Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I. Like. Shotguns.

so as a result

Must. Know. What. Mod. This. Is. From....

puv9UeD.png

It was a levelset with a very wonderland theming and/or archetexture, IIRC there was 1 sequel and they were posted or was made for skulltag due to some weird effects. It was an sp mod for an mp port iirc.

the one thing i cant escape tho is iirc the first level had this modtracker song that had been in my head for over a decade. https://www.dropbox.com/s/81av1er2d69dl0r/asdfedfe.mp3?dl=0 here's a link to me whistling the beat of the song (sorry for the bad quality, wasnt done on my recording mic!) but like, i gotta listen to this song or find this wad cause hell ive been trying to find it for YEARS to no avail. please help!

Context: Lost my massive WAD collection with a Hard Drive failure a few years back. Getting back into Doom and custom maps recently, I've been wanting to find one custom map in particular I had a good deal of fun cooping with friends. Don't know the name, but can describe its characteristics. I believe I got it from the Doomworld WAD directory.

Key points of the map:

• Doom 2
  • The map itself was huge. By huge I don't mean it went on and on for a long time (like Foursite) but rather consisted primarily of a massive room with multiple sections and areas within that would contain extra monsters, items, etc. From my memory you could run and run and run from one end of the map to the other. You did, however, start in a smaller room with a bunch of weapons and items, from which (I believe) you then teleported from (or took an elevator from) to the larger area.
  • The map was a slaughter style map, by which I mean extreme numbers of monsters and large quantities of ammo and weapons to dispatch them with. 
  • The map was very, very blue and gray. No lava or any Hell textures. Purely a UAC high-tech facility style of a map.
  • Areas of the map include (from my recollection):
    • a maze-like area that you could run around, but there were powerups within. Lots of imps on top of the maze and around it.
    • a Spider Mastermind trapped within a section of walls with spacing too small for it to fit through (though you could with ease).
    • a crap ton of SS guards around where you enter into the huge room.
    • several upper-levels to the map, such as walkways or high-rise buildings within the huge room. 

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions or help I can get. Many thanks in advance! 

--

This map is like an ear-worm for me. Like "Are You Ready For This" style, which was stuck in my head for years before I found it. :P 

Edited by The Skull

Hey guys.

I searching a Mod for a very very long time.

i was only 4-5-6 years old when i played this. (****in seriously)

The maps are the original doom 2.
2 weapons changed. the machine gun was changed to a "black" UZI (totally like drawed with paint), and the plasma gun was changed to a Flame Thrower (same black, like drawed with paint.)
The soundtracks are totally changed. the first level music was the Beverly hill Cop's Theme song, and i remember one of the first 5 level's soundtrack was the "God rest ye merry gentleman."
In visual i only remember the hanged commander keen (the yellow football helmet boy)
the pistols shooting sound was changed too. it was a bit deeper and a bit echoing shooting sound.

when you find it with this information, you bring back my childhood and my happines ( i dont find it in 16 years :( )

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Atiskamo

Looking for a wad from the old days. You started off in a little brown brick passageway with an animated "lightning bolt" door, and it was a fairly large map with a good number of monsters. There was an area in the map with blue carpet and - I think - hell knights trapped behind a lightning bolt texture. I think there were a few other custom textures too, and the background MIDI was "What is Love" by Haddaway. I know this isn't much to go off, but I'd love to check this out again!

I've played a 1996 WAD recently, but I can't find it anymore in my WAD collection.

It had 4 levels. All were focused on really, really huge spaces.

MAP04 had was literally 10000 units tall (and it had a lift...), the wall textures around were SILVER3, IIRC.

MAP01 had lots of cacodemons and some bridges above water.

I liked the WAD, and left a rating on /idgames. Damn, I shouldn't forget things like this yet...

LATE EDIT

Edited by bzzrak

Im Looking for a WAD that has the Mother Demon at the end of the map with a custom weapon to kill it. I cant remember the name of the wad for the life of me. It was a big map and very fun to play through.

Someone made megawad for risen3d not long ago and I can't remember name of it. Maybe someone can help me?

