Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Does "Better Weapons Cleric" (if I'm recalling the title correctly) for Hexen still exist anywhere?  All I really recall about it was the text file which had an amusing rant about how the cleric's default weapons were all "Satanic".  I guess it was a pretty simple weapons mod beyond that, along the line of the old NOSATAN.WAD for Doom.

I thought it was on idgames, but no luck.  I'm either recalling the name/etc. wrong or it got removed for some reason or maybe it always was hosted somewhere else?

Hi guys! I played a wad in Zandronum coop but now I can´t remember the name. 
It was a map with a enormous "open world", full of demons, the walls were green and when you entered in a demonic building and pushed a button you opened a new area in this "open world". 
It was full of teleports that took you from one place to another.

It was similar more or less to the map "E2M8: Tower of Babel" (when I say "open World").

Any idea?

maxresdefault.jpg

I played recently in a zandronum canadian server with some insane huge maps, i'm looking for that one, or a wad like this, to play with the 64 nostalgic sound effects.

Outdoors (mars-) landscapes maybe even vehicles

and sequences and lots of friendly sprites aswell? 

Some 10-ish years ago I remember playing a small mapset (probably 5 maps or so; could be 6) in a temple ruins setting.  I don't recall the use of custom terxtures; I believe there were none.  I remember one of the maps (methinks it was the third one...?) showed a good use of Rock1-3 textures.  Mostly outdoors.  That's all I can remember.

Thank you Grazza, but sadly none of these are it.  I do love ruinbros, though, played it years ago.  The one I'm looking for, all maps run a brightsky (either Doom 2's sky1 or Plutonia's, can't remember) and all maps run a stone/brick theme.

I know this is vague as all hell, but I remember a .wad that I greatly enjoyed... but the only detail I remember is that one of the maps had a midi version of Blur's Song 2 as the music, and that it was probably some sort of community project. Anyone have any idea what this wad's name is?

video for reference

Hi, Doomworld folks.
A long-time lurker here, but I saw this thread recently, and I suddenly got my faded memory back on one of my earliest PWAD I have, and so that's how I decided to register to DW, and perhaps going active on the forum.

----

Anyhow...

I already forgot much about the PWAD I was talking about, but here's what I can recall:

- Since it was one of my earliest PWAD I have (about 10 or 9 years ago) and it's compatible with Vanilla Doom, I'm pretty sure it's an old PWAD.
- It's a full 32-map pack for DOOM 2 with different musics for each map.

- MAP28's music is CANYON.MID
- MAP31's take place in sort of hellish series of alcove, and it's music has a Phil Collins' Take Me Home vibe on it (not sure if it's actually MIDI rendition of the song)

- One of the maps is take place in some sort of giant library

If anyone knows what PWAD is it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

I can't remember who made it but basically it's that Doom 2 level where all 32 maps of Doom II are in one, singular level.

anyone remember any wads from one of the Demon Gate CDs from the mid 90s that had the midi of Meat Puppets' "Backwater" on it?  I remember that sticking with me back when i first played it and thought it was so cool that a song from the radio was in Doom. lol  i was probably 14 or 15 and new to the whole doom wad thing so i was easily amused!

Edited by mjf6866

1. A few authors were working on a series of Heretic Speed maps before Danarchy hosted his own speed map sessions. They had their own website but I am unsure if the maps were released anywhere though.

2. Dutch Devil and a few other mappers were working on remaking Doom 1 with more detail. I think they had their own website as well but I don't remember.

4 hours ago, mjf6866 said:

anyone remember any wads from one of the Demon Gate CDs from the mid 90s that had the midi of Meat Puppets' "Backwater" on it?  I remember that sticking with me back when i first played it and thought it was so cool that a song from the radio was in Doom. lol  i was probably 14 or 15 and new to the whole doom wad thing so i was easily amused!

I don't remember that specifically, but I do remember a level on Demon Gate that was a tech level with large Anime Girl character on the walls or something...and then just little memories here and there. I found Demon Gate at the thrift store a few years ago, and haven't gotten it to work on my Windows 10 PC...but maybe if I do I can help look for it.

EDIT: Ok, I found it and actually was able to just move all the wads over...but of course I think they are all mixed (Doom/Doom2) ... but I'll poke around and see if I can find anything.

EDIT#2 ... Ok, so they are divided into 1 and 2 separately folders...Do you remember if it was 1 or 2?

