Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking for these files by Zeratul 982 and Sephiroth. They were once available here.

Zeratul 982:
DM1.wad
Forlorn Fortress (forlorn.wad)
House of Evil (evilhome.zip)
stonelmp.zip - Modified MAPINFO lump for Stone Stratagems. There was no download for stonelmp.zip at depot.wrong.button.com, but it was listed here.

I have The Grand Arising (helix11.zip).

Sephiroth:
RealmDark (realmdark.zip)
Doom Maps Part 1 (doommap1.zip)
Doom Maps Part 2 (doommap2.zip)

Might be a long shot, but I'm looking for a WAD I played many years ago. I could have sworn it had "Crimson" in the title but can't find it under that name. Pretty sure it was a DM WAD... first two or three maps had a blood/red theme, and then after that there were a few city/techbase maps. The one I remember the clearest took place in an area underneath a huge building supported by pillars in the play area, and you could see a bunch of buildings in all directions. And I seem to recall some sort of fog effect obscuring the buildings, so maybe a ZDoom WAD?

I'm looking for a text file within a wad, which had a recommended list of other wads, one of those recommended was widowmkr.wad

Querying the idgames frontend won't work since it was a supplementary text file alas (though not necessarily .txt)

Grazza said:

This one, maybe?

At first glance that seems like the one! But then the wad itself I don't recognize, and the recommended wads seem to be a slightly different list than the one I'm hunting for. Perhaps it was a list that was copy/pasted in many wads over the ages and subtracted/added to by different folks... argh!

Vorpal said:

At first glance that seems like the one! But then the wad itself I don't recognize, and the recommended wads seem to be a slightly different list than the one I'm hunting for. Perhaps it was a list that was copy/pasted in many wads over the ages and subtracted/added to by different folks... argh!

I found what seems to be an older version in the 3D Game Alchemy Shovelware CD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mrrzdh4s0brp4vz/KANSAM4.rar

Only other list I've found that includes widowmkr.wad is in kansam9.zip, which was removed from /idgames years ago. Same as the list in kansamse.txt.

I'm looking for a wad where there's a level set on a highway. There were many monsters sniping you from rocks and caves on the sides, and the road had many curves and some tunnels as well. Iirc the level ended with you entering in a building.

i remember there being a 1024x1024 project, i think, centered on the original Doom 2 levels. all the levels were byte-sized versions of their original counterparts. i've completely forgotten what it was called, though.

I remember playing a megawad that ended with an unusual boss spawner: the icon of sin was rendered in 3d with sectors, rather than as a flat wall image, and you killed it by shooting it in the back of its head. I just can't remember which wad it was for the life of me.

Impie said:

I remember playing a megawad that ended with an unusual boss spawner: the icon of sin was rendered in 3d with sectors, rather than as a flat wall image, and you killed it by shooting it in the back of its head. I just can't remember which wad it was for the life of me.

I believe that's map 30 of the original Community Chest (cchest.wad). Can't recall its title offhand, but the author is Thomas van der Velden.

Hi all,

I'm searching a wad I played on 2008-2009 of which I don't remember the name. The things I remember are the following:

-The wad had an history
-The main villain of the wad was a Cyberdemon (with a name) that you fight like 2-3 times before the final battle vs his modified version (hard battle I remember).
-Before the first fight vs that Cyberdemon he kills a marine friend of yours, oneshotting him.
-The above marine drop your first plasmagun.
-On the first level you have to fight an Hellknight in a narrow room with the shotgun
-The wad used psx music tracks
-The wad used texts (dialogue with your marine friend or with the Cyberdemon before the battle)
-The boss before the final boss was a modified Spider Mastermind which could levitate and shoot missiles

There are other details which can help to find the name of that wad if need, thanks for now!

Paul977 said:

Hi all,

I'm searching a wad I played on 2008-2009 of which I don't remember the name. The things I remember are the following:

-The wad had an history
-The main villain of the wad was a Cyberdemon (with a name) that you fight like 2-3 times before the final battle vs his modified version (hard battle I remember).
-Before the first fight vs that Cyberdemon he kills a marine friend of yours, oneshotting him.
-The above marine drop your first plasmagun.
-On the first level you have to fight an Hellknight in a narrow room with the shotgun
-The wad used psx music tracks
-The wad used texts (dialogue with your marine friend or with the Cyberdemon before the battle)
-The boss before the final boss was a modified Spider Mastermind which could levitate and shoot missiles

There are other details which can help to find the name of that wad if need, thanks for now!

Could it possibly be Claustrophobia: The Walls Close In?

I'm looking for a good SS firing rotation fix wad. I've heard of one call "WolfSSFiringRotations.wad", but it doesn’t exist any more, and I have no idea how good it is/was.