2 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Someone made megawad for risen3d not long ago and I can't remember name of it. Maybe someone can help me?

UAC Dragon Sector. There's a link on the R3D page.

In the Metadoom "Thankyou" trailer. 

There are several wads that I do not recognise and would like to find and download, at the times 0:34, 0:38, 0:40, 0:45, and 0:53-0:57.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:52 PM, HyperLuke said:

In the Metadoom "Thankyou" trailer. 

There are several wads that I do not recognise and would like to find and download, at the times 0:34, 0:38, 0:40, 0:45, and 0:53-0:57.

Pretty sure those are all stock Doom and Doom 2 levels.

2 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Pretty sure those are all stock Doom and Doom 2 levels.

I don't think so, I've played Doom 1 and 2's levels several times, and especially in the cases of 0:34 and 0:38, they look nothing like stock levels, they are user made wads.

I'm not sure where else to ask this and it doesn't seem worth making its own thread just to ask. I downloaded Perdition's Gate, and it includes both PG-RAW.WAD and PG-RAW-X.WAD. Am I supposed to load both of them or is there a particular one I should use? The documentation included doesn't seem to explain these wads' contents.

Just now, HyperLuke said:

I don't think so, I've played Doom 1 and 2's levels several times, and especially in the cases of 0:34 and 0:38, they look nothing like stock levels, they are user made wads.

0:34 is supposed to be that elevator sequence, right? That is definitely from one of the games.

1 hour ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Yeah E1M2

Screenshot_Doom_20170424_234137.png

Umm, I mean the ones at the times that I specified. Not ALL the wads in the video. Yes I can see that is E1M2. I didn't ask for the wad name at that part of the video.

5 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

0:38 looks like a map04 remake. Probably Ultimate Doom 2 or something 

Yep, just skipped to map04 of Ultimate Doom 2, that's it. Downloaded that wad 2 years ago, played the first to maps and got bored for some reason. Thanks. That helps a bit. Is Ultimate Doom 2 still being worked on? It's been a while as far as I know since there's been an update.

4 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I'm not sure where else to ask this and it doesn't seem worth making its own thread just to ask. I downloaded Perdition's Gate, and it includes both PG-RAW.WAD and PG-RAW-X.WAD. Am I supposed to load both of them or is there a particular one I should use? The documentation included doesn't seem to explain these wads' contents.

You can use either one. The only difference between both is that PG-RAW-X contains a lump named F_END, which is a flat with the Wraith logo, before the FF_END lump. That's all. This flat is not actually used in any map (it would be hard, since that name is the flat end marker, so the game wouldn't even be able to find it if you tried using it anyway).

Why are there two files then? Technical reasons because of how deusf works. Perdition's Gate had a "min" and a "max" install, with min install they just copied pg-raw-x.wad and renamed it perdgate.wad and ran Doom II with it. With max install it made a backup copy of doom2.wad as doom2saf.wad, and used deusf to merge pg-gate-raw.wad into doom2.wad.

The whole scheme made more sense for Hell To Pay which is where deusf was really needed as it contained replacement sprites.

5 hours ago, HyperLuke said:

Umm, I mean the ones at the times that I specified. Not ALL the wads in the video. Yes I can see that is E1M2. I didn't ask for the wad name at that part of the video.

When I skip to 0:34 I see the elevator in E1M2, I asked if that was it, was it supposed to be the room that appears before that?

0:34 just before the elevator is NRFTL MAP01. Dunno about the others.

There was a map in Maximum Doom that used to trigger the Savegame buffer overflow on Doom95 can anyone remember which one it was? The only other notable feature from that map i can remember is there was an encounter with a load of pinkies acting as a meat shield for an Archvile.

Being meaning to find this map again for years now...

Don't know where to post it, so i thought this would be a good place to start.

I came along a disk with about 1000 old wad files for Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Decent and Dark Forces i believe. The disk is called "The Doomsday Disk" and was created by MMM (Multi Media Machine) ltd. The disk was released in 1995 and only contains wad files from 1994 and 1995. I only could find one person mentioning it in this topic.

Two questions, could it be i posses content thats somewhat rare? Second, if some of the content seems unique where should i drop it?