Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

1 hour ago, MEZesUBI said:

UPDATE #1: I found the first one, it's DOOM:ONE.

UPDATE #2: I think I sort-of found the second one, I think it's simply part of SGtMarkIV's Brutal Doom Mod

Hey!

I had some Enhancement map packs on my hard drive which recently died. So basically I'm looking for two map packs.

The second one:

- For Doom 2

- Enhanced the original levels with additional areas, added more monsters, was just great for brutal doom.

- I do not remember whether the levels were linked together or not

- E1M1 of Doom2 was doubled-tripled in size, I believe there was a heli-pad too, behind a hangar-room with 2 elevators. There were some Cacodemons, Hell Knights. The original long corridor towards the last area had additional branches with items and enemies.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This sounds kind of like Mr. Chris's Maps of Chaos, which was meant to complement Brutal Doom

Does anyone have a copy of my old cleanrender.pk3 for ZDoom? It disables decals and translucency for things that didn't originally have them, makes ZDoom-based ports look less...ZDoom. My old host is down and I don't feel like digging through my backups if I don't have to.

Another possibly long shot request but I'm looking to fill in the missing levels of Martin E. Ferris' "Castle of Combat" episode if anyone happens to have copies lying around.  The missing installments would be #4, #5, and #8, although I'm not certain that #8 actually existed (there is some evidence for #4 and #5 having existed here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/at.fido.newsoft/PYC0M5tgQd4)

The file names would likely be c_o_c_#.zip or castle#.wad.

As for the others in the series, four already made it to idgames:

#2 https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/heretic/a-c/castle2

#6 https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/heretic/a-c/amazing

#7 https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/heretic/a-c/castle7

#9 https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/heretic/a-c/castle9

#1 and #3 I recently found on shareware compilation CDs and will be sending idgames-ward soonish.

17 hours ago, Dragonsbrethren said:

Does anyone have a copy of my old cleanrender.pk3 for ZDoom? It disables decals and translucency for things that didn't originally have them, makes ZDoom-based ports look less...ZDoom. My old host is down and I don't feel like digging through my backups if I don't have to.

15 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

It seems this is more recent version:

cleanrender.zip

Hello.

I am looking for a wad (obviously).

So, I can not really remember much about this wad, only that it had "revenge of" in it's full name and that it had kickass intermission music. Also, I specifically remember that intermission screen was showing either a star cluster or a nova exploding (my memory about this wad is very foggy, sorry).

@Black_Sesame

Would it be revenge of the 90's by Doomkid? If so, great wad and can be found at Doomwrld/idgames. Sorry for not posting link, I'm very bad at that. Cheers!

On 6/11/2018 at 9:51 AM, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Another possibly long shot request but I'm looking to fill in the missing levels of Martin E. Ferris' "Castle of Combat" episode if anyone happens to have copies lying around.

I just found the backup disk with the levels. I've also included c_o_c_7.zip and c_o_c_9.zip because the WADs on idgames are modified for some reason. The originals should be uploaded for historical purposes.

Also included are two Hexen maps by Adam Durell, and one Heretic map by Pat Smith (Heretic version of GibCity) that could probably be uploaded to idgames. I haven't playtested anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhg2nk3h5fak9ja/maps.zip?dl=1

@Mad Butcher Thanks!  I'll give them a try soon.

Edit: Taking a brief look at what lumps changed between the versions of CASTLE7 and CASTLE9 that are on idgames and the ones you had, it looks to me like there were no changes to the things/linedefs/sectors but that the nodes were rebuilt.  Unlike the case of CASTLE1 though, there's no immediate indication that this was necessary for the maps to function (the game doesn't crash loading them at any rate).  I'll take a closer look later.  CASTLE4 and CASTLE5 both seem to play through fine as-is so that's excellent.