EDIT#3...So the wad "WARS" had a song that ALMOST sounded like it at first...but not quite.

EDIT#4...ok I'll stop with the pointless edits... but the map "UNDERSEA" uses Maniac from Flashdance...

EDIT FINAL: OK, After messing around a bit, I do believe I found it for you mjf. "CHEESE.WAD" 

Edited by MegaZzZeux

12 hours ago, MegaZzZeux said:

I don't remember that specifically, but I do remember a level on Demon Gate that was a tech level with large Anime Girl character on the walls or something...and then just little memories here and there. I found Demon Gate at the thrift store a few years ago, and haven't gotten it to work on my Windows 10 PC...but maybe if I do I can help look for it.

EDIT: Ok, I found it and actually was able to just move all the wads over...but of course I think they are all mixed (Doom/Doom2) ... but I'll poke around and see if I can find anything.

EDIT#2 ... Ok, so they are divided into 1 and 2 separately folders...Do you remember if it was 1 or 2?

EDIT#3...So the wad "WARS" had a song that ALMOST sounded like it at first...but not quite.

EDIT#4...ok I'll stop with the pointless edits... but the map "UNDERSEA" uses Maniac from Flashdance...

EDIT FINAL: OK, After messing around a bit, I do believe I found it for you mjf. "CHEESE.WAD" 

wow, awesome!  that was a quick find in a sea of wads lol...i'll have to play it again and relive being 15 years old again!

Thanks for finding it :)

I remember an old terry-trap-like wad where was a cutscene - doomguy goes outdoors from the home and dies by the accident "lance" from the ground with a agressive music. Aquarius199 did a video with this wad, but in the "Double feature wads" video. There are too many "2/4/100500 Terry-Trap feature" videos on his channel. It's too hard to find this wad.

Could someone remind me the name of this mod, please? Thanks.

UPD: It was the Turbo Charged Arcade, heh.

Edited by DeXiaZ : Found it. Turbo Charged Arcade

I feel foolish for posting this, but I can't find a certain map in alien vendetta.  It had a large room with arachnotrons on the outside and some hell knights.  I was sure it was map 20, the pyramid one, but there are only a couple of arachnotrons in the entire map.  I remember a good 8-12.

Hello! :D

I posted this on the Doom Reddit, but someone suggested I post it here:

I remember this fun WAD from around the mid-2000s that had a particular style about it, kind of like Destination Unknown (Another WAD I had almost forgotten about, were it not for the fact I remembered that it had a ski-slope-style level and a speed-race-style level.) It was used a few times for deathmatch during the days of Skulltag before it faded away.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of this WAD. I can only remember two levels:

One level was based on the 1980s game "The Sentinel", which had a wireframe design on a grid, with some slopes and very harsh colors, which for this version was blue, green, white, and black. It also had this droning electronic square-wave buzzing noise, like something out of the movie TRON.

The other level was like Frogger in reverse. You were on top of cars (I think one was a double-decker bus) on a highway, with a scrolling ground mimicking movement, where you could jump from car to car, and if you fell off onto the highway, you'd instantly die. [Addendum: It also had this cheery "Sunday-drive" style music that got annoying after a while. XD]

There is more to this WAD, but like I said, I can't remember the name of it [or the rest of the levels], and I'd like to be able to find it, because it was such a fun DM levelpack.

So there was a "MyHouse.wad" or "MyHome.wad" From 94-95, but it had decent detail (from what I can remember), it was darkish, a decent sized map, and had stairs leading up to the house. I've checked around the archives and such for it, but cannot quite find it.

Also I remember a "Moon.wad", started outside, and I'm pretty sure there was FIREBLU used kind of heavily...

Posting these due to their generic-as-hell names, and maybe someone has seen them in their lives.

1 hour ago, Error-404 said:

I vaguely remember seeing a wad called "Fistful of Doom" or something along those lines in a YouTube video. It was cowboy themed?

Yes, it was. You have the correct name and correct wad.

It's been a while, so I might not have the details exactly right, but I remember a room with a cage in the middle of it.  You had to go into the cage to pick up a key, but once you did, the cage sealed itself off and some monsters started to spawn into the room.  The only way to get out was to shoot a switch outside of the cage.  IIRC, you couldn't hit the switch with the shotgun (or at least it was very difficult to do so), so you had to use the pistol (I can't remember if the chaingun was available at the time).  Does this ring a bell for anyone?