Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

i remember seeing this wad where your in an arena and theirs slots that randomise certain elements of the guns or enemies i don't remember anything else if someone could   find this for me i would be eternally grateful

51 minutes ago, blank said:

i remember seeing this wad where your in an arena and theirs slots that randomise certain elements of the guns or enemies i don't remember anything else if someone could   find this for me i would be eternally grateful

p sure this is Reelism

http://www.thekinsie.com/reelism/

I'd like to know the story behind that Doom Beta 2/ Master Edition. It's actually a .PBP file, compatible with ePSXe.

I don't remember when and where I got it from and I have no textfiles or any other clue about this compilation. (Who did that, was it a fanmade project or even some official ID maps, etc...)  

Spoiler

dtg.png.119bc482ff8bb43e1d0425d29e566f47.png

For instance, first map E1M1 is titeld "New Hangar" and includes some interesting differences compared to the original. 

Outdoor area :

Spoiler

uju.png.bde02b92a86b83fca1b0a22db9c053a3.png

The exit area was changed as well, the level won't end by hitting the switch. Instead, a trapdoor opens, leading you into a new area ...

The "new" exit can be found at the end of that catwalk.

Spoiler

tgtg.png.c4c84c2c8e9e925c32c139af9c8b3a0b.png

What do you know about it?

And more important,- is there a .WAD of it somewhere? I'd love to play it with GZDOOM as well. 

Im looking for a metal music wad that was called metalmusic.wad or musicmetal.wad or something like that, It was a wad for doom 2

First song was a midi version of Megadeth-Hangar 18, and the second one was Lamb of God-As the palaces burn

Ok sorry i found it xd

So yesterday I played Fortdth! and went to look up who made it in the author template from the zipped file and there isn't one.   Does anyone know who made this map?   

fortdthb.zip

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, Grimm_Whiskas said:

I am looking for a 32-level megawad, in which at the last level in the sky is a giant pentogram. The level also ends with the explosion of the reactor core. Throughout the wad, you visit the United States, Russia, China and Italy. I can not remember the very name of the mod.

So I am not looking for a WAD so much a mod. I found this program on GitHub. However, it is incredibly difficult to use and was wondering if there is something similar. Kinda wanna play a wad roulette with myself. I know there is a guy on twitch that does it. But that is his own creation and it is not available to the public as it is A)For linux and B) Directly for his stream. 

https://github.com/johnsto/randoom

Does anyone know of something similar that will download a random wad? Or something like that. I have searched high and low for this sort of thing and kind of surprised I can't find one to exist. 

I'm looking for a simple map named rain.wad

Alternatively I'm looking for some swamp themed single maps, can somebody recommend me one if nobody finds rain.wad?

And i was searching a map called "dark new babylon" i see that map on the Vargskeletor Joel Stream

This is a clip (i really want that map) 

Edited by Bites!

2 hours ago, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

I'm looking for a simple map named rain.wad 

@Odorousbag87

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?random

It won't autodownload the wad for you and the generated link can be a deathmatch wad, a theme or some other stuff that's not a wad but I think it should be good enough quick solution for a wad roulette.

Each time you can check the URL and if it's inside one of the undesirable folders you can generate a new link by clicking "Random File" on top right.

8 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

@Odorousbag87

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?random

It won't autodownload the wad for you and the generated link can be a deathmatch wad, a theme or some other stuff that's not a wad but I think it should be good enough quick solution for a wad roulette.

Each time you can check the URL and if it's inside one of the undesirable folders you can generate a new link by clicking "Random File" on top right.

Thanks!! YEah this is exactly something I am looking for!

All of the Vinesauce Doom Contest 2 maps are going to be released once Joel announces the winner.

Whenever the hell that might be.

I just want a monster randomizer that like. Randomizes every monster.

Like I start Level 1 of Doom 2 fighting a Revenant and Mancubus

Oh man, first post ever despite having played Doom for so long ever since the ZDaemon years.

So I'm trying to find a WAD I played around a year ago on a Zandronum server, and I think no mods were used. The mappack in question might have been a slaughterwad, judging from the one level I played and never beat.

Now, the map itself, I remember neither its name nor its number (though it might have been MAP09, I could be very wrong here) but what I do remember is that it was... very gray. Gray textures everywhere. You start off in a small square room which leads to a large outside courtyard-like area littered with cacodemons, with a bunch of revenants crowding atop some pillars. Beyond lies a long rampart that stretches along the length of the courtyard. There were two elevators on either side of the rampart, each leading up a corridor full of imps, and some archviles at the end. Both corridors end near the center, where lies a switch. I never got to hit those switches, so I don't know what they do and how the level progresses further.

Can you tell me what is the wad depicted on the screenshot? This wad is used on LA server along with many others, but I don't know its name.

image.png

I'm trying to find the name of this wad. I made a little bit of a visual representation with my super good paint skills. It was a pretty slaughtery wad iirc. I forget what specific # map this was in the wad.

You start out in a cave and there are little graves or something you can climb onto to get to a soulsphere secret. Then as soon as you open the door infront of you, you are greeted by a Cyberdemon. He can't get inside though so you are safe inside the spawn area. Then there are some chaingunners or something ontop of a lava fall to your left outside the door. To your right is a little back area with some imps and a blue armor, it may be a green, I forget. Some various enemies mixed in the open area before the stairs you climb and can go left or right. Left has nothing for you till you get a key or two. The right hallway has a spider mastermind behind a wall and then you can open a spot behind it to a secret that has an acid floor and then teleport to the secret labeled on the picture and hug the wall to get something, I forget what. If you want any other details, let me know and I can try to remember them! Thanks!

2da3270987.png

Edited by Verminium

I found an actual screenshot of the level. It faces the area where the blue armor is labeled on my mockup at the start.

2800cd1a5b.png

1 hour ago, Verminium said:

I found an actual screenshot of the level. It faces the area where the blue armor is labeled on my mockup at the start.

that is Alien vendetta level 18 :P

42 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

that is Alien vendetta level 18 :P

Thanks! It's been so long since I've played it, the only map I know by heart from just the looks of it is Map20.