Edited by ETTiNGRiNDER : Looking at the different versions

On 6/16/2018 at 12:54 AM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

On 6/16/2018 at 12:01 AM, grouchbag said:

@Black_Sesame

Would it be revenge of the 90's by Doomkid? If so, great wad and can be found at Doomwrld/idgames. Sorry for not posting link, I'm very bad at that. Cheers!

noope,  that's not it. I'd instantly recognize that intemission screen music, and was not it.

I'm not looking for a specific mod but a certain type of mods. Games remade in the Doom engine. Stuff like Hocus Pocus and Megamen 8-bit Deathmatch.

5 minutes ago, Damon_DOOMon said:

I'm not looking for a specific mod but a certain type of mods. Games remade in the Doom engine. Stuff like Hocus Pocus and Megamen 8-bit Deathmatch.

Then you should create a thread about this subject. Also Castlevania: Simon's Destiny sounds like it fits your description.

I'll just paste my misplaced post:

I'm trying to find the most recent versions of two classic wads. I'll accept links (assuming they're not infected) or even suggestions of where I can find such things lost to age and obscurity.

Wad 1 - "DoomCenter". the most recent one I've played has a jail in the police station and turkey puncher in the arcade. With the death of Doomseeker, the most recent version I can find has no jail or working street fighter arcade, MK arcade or even random bosses.

Wad 2 - "ZDoom Wars". I know this was "finished" years and years ago, but some other folks picked up the torch and made a wolfenstein class, duke nukem class, skulltag monsters class and a bunch of others I can't remember. Once again since doomseeker died (And the Zlauncher servers are pretty damn basic) I can't find a version any newer than the initial 5 or 6 classes.

I realize these were not the most highly esteemed mods for doom out there but for me they're everything I love about the modding community over the last decade or two. Any advice, suggestions or links would be most appreciated.

It required more than 6 keys to progress to the end of the map.  Pretty sure that it wasn't a single door that needed them all at once, just 8 different colors/combinations of skull and cards.

I’m looking for an old zdoom mod called Doom:Battle For Mars. It used doom 64 sprites and there were new levels. There were also cutscenes. 

It’s not the RTS fan game also.

15 hours ago, Spooner5020 said:

I’m looking for an old zdoom mod called Doom:Battle For Mars. It used doom 64 sprites and there were new levels. There were also cutscenes. 

It’s not the RTS fan game also.

TBFM.rar

There were a lot of bugs when it was released. I think the modified GZDoom.exe that's included is required to run the mod.

Topics:
http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1163

8 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

TBFM.rar

There were a lot of bugs when it was released. I think the modified GZDoom.exe that's included is required to run the mod.

Topics:
http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1163

This seems to be it,but the version i played I thought started out differently. At the beginning I thought there were a bunch of doom 64 marines around a flag and that the player sprite was a doom 64 sprite. Is this a newer version?

On 7/3/2018 at 6:18 AM, Spooner5020 said:

This seems to be it,but the version i played I thought started out differently. At the beginning I thought there were a bunch of doom 64 marines around a flag and that the player sprite was a doom 64 sprite. Is this a newer version?

The download link from one of the DRD Team topics looks to be the only version that was posted. I wasn't able to find anything about this mod outside of the DRD Team and ZDoom forums.

The author released another mod in 2005 that has a Doom 64 player sprite: zdoom64.zip

Also does anyone remember a Braves and Butthead Christmas mod? I think you played as both of them and your weapon was a slingshot. I remembered the levels being Christmas themed. That’s all I remember.

the name may have been Beavis and Butthead Do Christmas or Beavis and butthead doomed Christmas.

Edited by Spooner5020

Hello guys, 

I need help finding a monster variant mod or a mod that adds more variants to the enemies. nothing special just a mod that adds and replaces the monsters. Ones that are pretty balanced as what I am using now,DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer, is unbalanced as hell as more than often boss type enemies will replace either Cacodemons, Barons, or Mancubi. And I mean most of them as it tended to replace 3 - 5 of them. Been playing it with Terminus' amazing High Noon Drifter gameplay mod so anything that's compatible with this is a welcome thing.