Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

40 minutes ago, BloxcastJason said:

I'm looking for a doom wad where you start off in this us ww2 era plane and it crashes in the arctic and there's this base and there was like this thing where you had to bandage yourself and you had a 1911.

I haven't played it but this sounds like Cold as Hell.

Does anyone remember a weapon mod with a kinda vanilla shotgun but with attached belt, and when you move, the belt is swinging a little like there's physics?

This is probably a long shot, but I'm trying to find a specific Hexen WAD that I remember playing back in the late '90s.  It may have been something I found online or it may have come from a PC magazine cover disk.  It was a single level rather than a hub, but a pretty large one, and I recall the overall layout as being an inner and an outer section divided by a huge irregular chasm that you had to cross over at various points, the path of progression meaning that you don't get that all the pits you're crossing are all part of the same circular chasm until quite late on.  Name was something like MONK.WAD, MONK1.WAD, or something to do with a monastery?  And the overall aesthetics were a lot like the Winnowing Hall or any of the Hub 3 maps.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, Mere_Duke said:

Does anyone remember a weapon mod with a kinda vanilla shotgun but with attached belt, and when you move, the belt is swinging a little like there's physics?

There was a build of brutal Doom a few years ago that had this though I don’t remember which one it was.

hello, hope this is the right place to ask. i'm looking for some wads with really good visual fidelity while still maintaining doom's original design philosophy. so, please no wads that try to create realistic environments but high quality abstract stuff.

4 hours ago, zzzornbringer said:

hello, hope this is the right place to ask. i'm looking for some wads with really good visual fidelity while still maintaining doom's original design philosophy. so, please no wads that try to create realistic environments but high quality abstract stuff.

This isn't really the right place for that question. The point of this thread is if you were looking for a specific map that you had played that was abstract. For example (not a real request, just an example), "I'm looking for a map that I played about two years ago. I think it was a few years old at the time. It had these really abstract sections that were all different connected by these teleport gates. The map ended with a big battle with a teleporting cyberdemon."

Your question would be better posed as a separate thread in its own right.

Since you're here, though, you could check out A.L.T.

This one has been bugging me for some time- I think it was a 2 episode setup, or at least split that way. First half was standard Doom type play, you end up in a large square/rectangle room fighting a "boss" that's one of those tentacle eye monsters that fires BFG rounds at you. Killing it opens a portal, next map sends you to hell, metal walkways over a lava lake, you get new weapons from here and they're magic based. I can't remember if you had a magic meter or if the weapons just used unique ammo.

Anybody recall a WAD from probably the early 2000s with a large outdoor area that had a big white marble structure sitting in it?  I believe at least one Arch-Vile came out the side of it from a door that was up some stairs.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:00 PM, diosoth said:

This one has been bugging me for some time- I think it was a 2 episode setup, or at least split that way. First half was standard Doom type play, you end up in a large square/rectangle room fighting a "boss" that's one of those tentacle eye monsters that fires BFG rounds at you. Killing it opens a portal, next map sends you to hell, metal walkways over a lava lake, you get new weapons from here and they're magic based. I can't remember if you had a magic meter or if the weapons just used unique ammo.

Sounds like you're talking about Demon Eclipse by Eriance.

This might be an outdated version, check the ZDoom Forums for the more recent one, which I believe is now under a different name.