of my friends from Doom online about 8bitdm2. i was wondering if anyone would like to help out with the mapping. it would be good if anyone would like to help out. I hope someone comments and want's to help out.

Could you perhaps say a little bit more about this 8bitdm2? I googled, and only good result was: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12451 it's just a map with description saying it is meant to be like doom if doom was done in 80s? What does that even mean? Does that mean change all the assets(textures, sounds, music) to 8-bit versions? So, 8color palete, 8channel tracks, etc.?

If so, then you are saying you want to do this for doom2?

If so, then no, not interested. I don't know why we're changing classic doom to be something else other than classic doom. I came back to classic doom to play classic doom; not to play a 8bit version of it, or to play newer versions of it(with sloops/angled floors, etc.) either. However, I am okay with an overlay file be used for providing colored lighting.

Sure well you played 8bitctf and DM right? well a friend and i decided to start this project out and he says we need more mappers.. so as you can see we are looking for mappers to help out at the moment. its funny because i got the music pack ready and the sorces as well. we are trying our best at this but we just need mappers. i could record the first map we have done or we could expand it a bit you know and see how many people could help us out ok. its a side project i really wanted to do for a long time and i really would like if we could have some help

I think this is a great opportunity for you to practice your mapping skill dude. Id help you out but i already got 2 projects im working on and i dont want a 3rd.

Good luck broski

thanks. a friend helped out with the map i added the song you see if you know oddasyofnoises he is the one that mapped out the first level. i added 8bitstuff for the retro feel you see. we are tryen to find mappers right now. Btw thanks for the comment as well :)

i'll already heard of this person (oddyseyofsounds) and this project doesn't look so bad.... the layout of the map is nice, maybe add more variety to the walls texture (maybe take some stuff from a master system \ NES game... i known there was a zdoom project called 8-bit warrior or something similar for zdoom that uses the same concept)

thanks. i got Doomcenter 2 and in the Arcade they got a pcman on the ground with little dots and on top of the wall they showed diffrent retro characters like Mario Joust Megaman etc. you see i'm like a retro type of person as well and i'll look for retro/ 8bit worriar around. thanks for the ideas and they will go into effect soon

As some of you may remember from my old Galaxy.wad project, im not a very good mapper. That is mostly the reason I think we need more experienced mappers to help with this thing.

Galaxy.wad was pretty good it could use some work but as i said its pretty good. anyway when i try to you know map everything comes out horrable. i try my best and see what happens but then things just get me lost and confused **. so what we are doing is looking for mappers to help us out

Guest DILDOMASTER666
arkore said:

Could you perhaps say a little bit more about this 8bitdm2? I googled, and only good result was: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12451 it's just a map with description saying it is meant to be like doom if doom was done in 80s? What does that even mean? Does that mean change all the assets(textures, sounds, music) to 8-bit versions? So, 8color palete, 8channel tracks, etc.?

If so, then you are saying you want to do this for doom2?

If so, then no, not interested. I don't know why we're changing classic doom to be something else other than classic doom. I came back to classic doom to play classic doom; not to play a 8bit version of it, or to play newer versions of it(with sloops/angled floors, etc.) either. However, I am okay with an overlay file be used for providing colored lighting.

Doom is already a largely 8-bit game, with all art assets already being 8-bit and all sounds being 8-bit. I don't see why you're so up in arms about 8bitdm, considering you are already, in a sense, playing a game that is 8 bit

I think really "8bitdm" is something of a misnomer by a purely technical standpoint since the resources are largely 8-bit already, but I think the intent is to model Doom as it would have been had it been released on an 8-bit (CPU) home console of the mid or early eighties, which is a pretty cool idea IMO. We can't have real Commodore64 Doom, but it's fun to pretend.

if you played 8bitdm or 8bitctf you'll see what we are talking about. its pretty fun. the only thing i don't really like about the first 8bitdm is to much of those seizer lights ** but yes this is going to be good and i do belive Doom is either a 32 or a 64 bit type game.

From what I can see from the first map you dont really need help. I see you have some unchanged sprites and textures though. Good job so far and keep up the good work =D