Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Thanks a lot, dw5 is a "cute" early map and dw24 is a cool tough level with unforgiving health balance (I stupidly got burned by an arch-vile halfway through the map and, as a result, didn't have enough health for the last fight).

Well if somebody could get Aliotroph to search through his doom directory, we might get 1-4. He answered my pm after half a year and said that he'll check later. :p

Just out of curiosity, I can't remember the name of a wad from the later 90's. It's a multi-level wad, maybe multi-mappers, one of the levels is inspired by "J. Cluck's" from Redneck Rampage (the chicken slaughterhouse level). You start outside in a parking lot with big trucks with long trailers (made from sectors). Then you go in the factory or chicken slaughterhouse.

Memfis said:

I'm looking for an old Doom 1 wad, could be from 1994 but probably came out a year or two older.

- I recall it having e1m2 music so maybe it replaces e1m2 but maybe I just used IDMUS.
- I think the author had like 4 more wads in the archive and one was a slightly edited version of another (maybe a Doom 2 conversion).
- One of the first rooms had a bunch of teleporters taking you to different parts of the level, kind of like this: http://i.imgur.com/wZIzsrx.jpg
- Also near the start I remember some big long white hallway with a window view to the large outside area, which was brown: http://i.imgur.com/jeqs853.jpg
- That large brown area was connected to another one via a tunnel like this: http://i.imgur.com/4jCAsZt.jpg Maybe it wasn't the only way to get there.
- Also it had an outdoor area with 2 "towers" and some cacodemons, I think you could get in them too: http://i.imgur.com/YeKMxZS.jpg
- The map was kinda long, surely took at least 15 minutes to beat.

I could try drawing an area or two more if necessary...

I FOUND IT!

Another request: looking for a wad with 5 maps, most likely from 1995 or 1996. One of the levels uses a midi of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8dlHmu0GEY Second level starts in a circular green marble area with a few paths to choose. One of the levels uses the Halloween theme song and has a BFG and lot of imps at the start. The last map is a rocky arena with a Romero head I think.

ETTiNGRiNDER said:

The other one was something that was running on a co-op server (probably Skulltag) from which I got the download. It was a small hub (three levels I think) for ZDoom, though with minimal use of ZDoom stuff (the primary tip-off that it was, in fact, a ZDoom WAD was the use of a remote camera to show what a switch was doing.) As I recall, you started out in a sewer, the main level was a wasteland/badland type of place, and the final boss (a Heresiarch) was fought on an ice field. It had "DLC" as part of the file name as I recall.

Found, inadvertently while browsing around.

Still looking for the grey & red DM one for Hexen.

I remember a map I played a few years ago.. sometime around 2004 - 2008.

It was a doom map where it had a ton of stuff, but somewhere near the end, there was a helipad surrounded by four side entrances.. You could run up the steps to a helipad, and a cybderdemon appeared.

I think it's from a megawad of 32 maps.

Wad or mod with a freeze gun?? I don't think it's DoomX, because that never came out (?)
I was playing this wonderful weapons replacement for gzdoom that I usually play with Brutal Doom and I'm having a senior moment. I hate it when I played something cool months ago and forgot what it was. There was also some kind of red and black skull gun that looked like something out of Hexen.
I'm sorry I didn't notice the "looking for a specific wad thread".
http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag423/GuyConrad/freezegun_zps4e92eabc.jpg

The title of this thread has gotten munged up after merging it. It seems like double-quotes were once allowed but are no longer...

What's that one map wad from 199X where you start in a green marble tunnel and see the exit immediately in front of you, however when you try to approach it you get teleported to another area?

Looking for a zdoom wad where the final level has you fighting a giant dog (possibly a giant recolored hell hound from blood) in an arena and you get a rainbow gun. Also has the headless kamikazes from serious sam.

I just wanted to answer doomworld.com/vb/post/1277790]this:

Brad_tilf said:

Ok - so I'll tell you the one I'd like to find again but I can't remember what it was - the author created "ghosts" by killing sergeants
under a door (i think it was a door) then having a hidden archvile bring them back to life, but because they were under the door they were turned into ghosts. It was pretty cool

and doomworld.com/vb/post/1277805]this:

Brad_tilf said:

I actually think it was the first map to utilize that trick

Considering this two quotes, I think it may be this one.

I'm looking for a megawad called Hell's Bells. I think that was the name of it. I used to have that until my XP died on me (That was 3 years ago). Now using Windows 7.

I even tried to find it on to archives.gamers.org, no luck.

OH THANK YOU! :D
Hopefully I can fix that one level where the bug, player doesn't start.

Edit:
...No wonder. No map :P I'll take it from here.

Edit 2:
I didn't realize the maps were bland. It's been that long. Welp, time to for me to do what I do best, add plenty of detailing and fix other issues.

I do have another, but I forget the name. Basically, the TITLEPIC had a lot of Imps. Some of them had wings (If I remember correctly). The wad also had monsters made with DEHACKED. When I played MAP01 on Ultra-Violence, the Author warned me to play a easier skill level. Some of the monsters were Imps that had the FUZZY effect (Like the Spectres). Some monsters were Invisible and when you kill them, their scream was the Icon Of Sin's. Some of the weapon sprites were from HeXen. The Chainsaw sprite was I believe was the Serpent Staff called the Lazer Blaster (or was it Laser?) The BFG sprite was the Bloodscorge. Forget the name. Also when a map loads, takes a while due to missing sprites. Tons of them.

Some of the textures was some animals like Polar bears I recall correctly? idk. It's been 3 years.

That's really all I can remember.

Okay, I've answered my own question. The one I was looking for with the incredibly cool freeze gun and the skull flame thrower is Beyond Hell and Earth for Brutal Doom, or BYHAE.pk3. Highly recommended. Nice levels too! The special frozen sprites for all the characters are to die for. You just haven't lived until you've frozen a Mancubus into a big fat ice statue and walked up to it an kicked it with your mighty boot so it shatters leaving the bloody stumps of two frozen feet! Reet! I assume if I freeze a Cacodemon in midair he will fall to the ground and shatter in a way that's richly rewarding.
http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag423/GuyConrad/frozenmancubus1_zpse270905e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

VVL said:

(I don't want to be a necrobumper, so I ask there) Maybe someone has the wad from this topic: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/68215-gothic-beta-release/?

You could maybe just ask Hobomaster for a re-upload in said thread? Anyway, until then, I've uploaded it to my host so you can download it. But seriously, ask Hobo for it :-)

Download fb_beta1.zip