Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking for a Pokemon Doom wad I played when I was in Elementary school. It's not the most recent one. This one had the original Pokemon anime title screen as the title screen. The status bar had Ash Ketchum's face. The pistol was a pokeball and I think the plasma gun may have been the Master ball or something like that. There were 2 new levels. They were recreations of the gameboy Pokemon areas. you started in ash's house and when you went outside the zombies are the towns people. You exited the first level by going into the tall grass like you did in the gameboy games. The 2nd level was I believe the area past the tall grass. Before anyone says I'm making this up or this wad never existed,it did. I remembered downloading it. Problem is I believe the site is dead now. I don't know if anyone remembers it or not but I'd love to play it again.

That's definitely it. I can't figure out though why the new weapons aren't showing up though. I tried installing it and that doesen't seem to do anything either.

The wad PKSPRNEW lacks start markers for sprites and flats, which might confuse some modern ports, like Zandronum, and make them not display the sprites. I've slightly edited the wad to add the markers, here it is: http://www.filedropper.com/pksprnew If you launch this wad together with PKMNLEVL, everything should work properly in any port that supports custom sprites - this wad will not work in the vanilla Doom executable, though.

Ok now i'm looking for 2 other wads. One is called either Gangster doom or Ghetto doom. There were new levels and the pistol was either replaced with double pistols or a pistol being held sideways. The music I believe was all by Coolio. If i remember correctly the face was changed but i don't remember in what way. The last place i found this wad was on the goldeneye doom website which i believe is now dead. The music that played on the first level was either Gangster's paradise or I'll see you when you get there. I think there may have been new enemies I can't remember for sure. I'd love to play it again though.

Ribbiks said:

Downloaded that myself and had a peek at a couple of things. Holy smokes, he sure made a lot of creative things! (I've still only ever played ONE gggmork map, and that was his Monochrome Mapping Project entry)

I particularly liked his (seemingly unfinished?) mapset of making all the Doom levels about 4 times bigger. Somebody should finish that one off, it's an awesome idea....

Hey there! So I've got a challenging old Wad to find.

It was a Beavis & Butthead wad that added sounds and replacement graphics, no new levels. I remember playing it with Doom 2.

I want to say the Former Humans were replaced with Mr Van Driessen and imps were Beavis?

The main thing I want to locate is the launcher, i believe it was named "bnb.com' and had a 3d spinning "bit brothers" or "byte brothers" or something like that. I have found on /Idgames another Beavis & Butthead wad that contained bnb.exe,.. but it's not what I remember.

I hope this triggers a memory in someone else who might have this file!

Thanks for any help!

I've tracked it down but I can't find the file anywhere on the net.

The zip file was named bb4doom.zip, and was originally located at:
http://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/themes/bnb/bb4doom.zip

Unfortunately no archive I have found of ftp.cdrom even contain themes/bnb ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how I have found the above info:

BYTEBROTHERS made X-Mas nightmare, and in the README!.txt file is this:

ALSO AVAILABLE from BYTEBROTHERS
================================
BB4DOOM - Beavis & Butthead for DOOM I & II!

Ok, so it was called BB4DOOM. The only google search I could find is this old archived page.

http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/8173/DooM.htm

which links to:

http://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/themes/bnb/bb4doom.zip

hey guys. i'm looking for a pretty unique wad. it was the first entry in a series of game mods, each for a different game. one of the other entries was based on quake 2 engine (i think) and was standalone, another one was a doom 3 mod. they were all shared on one website. the whole series was very 'artsy', with more emphasis on the story rather than action.
the wad in question was a single level, techbase-themed wad. if i recall correctly, the weapons and monsters were replaced and the hud was very minimal. the player was guided by messages appearing on the screen, similar to "someplace else" or "minerva metastasis" mods for half-life and hl2, respectively. the whole wad had a very "marathon"-esque vibe.
thanks in advance.

EDIT: nevermind, found it. it's called "barista".

I am looking for the actual tnt2_demo_11b.wad, I can't find it anywhere anymore. All I found was tnt2_demo_11c.wad, still called tnt2_demo_11b.wad, but that's not the same thing. There were different maps in the older version.

I found a wad a few months ago on Idgames which was about using the BFG skillfully and learning how to master it. I bookmark wad download pages that interest me, but don't download them otherwise I would have too many wads to play. I remember bookmarking this, so if its the right one, I will know.

I'm looking for a heretic map which was made by somebody I used to chat with on IRC. I can't remember who. It was set in a city, which was partially submerged in lava. The lava level went up and down. it was probably for vanilla heretic

I'm looking for a WAD that was in Maximum Doom that had really gaudy horrible MSPaint like textures and some weird sound replacements and a weird name that was a bunch of vowels or something.

On 9/2/2012 at 5:09 AM, gruntkiller4000 said:

mod edit: This is the thread to ask about specific pwads that you remember (e.g. you played them years ago or have heard/seen information about them) but can't locate. Maybe you can't remember the name, or searching based on what you remember has not proved successful. Give us much specific information as you can to help identify the wad, and maybe someone will be able to assist you.

Do not use this thread to ask for warez, or wads that can't legally be distributed.

Do not make general requests for certain types of maps (e.g. a map with lots of cyberdemons). These should be made in other threads and will be removed from this one.

Now back to the original post:
------------------------------------------------------------

Do you people know where this custom doom map can be found. I seem to have played it 3 or 4 years ago but I can't remember what it's name was. I think I have lost the file ages ago. But I do remember some parts of the map. This is what the map included:
- I think the story was about an experiment that went wrong.
- It involves major laboratory scenes as well as some outdoor too.
- It included totally different monster/weapon sprites.
- The player started (I think) inside a garage-like room then into an open yard.
- There was at some points a 3D-model Imp with no animations apart from trying to attack the player, and a 3D-model guy (I think he was red). It will explode when he touches the player.
- The sky was clear blue.
- The mod was for ZDoom.
- This also involved major ZDoom features like 3d-floors and slopes.

Could you please identify this zdoom maps because it's almost impossible for me to find one on the Internet without knowing it's name! Thanks!

I realy want this map pack wad i dont remember his name is this the wad that Terminus are playing with dragon Doom

On 30/12/2016 at 11:06 PM, QuirkyKirk said:

I have no idea where this is, but I saw a video of a mod of Plutonia, where EVERY enemy is a revenant. 

You wouldn't need to modify Plutonia very much to get this result....:)

There was once a WAD I saw a video of a few years ago, and I've been looking for it since.

• I think it was from mid to late game in a megawad.
  • It was a slaughtermap. with hundreds of enemies and plenty of BFG ammo and whatnot.
  • The level mostly took place in a canyon.
  • If I remember correctly, the music was from Metroid.
  • At one point, a canyon wall lowers and a sea of hundreds of cacodemons emerge.

I'm looking for a deathmatch map in the early days of ZDoom.  It was a space-ship or space station. The map was all low gravity, and I remember a phased lighting sequence to simulate rotating beacons on the floor.  I remember it was a little bit of a to-do when it was released, but I can't remember the name or author for the life of me.

Trying to find some Quake1-like architecture wads. I know for Dimension of the Boomed (its still unfinished) and Ultimate Torment and Torture.

Look for stuff by Bryant and Kevin Robinson; they made a few Quake/Quake-II themed maps for ZDoomGL and Vavoom. (All should play fine in modern GZDoom.)