Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking wad I used to play on ZDaemon. Here's what I remember about it:

- I'm very certain it had a custom title screen, possibly with some custom skins like the Doom 64 guy.

- One of the levels is on a train very similar to njtrain.wad, but it was a bit longer and possibly had keys. 

- Another level is set in a city and the music was Star Light Zone from Sonic 1.

- One of the custom weapons was a minigun, probably the same one from Skulltag.

That sounds like DBZone (Doom Barracks Zone).  I just happen to have a version of it on my 2nd Zandronum server right now, with my OPWeapons.  The train map is MAP02.

This wad should be notable for the music, I thought it was for that zandronum wad that generated randomized rocketjump levels, but it wasn't that one.

I remember playing this one wad on Zandronum before I factory reset  my computer. Basically you grab different keys in a city like area and every key grants you a new weapon, some new monsters to fight and some parkour areas as well. Does anyone know what wad I'm talking about?

2 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

I remember playing this one wad on Zandronum before I factory reset  my computer. Basically you grab different keys in a city like area and every key grants you a new weapon, some new monsters to fight and some parkour areas as well. Does anyone know what wad I'm talking about?

dbzone barracks map 3?

21 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

dbzone barracks map 3?

Yes it is! I remember playing it and having a blast so thanks! 

Hopefully someone else remembers this wad, as I've forgotten and liked the architecure/ wanted to replay:

-Wad was kinda gothic in style, had lots of brick/wood elements

-mostly featured outdoor areas with brick structures like towers/school/ect. the outdoor areas featured a lot of natural rock and grass

-the final map was stonehendge with teleporters to different areas, was like an 8 map mapset

-idk why, but when I try to think of it neoDoom comes to mind.

I can't remember for the life of me the WAD, and is possibly deep in my old archives but the name is forgotten. Any help would be great.

I am looking for a 32-level megawad, in which at the last level in the sky is a giant pentogram. The level also ends with the explosion of the reactor core. Throughout the wad, you visit the United States, Russia, China and Italy. I can not remember the very name of the mod.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, invictius said:

This wad should be notable for the music, I thought it was for that zandronum wad that generated randomized rocketjump levels, but it wasn't that one.

I think you are looking for this.

If it is a specific one and you are trying to find it, then yes, this is the type of thing this thread is for.

thank you so very much for starting this thread! there is a wad i've been looking for like forever, all i can remember is that it was this really cool underground mine shaft and that it had custom midi music, a midi version of the beverly hills cop theme

thanks in advance!

Anyone know the wad that had a kind of sewer level with a midi version of Muse's Undisclosed Desires playing? I'm pretty sure it was a megawad from maybe 5 or 6 years ago 

I'm looking for one of the WADs that introduced me to the awesome possibilities of ZDoom. Unfortunately, I've long forgotten most of the details.

One of the few things I definitely remember it having, though, was music from the game Unreal Tournament. (Specifically, this track.) 

I also think there was a fight with a Spider Mastermind near the end, and I remember the level being pretty darn large. Took me some 20 minutes to beat it I think.

Unfortunately that's about all I can remember. I doubt anyone will know it, but if you do, I'd love you for it.

I'm looking for a multiplayer wad that i thought was included in the Doom II master levels cd. Can't seem to find it though. Must have been around 96 or before. 

This wad was great, a big castle with inside and outside areas.

All i can remember was that the walls were greyish and the floor was blue and there were water areas but it was a really creative and high quality multiplayer map for its time. Would love to see it again. 

1 hour ago, PeterMoro said:

big castle

I was going to be lazy and say Big Castle, but that wasn't on Maximum Doom (which is not to be confused with the Master Levels, even though it was on the same CD). So I'll say NJ Castle, which seems to fit the bill. Maximum Doom also contained one of its obnoxious autoconversions of this map to Doom2 format.

5 hours ago, Grazza said:

Probably one of Tormentor667's early "TNT" wads.

I don't remember it being part of any compilation though, but my memory can definitely be fuzzy with something so old.

There is one possibility I can check out since he name-checks Kevin Riepl (who did do some music for the Unreal Tournament series), but that would have to be a misname since the person who actually did that music track was Michiel van den Bos.

So guys I don't know if this is the right thread to ask for this (if there is a more appropriate one please tell me) but is there a wad that makes the two new Romero maps (e1m4b and e1m8b) be selectable as separate "episodes" in ultimate doom? I mean, a wad that loads them but without replacing the existing e1m8 and e1m4, either by having them selectable "episodes" or at least place them in the game to be accessible through the "map e1m8b" console command.

Also is there a hud that is identical to the gzdoom fullscreen hud but with the keys placed beside the health & armor (similar to doom 2016)?

Thanks in advance :v

Looking at the .TXT for Degrees Centigrades's Thirst For Blood, three of the PWADs mentioned do not appear to be on the archives.

ONEWAY2.WAD  (Co-op or Single player)
                                TORMENT.WAD  (Co-op, D-Match or Single)
                                TUN1.WAD     (Single or Co-op)

Should be 95-96 era. TORMENT should not be confused with Shamus Young's episode of the same name. TERROR's .TXT describes it as a "Huge, complex and awesome level".

There was one megawad that was released I think in 2016, it was around 100mb, it used scythe 2 ep 1 textures and I think it had a nordic name. That's all I can remember.

There was a Doom 2 wad (episode?) where in map01 you were walking around corridors, and you eventually were teleported into a room with the wall25 texture (creepy flesh faces) scrolling around you. as soon as you moved, you were teleported back to the map. i can't remember anything else.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, HyperLuke said:

I found a wad a few months ago on Idgames which was about using the BFG skillfully and learning how to master it. I bookmark wad download pages that interest me, but don't download them otherwise I would have too many wads to play. I remember bookmarking this, so if its the right one, I will know.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/a-c/bfghunt 

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/a-c/bfgtrap

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/d-f/enemybfg

I hope these help these are the three levels i could find that are close to what you are looking for 

On 3/25/2019 at 8:33 AM, nooralabase said:

There was a Doom 2 wad (episode?) where in map01 you were walking around corridors, and you eventually were teleported into a room with the wall25 texture (creepy flesh faces) scrolling around you. as soon as you moved, you were teleported back to the map. i can't remember anything else.

Im fairly sure that this is the one you're looking for https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/d2redux