Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Hello, I am looking for an episode (6 levels, I believe) which ran on GZDoom, and its theme was a horror one (splatterpunk to be specific). At first a player was in his room and had to leave by a hole in a wall, and that was level number 1. Then it was like in a butchery. Then I stopped playing because I didn't like blurring that GZDoom does to textures. Recentely I found it's up to me, and wanted to play this WAD, but it looks like I deleted it. I was trying my luck on YouTube, but failed.

So, does anybody recalls such thing?

[Edit] Okay, got it. http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/unloved.zip.

...Welp, since the wad you guys were searching didn't go very well.

Since that happened, I do have another, Pit.wad.

Well, it's kind of both a single play and deathmatch map. It also has sounds I found funny. When you get gibbed, instead of the DSSLOP sound effect, it plays "Honey, you're getting real ugly". When someone shoots you, you make a barking sound. Weapon picked up, sound plays "let's go!"

Does someone have this?

I been looking for an old mod called Quake2Doom. It was a slight doom mod from early 2001 with 9 maps and featured quake2 textures, but doom items, weapons, and enemies. All there is left in the archives is the re-released 1 map Vavoom version.

This was originally the text file:

=====Advanced engine needed : zdoom boom etc. works best with zdoomgl 0.66 ===== Title : quake2doom FIlename : q2doom.wad Date Finished : 5\25\01

This pic was all I could find when I googled "quake2doom.wad"

http://i62.tinypic.com/2cegp53.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: found.

Hi there.

I was wondering if any of you guys has Chiggity, by Ribbiks. Link in the thread is dead, and I couldn't find another one.

Another fail.

Well, another.

Sarge Skin for Skulltag. Has custom taunts. Well, only 2.

"On your knees, soldier!"
"Your duty has always been to die, soldier!"

Um... I'm trying to find memorial.wad (I think that's what it's called)
I went to a forum thread about it but the link wasn't working. It's supposed to be a single Doom-II map made by merging all the original maps together. Can anyone help?

Zulk-RS said:

Um... I'm trying to find memorial.wad (I think that's what it's called)
I went to a forum thread about it but the link wasn't working. It's supposed to be a single Doom-II map made by merging all the original maps together. Can anyone help?

Link here: http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/66c865280ef4c604252d8e11fe674aa9 seem to be working. I got interested by the description and googled it. Lemme know if it’s that. I’m keen to see it.

Krazov said:

I got interested by the description and googled it. Lemme know if it’s that. I’m keen to see it.

Yep! This thing here is what I was looking for! Thanks!

anyone have any of Death-Destiny's Dark Plutonia? looks like it was at least 90% complete when he just disappeared :(

This is a long shot but I'm looking for a large hell-themed map. I recall starting out in kind of a cramped-ish ROCK1/wood castley dungeoney segment, then branching out into themes like hell caves with ROCKRED1 and whatnot. I remember running up a large curving staircase, I think lined with ZIMMER of some sort, with torches around. The entire level was underground by my memory. Oddly enough, I'm not sure I actually remember it being that good, but the adventure had a charm to it and I'd kind of like to find it again. It had an old-school feel to it but I'm not sure whether it was actually old or not.

Man, there are just two WADs remianing from my childhood I've yet to identify. One was like a predecessor to GothicDM, maybe containing about 5-6 maps, with a blue sky and very Hexen/Heretic like texturing, but it ran in Doom95 - Lots of grey bricks and such. Maybe even some of the 'stained glass' textures.

I don't even know if there was custom music, I was probably like 7 years old when I last played it - The fact that I can even recall it is astounding. They were certainly DM maps, though there was only 1 or 2 monsters in each map.. This was before I even knew what DM was.

I'm thiking it was made somewhere between 1995 and 1998. Woulda been seen as very impressive DM turf at the time. I found it at the same website where I originally found DropDead (I'm shocked I somehow stll remember this) which has no doubt been gone for well over a decade now.

If anyone even knows of a wad even remotely resembling this, PLEASE tell me. For all I know, it wasn't popular and may not even exist anymore. But I still hope to find it one day..

Additionally, I'm still looking for this DM pack from yesteryear:

Doomkid said:

a DM pack of "entryway themed" maps, where the pistol made the shotgun sound when fired, and the maps also generally had enemies present. There were no custom MIDIs, which makes it hard to identify this kind of stuff.

If these ring any bells at all, I'd appreciate it!
[...]
I understand this description is vague - so I've actually attempted to remake two of the maps that stick out the most in my mind: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i65kz3am6g3hn6i/dk_hopin.wad

There was definitely another map in here that was outdoors with a Cyberdemon battle, though the memory is too vague to accurately replicate it. (Last time I played this WAD I was probably like 7 years old)

If ANYONE out there has any bells rung by this, please give me a shout. Im sure it would have been created or 1995/1996, and that would have been about the last time I saw it too..

Tango said:

anyone have any of Death-Destiny's Dark Plutonia? looks like it was at least 90% complete when he just disappeared :(

I so want that stuff. GreyGhost had some screenshots from the set IIRC (I have them on my old laptop I think). Someone needs to extort D-D for the maps or something

I seem to recall that somebody on the ZDoom forums recreated the "machine pistol" gun as seen on the box art of the game as a first person gun, but I've been unable to find it so far.

Does anyone know who made it, where it might be and if I can contact him to use it if I want to?

Lol what was the wad where the description goes like...

STORY: your team enters some base to investigate, soon everyone but you is killed, blablabla...
COOP STORY: looks like some of your friends survived after all.

Thought it was funny.

Sodaholic said:

I seem to recall that somebody on the ZDoom forums recreated the "machine pistol" gun as seen on the box art of the game as a first person gun, but I've been unable to find it so far.

Isn't this enough for you? Then there's also this.

There was a single doom 2 level posted here on these forums about 5 or 6 years ago. It was from an author who I believe stated it was his first map. I don't think he made any maps since then and he wasn't a very active poster if not for that one release.

It was a pretty highly detailed tech base map built inside of a cave. The only distinctive features I can remember are that it had a good bit of yellow/black warning stripe textures, quake 1 rocks, and water (blue, possibly brown, maybe even nukage) That might describe the beginning area though. The map may have been long and feature other distinctive texture themes but I don't remember playing the map to completion.

Can someone please link me to Little White Mouse's Harbringer.wad? I had it a while ago but now I don't. It was a part of the giant collection of gggmork's maps that gggmork made, and I really need it.

I'm looking for a .wad file for Doom 2 that I believe was called ballpark.wad. It was a baseball field with dugouts and when someone was gibbed the sound effect was the Ace Ventura, "All righty then!".

It is NOT this ballpark.wad: http://www.reocities.com/Area51/nova/2704/doomint2.html

I believe it was created by Duke of the Massachusetts DWANGO server.

I'm looking for a certain ZDoom 1024 horror wad. It contained a single 1024 x 1024 map. The player starts in a square room roughly 512 x 512 units big. He presses a door or something, and the room suddenly gets dark, the environment starts to twist, flesh and hellish details appear, and dark imps (?) teleport it. Then a hole in a wall opens and the player enters extremely cramped maze of bricky corridors, and there are these guys in the maze. I've played the wad years ago, I remember these details, but I've completely forgotten what the wad actually was.

Guest Unregistered account

I'm looking for a certain WAD that actually popped up in the Cacowards, but I've searched and can't find it. It was meant to be like a 90's era Doom clone and was praised for having high-quality enemies and graphics created from 3D models. What is it?

Guest Unregistered account

Gee, thanks! :D
You have to appreciate the amount of effort that went into the outside-of-game visuals (I.E. website artwork).