Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm trying to find a WAD that I picked up many years ago when I first figured out how to make ZDoom and such work, it was around the time Torment and Torture 2 was released. It may have been a Joke WAD but I remember Map30 was all about running out of a zig zagging blood tunnel with a crusher for a ceiling, you'd exit out onto a street and you'd have to step under a street light to end the level, and the endgame screen (where you'd through the list of monsters) had a MIDI of Everybody Dance Now.

Mostly I just want to see if it was any good, since I didn't get around to really playing it when I first found it.

I remember a video about a mod that let you play as Doom's monsters. Each had their own weapon sprites, like the Shotgunner's arm had blood on it and a different glove color for the hand. The Zombieman had a rifle, Imp had its claw, etc. What was it called?

1 minute ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I remember a video about a mod that let you play as Doom's monsters. Each had their own weapon sprites, like the Shotgunner's arm had blood on it and a different glove color for the hand. The Zombieman had a rifle, Imp had its claw, etc. What was it called?

I remember 2 mods, the best one is the "Master of Puppets".

2 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

There's also "Empathy" and "Hellspawn: Doom Reversed" if "Master of Puppets" isn't what you're looking for.

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

There's also "Empathy" and "Hellspawn: Doom Reversed" if "Master of Puppets" isn't what you're looking for.

Hellspawn is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

19 hours ago, CptGoodtimes said:

I'm trying to find a WAD that I picked up many years ago when I first figured out how to make ZDoom and such work, it was around the time Torment and Torture 2 was released. It may have been a Joke WAD but I remember Map30 was all about running out of a zig zagging blood tunnel with a crusher for a ceiling, you'd exit out onto a street and you'd have to step under a street light to end the level, and the endgame screen (where you'd through the list of monsters) had a MIDI of Everybody Dance Now.

Mostly I just want to see if it was any good, since I didn't get around to really playing it when I first found it.

Probably Chris61.wad. It's not any good, really.

13 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Probably Chris61.wad. It's not any good, really.

That IS actually the one I was thinking of, just checked it out. And yes, it isn't good XD Don't know why I didn't remember all the monster noise changes and fart sound explosions but still, thanks for helping me find it!

I've seen the map only once. It's a lengthy gzdoom map. The theme author went was with a base on Mars and the title, I think, went with something related with sand/dust. Might be wrong. It's an atmospheric map, has lighting and fog effects, as well as, custom monsters, like Hellions from realm667. The thing I remember more clearly about the map, is the ending - it's a foggy area with columns and with an Icon of Sin in the distance and to kill it you had to climb on floating mid-air rocks.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:05 PM, CornKing said:

I've seen the map only once. It's a lengthy gzdoom map. The theme author went was with a base on Mars and the title, I think, went with something related with sand/dust. Might be wrong. It's an atmospheric map, has lighting and fog effects, as well as, custom monsters, like Hellions from realm667. The thing I remember more clearly about the map, is the ending - it's a foggy area with columns and with an Icon of Sin in the distance and to kill it you had to climb on floating mid-air rocks.

Plutonium Sandpit (ka_tech.pk3) by Kristian Aro?

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/j-l/ka_tech

Maybe someone remember the mod I am trying to find. It was a weapon/gameplay mod where player should manually load every weapon's mag bullet-by-bullet, there vere specific keybinds for unloading and loading magazines, unloading and loading bullets and shells. This was for GZDoom and was not complete. Probably discontinued now.

And another one. This is the wad for doom2 iwad but looked like a Heretic/Hexen one. The player have sword, fists, and probably shotgun or crossbow (and something else I don't remember). Custom enemies are knights with shields that can block incoming attacks. The intended port was I think Vavoom. The first level started with fists and just at the start player could pick sword and kill some knights.

And, as far as I decided to post here, maybe someone knows levels/megawads/pk3s/no-matter-what with a strict ammo scarcity. Like if you didn't miss a shot and pick every item, you can't even fill your ammo to the 100%. (Speaking not of slaughterwads!)

24 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

Maybe someone remember the mod I am trying to find. It was a weapon/gameplay mod where player should manually load every weapon's mag bullet-by-bullet, there vere specific keybinds for unloading and loading magazines, unloading and loading bullets and shells. This was for GZDoom and was not complete. Probably discontinued now.

Hideous Destructor?

3 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Forgot to say that no, not HD :(

That mod have HUD icon that depicts pistol mag with bullets and visually represent the process of loading bullets one after another by showing how much bullets has been loaded. So, to reload pistol you should 1) unload mag 2) load some rounds (as much as you need) 3) load mag back 4) cock the pistol.

As for the 2nd paragraph, I've found that mod. It is Clavicula Nox by Aluqah and yes, it is for Vavoom (gldefs won't work in gzdoom properly).

Looking for a wad that had a mix of heretic weapons and enemies but I remember there being colored doom 2 enemies with almost each color having different attacks, I think at the end of the first level had a heretic boss. I think map 13 had an area with a small room with a big mancubus boss that spams projectiles. Probably a few of the maps had extra rooms and areas added to the levels.

There was this one Doom wad I heard of what was it? It was like.. Airostine? Aerostein? I dont remember 

Trying to recall the name of a wad I played perhaps 18 months ago, but I've played so many since then that I'm losing track of some of them.

Pretty sure this was a multi-level wad, possibly even a megawad, and all I recall is the final level. You had to go uphill to take control of a fortress, and faced some semi-slaughterish opposition en route. At one point about 50 Barons emerged from a gateway, and at another a huge number of pink demons. The decisive encounter took place in the courtyard of the fortress, and featured a massive Cyberdemon, probably at least three times the normal size, which was obviously tough to defeat, but there was some sort of central structure with archway entrances where one could get a degree of cover. 

After that, a pitiful gaggle of Cacodemons and pinkies showed up and made a token effort to prevent the player from getting to the exit.

12 hours ago, Summer Deep said:

Trying to recall the name of a wad I played perhaps 18 months ago, but I've played so many since then that I'm losing track of some of them.

Pretty sure this was a multi-level wad, possibly even a megawad, and all I recall is the final level. You had to go uphill to take control of a fortress, and faced some semi-slaughterish opposition en route. At one point about 50 Barons emerged from a gateway, and at another a huge number of pink demons. The decisive encounter took place in the courtyard of the fortress, and featured a massive Cyberdemon, probably at least three times the normal size, which was obviously tough to defeat, but there was some sort of central structure with archway entrances where one could get a degree of cover. 

After that, a pitiful gaggle of Cacodemons and pinkies showed up and made a token effort to prevent the player from getting to the exit.

Such an awesome story. =)

On 9/22/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mere_Duke said:

Forgot to say that no, not HD :(

That mod have HUD icon that depicts pistol mag with bullets and visually represent the process of loading bullets one after another by showing how much bullets has been loaded. So, to reload pistol you should 1) unload mag 2) load some rounds (as much as you need) 3) load mag back 4) cock the pistol.

Is it Tranquility? Sounds kind of like what you're describing -    https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=46650

On 9/30/2018 at 4:40 AM, Summer Deep said:

I'm pretty sure I played this wad. The Cacos came from above the fortress' walls where you defeat that Enlarged Cyberdemon, right?

Check The Ultimate Torment & Torture Forget it, I'm wrong. But still remember that fortress with big guy & cacos afterwards...

Edited by Mere_Duke