• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 2/3/2018 at 3:43 PM, T-Squared said:

Hello! :D

I posted this on the Doom Reddit, but someone suggested I post it here:

I remember this fun WAD from around the mid-2000s that had a particular style about it, kind of like Destination Unknown (Another WAD I had almost forgotten about, were it not for the fact I remembered that it had a ski-slope-style level and a speed-race-style level.) It was used a few times for deathmatch during the days of Skulltag before it faded away.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of this WAD. I can only remember two levels:

One level was based on the 1980s game "The Sentinel", which had a wireframe design on a grid, with some slopes and very harsh colors, which for this version was blue, green, white, and black. It also had this droning electronic square-wave buzzing noise, like something out of the movie TRON.

The other level was like Frogger in reverse. You were on top of cars (I think one was a double-decker bus) on a highway, with a scrolling ground mimicking movement, where you could jump from car to car, and if you fell off onto the highway, you'd instantly die. [Addendum: It also had this cheery "Sunday-drive" style music that got annoying after a while. XD]

There is more to this WAD, but like I said, I can't remember the name of it [or the rest of the levels], and I'd like to be able to find it, because it was such a fun DM levelpack.

I FOUND IT!

Does anyone remember The Nutty Wad and its sequel, Nutty II?

Nutty II is the one I was looking for!

The levels I described were MAP09: Autobahn, and MAP18: Sentinel Returns!

Edited by T-Squared

15 hours ago, Error-404 said:

Anyone know where to find Marine Doom?

Uh,if this is what you are looking for,then here(its a fairly easy search :P)

5 hours ago, Catpho said:

Uh,if this is what you are looking for,then here(its a fairly easy search :P)

Ah, thanks! My search didn't turn up anything. Guess I'm just dumb

i'm looking for a gggmork wad with copy-pasta style art experiments.  it had multiple maps, and they might not've had exits.  morkart.wad or gggart.wad or something, i can't remember.

8 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

i'm looking for a gggmork wad with copy-pasta style art experiments.  it had multiple maps, and they might not've had exits.  morkart.wad or gggart.wad or something, i can't remember.

Here (its "ggg12unfin",look for link in thread)

Does anyone still have axis.wad?

Edit:looks like i solved my own question,it maybe here

Edited by Catpho

16 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

bingo!  i actually clicked on fffart first because that name rang a bell, but you are right, it's ggg12unfin.  thanks a ton.

I love "weird concept" wads!  You might want to try Crapi because it has a river ride, fighting cybers with hills that knock you around like a pinball machine... https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/a-c/crapirc5

Anyone else got any experimental wads?

This is more like a specific mod question but: Is there anything for G/ZDoom which makes the crosshair behave like in PRBoom+/Eternity where it is able to change colour when targetting enemies? I asked on the ZDoom forums but got no reply. Such a thing must be possible.

Hi,I remember seeing an Icon of Sin fight,probably part of a Megawad,where the boss summons a lot of enemies and later the CyberDemon and the Spider Mastermind,and after you beat it,you're given a choice to either destroy it or enter inside the brain (which I didn't see.)

He had a new set of sprites that are less mechanical and more fiendish.

Where do I find it?

On 6/12/2012 at 3:15 AM, Touchdown said:

That thread reminded me that a friend of mine has been looking for years for an old silly mod that replaced sprites / sounds, had a couple new maps. Some of the "features" I remember:

* BFG was a chicken that fired eggs.
* Rocket Launcher was on the side of the screen as if you were holding it on your arm, I think it also had a huge crosshair.

That's Mr. Smiley Head's Safari. Has he really been looking for years? i found it with a 5 second google search

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/d3safv60

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mr-smiley-heads-safari-ii/downloads

What are some wads where completion of the map requires killing an enemy (no romero's head or doom 1 wads)?  I don't think I've seen this used before.

2 minutes ago, invictius said:

What are some wads where completion of the map requires killing an enemy (no romero's head or doom 1 wads)?  I don't think I've seen this used before.

Almost all ZDoom centric WADs have such features in them to greater or lesser extent. If you want some of the latest have a look at "Shadows of the nightmare realm" which features a unique boss map.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also Valiant made by skillsaw, which has a "super archvile" as the final boss. Kill it, and you win.

18 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Almost all ZDoom centric WADs have such features in them to greater or lesser extent. If you want some of the latest have a look at "Shadows of the nightmare realm" which features a unique boss map.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also Valiant made by skillsaw, which has a "super archvile" as the final boss. Kill it, and you win.

Map without any monsters, not even a romero head?

24 minutes ago, invictius said:

Map without any monsters, not even a romero head?

@invictius,read the first post.This is not a place for general request of wads.

I can't remember much about this one, the levels are quite short and it was made by a 10 year old?  Or someone quite young... I thought it was vile core or vile flesh for some reason but the text files don't back it up.

On 25.02.2018 at 1:17 AM, FraxGamer314 said:

Hi,I remember seeing an Icon of Sin fight,probably part of a Megawad,where the boss summons a lot of enemies and later the CyberDemon and the Spider Mastermind,and after you beat it,you're given a choice to either destroy it or enter inside the brain (which I didn't see.)

Demons of Problematique 2

On 2/27/2018 at 1:51 AM, Nine Inch Heels said:

"The given" by Dobu Gabu Maru. All puzzles...

That makes my 1070 slow to a crawl (at 4k) :o

I do remember a ZDoom wad that I played a while ago. Actually, it was a full package, with weapon skins/SFX and new enemies.

I do remember the story, however: After the Third Reich was presumably destroyed, rumor had it that the remnants have fled to a series of underground tunnels, and are planning to resurrect Hitler with the Dark Arts, using his remains as a base. BJ Blazkowiz finds these tunnels in an investigation, and finds that the soldiers there are willing to shoot through whoever's in front to get to him.

Most of the levels were made in SLIGE, while the Boss and Icon levels are custom made. I would presume the secret levels have changed too, since I don't remember encountering them.

(I apologize for being a little long winded there)

3 hours ago, Zero Senki said:

I do remember a ZDoom wad that I played a while ago. Actually, it was a full package, with weapon skins/SFX and new enemies.

I do remember the story, however: After the Third Reich was presumably destroyed, rumor had it that the remnants have fled to a series of underground tunnels, and are planning to resurrect Hitler with the Dark Arts, using his remains as a base. BJ Blazkowiz finds these tunnels in an investigation, and finds that the soldiers there are willing to shoot through whoever's in front to get to him.

Most of the levels were made in SLIGE, while the Boss and Icon levels are custom made. I would presume the secret levels have changed too, since I don't remember encountering them.

(I apologize for being a little long winded there)

Story doesnt sound like it, but maybe this?

I remember playing a WAD that worked under the idea of "what if Doom 3 had been released in the 90s?". It had dynamic lighting and scripting, so I'm guessing it was for GZDoom.

23 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I remember playing a WAD that worked under the idea of "what if Doom 3 had been released in the 90s?". It had dynamic lighting and scripting, so I'm guessing it was for GZDoom.

Sounds vague to me, but this?

Also, congrats 600 posts :)