Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CodeImp

Looking for a sci-fi Concept Artist (and also showing a bit of my current project)

Since a while I've been working on a game engine. A few months ago I teamed up with a friend to work out some graphical systems and add temporary artwork so that we have something to show. Now we are looking for sci-fi concept artists for both characters and environments to start designing the actual style and content of the game. This is also my excuse why I'm not working on Doom Builder so much.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND PROJECT DESCRIPTION

Click here for high-res MP4 download

Hmm, looks like a third-person Quake, but with more monsters. I think I'd fail at the points where the camera moves across the room.

The shadows are not in there yet, simply because it is in development and we didn't value it high enough to put that in, yet. We're also not entirely sure about the camera angles we want yet. We focus on the big wins first, then we will bother with the details more ;)

Throw out that 'dynamic' camera immediately. It's been the folly of countless fledgeling 3d games in times of old. Engine looks solid, fast and fluid, but that artwork needs a revamp, which I know isn't nearly finished yet. It's just boring as hell to look at.

Well I must say it sure looks very interesting, however I agree with Use3D over the camera angle, it does feel like a turn off, no offense of course.

I'd recommend a lower angle, and a little closer to the player.

Looks like a strong base. Is it related to the bloodmasters engine at all (the vid reminds me heavily of it) or a completely new engine?

Use3D said:

...but that artwork needs a revamp, which I know isn't nearly finished yet. It's just boring as hell to look at.

Well he does say its temporary and is looking for someone who can "start designing the actual style and content of the game"