Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I am looking for a mod where u have to clean wave of enemies. I played this wad in 2004/2005. There was no weapons mods, just the regular ones, and no custom enemies too. As u clean the wave the map expand and u can get new weapons. (Sorry for my bad english)

I'm looking for a hud mod that works well with Strife, doesn't have bugs, and can be scalable. And a mod that brings alternative fire into the weapons.

I will understand if nobody can find it, as my memory of it is rather vague.

But there was a mod I played on late Skulltag\early Zandronum that had a small hub world you would return to many times.

I think I saw it hosted with brutal or complex doom or some other mutator addon.

The first version of the hub map was rather small and tame. I remember you start outside and there are two security booths just outside a giant main door.

The biggest thing I remember was the final version of the hub at the end of the game.

There was a large circular room full of monsters that went downwards from the outer rim in, a little side room at the top.

and I think the track that was playing in the level was this track.

I swear it's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't think of it.

Doom+1.jpg

I see this image sometimes when I'm googling for Doom WADS. Even more, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw in his Zero Punctuation review for Thief Gold also used this image.

It's not the classic Doom map, so it's some custom WAD, but I can't find info about it. What is this?

Thanks in advance.

I just did a Google search on this image and I found page after page using this image, but not links to a wad file or any such thing. Every page that had it was some sort of review or bullshit story that uses it, but doesn't cite its source (save one, which cited id Software as the source of the image).

Real strange: a very common image to represent classic Doom, despite looking pretty obscure.

@DeXiaZ

SPACEDETH.WAD by Neil Riehle

Funny how an obscure, long-forgotten wad from 1998 became the face of Doom around the internet. There are literally hundreds of pages using the image yet the wad itself seems to be the author's only released wad that's not available on idgames.

Seems like the only place where the wad is available is in a .sit archive on the author's own website.

Reuploaded it here as a zip.

Has anyone ever done a time traveling / dark world kind of gimmick episode or megawad? Like maybe you revisit a bunch of maps throughout but they're completely re-textured with old areas closed off and new ones showing up, showing a little sense of familiarity but things are still very different.

Maybe the idea sounds better on paper in my head haha... but I wonder if such a thing would be cool.

On 8/4/2018 at 6:11 PM, Xeogred said:

Has anyone ever done a time traveling / dark world kind of gimmick episode or megawad? Like maybe you revisit a bunch of maps throughout but they're completely re-textured with old areas closed off and new ones showing up, showing a little sense of familiarity but things are still very different.

Maybe the idea sounds better on paper in my head haha... but I wonder if such a thing would be cool.

The concept sounds somewhat similar to Switcheroom or Switcheroom: The Forgotten Maps or Switcheroom 2 (currently in the Alpha stage).

That being said, this isn't really the right thread for this question. A general thread in Wads & Mods asking this question would be better.

This thread would be the place for a more specific question like, "I once played this megawad where you went through a bunch of maps and then you were warped to a different set of maps that were similar in layout, but had different texturing and different enemies and different triggers and all. I think it had something to with time or a dark world or something. Does anyone remember this megawad?"

On 8/4/2018 at 4:11 PM, Xeogred said:

The closest I can think of is TMALL ... but it doesn't quite do it on the scale you're talking about. I do love this idea though, and would love to play...or even try to make something like it.

Hey, guys, I'm not trying to find specifically a wad, but I'd like to know if there is some good and well balanced weapons mod. I like the way weapons work in brutaldoom, with secondary fire, but I think that mod is getting too bloated. I still play the version 20b (total size of 36 Mb, if I'm not wrong). So, being light is another plus, for I have a fairly old computer (I can only run zandronum or prboom+ on this machine, and without opengl). Thanks in advance for all help.

42 minutes ago, Jorge Alberto said:

Hey, guys, I'm not trying to find specifically a wad, but I'd like to know if there is some good and well balanced weapons mod. I like the way weapons work in brutaldoom, with secondary fire, but I think that mod is getting too bloated. I still play the version 20b (total size of 36 Mb, if I'm not wrong). So, being light is another plus, for I have a fairly old computer (I can only run zandronum or prboom+ on this machine, and without opengl). Thanks in advance for all help.

More info please. Do you need vanilla weapons? Real-life ones? Futuristic? Do you want only weps or ok with monsters as well?

Try "Weapons of Saturn"  and "Gunslinger 2.0" and say what do you think. Then I'll recommend something.

Guys, this isn't what this thread is for. It's to ask for help with finding wads that you know exist but can't find. It has served that very useful purpose for several years, and it will cease to do so if it gets too diluted with off-topic general discussion. Why? Because those people with a wide knowledge of Doom wads and an ability to dig them out will stop bothering to scan the thread.

24 minutes ago, elarmadillo3 said:

Has anyone found the mod Gruntkiller was looking for?

can you quote the post so it's easy to find?

if this is illegal please remove this.

I'm looking for mapsets that are ambient and atmostpheric, with high quality textures and layouts. If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated :D

I'm wondering what wads would be good choices for stress testing real dos hardware (with categories being vanilla, doom-plus, boom 2.02, and mbf 2.03 with fixes). Demo recordings would be helpful for a more objective result.