Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I've been recently looking for this HUD but I didn't found anything, and I don't know if it's a PWAD HUD or a source-port specific HUD.

Plutonia-map32-start.png

It's the PrBoom+ HUD. There are a few variants of it because you can customize it to some extent.

7 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Does anybody have the first release of brutal doom 64? Brutal doom 64 v1

http://files.robloach.net/lutris/BD64v1.zip

I'm trying to find a WAD which contains a map (probably one of the first ones) that depicts an open area, and the sky's texture looks like it came from a painted balloon. https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/painted-colorful-balloon-19675400.jpg

Funny thing is that the map's "Player start" Thing is located inside a chemical toilet or something similar.

14 hours ago, NecroticBlossoms said:

I'm trying to find a WAD which contains a map (probably one of the first ones) that depicts an open area, and the sky's texture looks like it came from a painted balloon. https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/painted-colorful-balloon-19675400.jpg

Funny thing is that the map's "Player start" Thing is located inside a chemical toilet or something similar.

Bloody Steel Map08.

I'm looking for a map. I remember nothing about it, but I clearly remember the txt file accompanying the level had a fun poem in it.

It had the verses:

"The BFG in my hand / the best weapon on the land" plus other I don't remember.

Do anyone know which wad was it?

I played a map, a large techbase map that ended with the player climbing up a red nuclear reactor type room. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I'd like to revisit it at some point if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

On 8/26/2016 at 3:45 PM, uhbooh said:

Okay i'm looking for 2 wads

First one had 2 maps, weird custom texture that looked like honeycomb with some kind of red thing hanging on it. Lots of corridors and mazes in the first level.

Second one was a square arena filled with green marble columns, it had an exit room with crushers on the ceiling and lots of secrets.

I'm "bumping" my old post in this thread that had no reply. I found the second wad but still searching for the first.

There is such a man Paranormal Reality
Https://plus.google.com/u/0/116529188067073727867

He somehow put out a very interesting fashion Onslaught
Https://censoringlife.blogspot.ru/2012/10/my-new-video-game-onslaught-finally.html

I shook it in 2015. Now I can not find this mod on my computer. I can not also download it because Google can not find anything.

Help please find this mod. He is very cool

Since installing the most recent version of the Doomsday port with my 5.1 headphones, I've been playing through some of my favorite old megawads (Alien Vendetta, the BTSX episodes, etc.) and I'm trying to find one I really enjoyed, but whose name I can't remember. I know it was for limit-removing ports (I played it back then using Risen3D), used mostly stock Doom textures and sounds, and had great architecture. The thing I remember most is that every level's exit was a teleporter in a sort of circular pit. I'm afraid that's all I can remember about it now - I can't even remember if it was for Doom II or Ultimate Doom.

Hopefully this will ring a bell for somebody. If so, thanks a bunch!

On 4/17/2017 at 5:22 PM, BlackxZodiac13 said:

Im Looking for a WAD that has the Mother Demon at the end of the map with a custom weapon to kill it. I cant remember the name of the wad for the life of me. It was a big map and very fun to play through.

Bumping this because I've had no luck finding it. The custom gun is a plamasa rifle with red plasma balls. The mother demon shot mancubus fireballs rapidly. The fight takes place in a tech room with four pillars. It's also a single map wad. Any help would be great.

I remember playing a level towards the back end of a megawad. Maybe 21-29. The map was a long rising 'staircase' which switched back on itself and you could jump down into the Lava surrounding at pretty much any point. Nearer the top it became covered like a tunnel still with stairs and each tunnel had revenants and hellknights that teleported in or came out of hidden doors. A bit similar to the end of doom 2 map 29 leading up the exit but it carried on for about 500 steps. Finally at the top I'm pretty sure there was a key then you had to go all the way back down to complete the level. Sorry not much to go on but this has been bugging me for weeks. I can't find the level anywhere

34 minutes ago, Arto91 said:

I remember playing a level towards the back end of a megawad. Maybe 21-29. The map was a long rising 'staircase' which switched back on itself and you could jump down into the Lava surrounding at pretty much any point. Nearer the top it became covered like a tunnel still with stairs and each tunnel had revenants and hellknights that teleported in or came out of hidden doors. A bit similar to the end of doom 2 map 29 leading up the exit but it carried on for about 500 steps. Finally at the top I'm pretty sure there was a key then you had to go all the way back down to complete the level. Sorry not much to go on but this has been bugging me for weeks. I can't find the level anywhere

We need more information to help you , do you remember when you played the wad ? Since new megawads  are coming out recently we can narrow them down easily 

It was at least 5 years ago. I have a feeling it's from hell revealed/alien vendetta era. The map is a bit buggy as I remember getting stuck when a void pit or whatever they are called failed to rise in a narrow tunnel. I could probably draw the exact automap view from memory

@Arto91 I am certain you are speaking of Misri Halek (AV map20).

sMw7Vjt.png

2 hours ago, Arto91 said:

I have a feeling it's from hell revealed/alien vendetta era

Seems you are 90% of the way there yourself!

8 hours ago, RjY said:

@Arto91 

Seems you are 90% of the way there yourself!

Seems I really was. Actually looked at this on automap the other day and didn't even recognise it at the time as I had completely forgotten the rest of the map existed. Yes you are right though thanks

What's the one where they were remaking plutonia/tnt?  They wanted people not to remake the levels but the overall themes/match them to the original level designers.  Used to be at the top of wads/mods, maybe the project tanked.

2 hours ago, invictius said:

What's the one where they were remaking plutonia/tnt?  They wanted people not to remake the levels but the overall themes/match them to the original level designers.  Used to be at the top of wads/mods, maybe the project tanked.

Final DTWID?