Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 6/13/2019 at 8:58 PM, KrisisYaeger said:

So there's a map or mod I want to play again but don't have.. I have seen epic2 and powerslave. Sadly not but it seems highly inspired of it. Also looked up maps for doom2 with themes of Egyptian, pyramid, ancient, powerslave, and epic2. Nothing..

What I remember is the first map.. when you start behind you is a helicopter. There was like four huts you can enter. Small bridge with a stream and its a desert. A canyon with a waterfall.. Snake Imps are heavily used. The next area i remember a wall to the right a small portion comes down. It had a small maze. And two areas to enter.. front was a temple like area with two big pillars. The other... i remember a big area with crushers and a red electric orb thing as an enemy. I remember an area connected to it that looked just like powerslave with a fountain with health bonuses.

Thank You

I might be wrong, but it might be one of the Temple of the Lizardmen trilogy.

Does anyone know the name of the WAD/PK3 that mixed the beeper soundbites and the regular SFX (and allowed customizaiton of it a bit i think?)

I'm trying to remember the name of this PWAD. It was for Doom 1 and transcribed to Heretic later. It is set in a church with an open courtyard in the middle with a cyberdemon (maulotaur in the Heretic version). What made the level notable were the custom wall textures that made the facade of the church detailed. The PWAD is fairly old from the 1990s and was featured in Doom level editing books of that era. Any ideas?

@DemilinX

The only thing that comes to mind is an Adelusion level but I never played it and can't recall the name (wasn't a Heretic player).  

25 minutes ago, joepallai said:

@DemilinX

The only thing that comes to mind is an Adelusion level but I never played it and can't recall the name (wasn't a Heretic player).  

DYSTOPIA started out as a Heretic level and got converted to Doom II but it's definitely not set in a church.

Hello people, im looking for a wad that i used to play back in the 2017-2018, sadly i dont renember the name but here some details...

- Used to play it with Brutal Doom v19

- In one of his levels, Evil Marine with Plasma Rifles appears, they more very fast and are very dangerous

- One of the levels its a Warehouse with water (not flooded or something), other is like a mine (a very long one), and the other its a Castle and/or Fortress, you start outside of the Castle/Fortress, in a jungle yet theres not much vegetation and inside the Castle/Fortress theres a small labyrinth

Hope this details can help you...

1 hour ago, Axmand said:

Hello people, im looking for a wad that i used to play back in the 2017-2018, sadly i dont renember the name but here some details...

- Used to play it with Brutal Doom v19

- In one of his levels, Evil Marine with Plasma Rifles appears, they more very fast and are very dangerous

- One of the levels its a Warehouse with water (not flooded or something), other is like a mine (a very long one), and the other its a Castle and/or Fortress, you start outside of the Castle/Fortress, in a jungle yet theres not much vegetation and inside the Castle/Fortress theres a small labyrinth

Hope this details can help you...

i only think in scythe 2, have evil marines and levels of castle and mines

i only think in scythe 2, have evil marines and levels of castle and mines

No, no that one sorry T_T...

Sorry but let me add another details:

- Got some levels in normal enviroment i mean, offices, nomal buildings, also one of the levels is in a city...

- Didnt have a reference about real life cultures

- In one of the levels the water change to blood at some point...

- I discovered it because the author of Brutal Doom, add it to the list when he upload BD v19.

Guys, you're gonna skin me alive...

I remember a trailer released somewhere back in 1998 i guess... It was long time ago, and no Youtube existed, i probably downloaded it from Doomworld.com. It started with some text with reference to events from doom taking place 5 years before, and played music very similar to the one from doom64 finale. In the trailer, there was dual pistol and that is all i remember :) I can't remember the name obviously, but all I can think of is something between Legacy (i know engine named legacy existed) and Absolution (probably wrong as there exists Doom64 Absolution source port) - it might be something similar.

Now, I just can't get it out of my head, if by any chance someone recognizes what it could be, you might give some peace to my tormented soul...

Edited by banannq

30 minutes ago, banannq said:

Guys, you're gonna skin me alive...

I remember a trailer released somewhere back in 1998 i guess... It was long time ago, and no Youtube existed, i probably downloaded it from Doomworld.com. It started with some text with reference to events from doom taking place 5 years before, and played music very similar to the one from doom64 finale. In the trailer, there was dual pistol and that is all i remember :) I can't remember the name obviously, but all I can think of is something between Legacy (i know engine named legacy existed) and Absolution (probably wrong as there exists Doom64 Absolution source port) - it might be something similar.

Now, I just can't get it out of my head, if by any chance someone recognizes what it could be, you might give some peace to my tormented soul...

Sounds like maybe it's the old Doom Millenium trailer you're looking for.

45 minutes ago, Chris Hansen said:

Sounds like maybe it's the old Doom Millenium trailer you're looking for.

I just don't know what to say, you are right...

I am trully amazed, thabk you very much 💪

the video itself is not exactly the one, but with mod name revealed it was only a second of searching:

Thanks a lot once again 😃

Hello, I am looking for an early deathmatch WAD called 'tauhaus.wad'. I recall that it uses some of the Wolfenstein textures, as well as it being based on a prison, or a POW camp or something. I believe it is a 90's WAD.

I am also looking for a download of the early 3d 'DUMB' engine. I found an earlier thread where a member said they still had access to it, but the links were dead. I'm also curious about the 'example games' that are mentioned on their dead site.

I am also looking for any information (or files) on these: MAQUIS.GIF.fdad62b99ad08dc630e7ab6ceef77a8c.GIFatlantis.GIF.7227211ce63b206b8ed192168b356c95.GIF1454803981_spyquest.GIF.9663ec8ac12b9a724ebbc7a2e01c19ea.GIF

From what I know, these were 1990s partial or TC, for Doom1. They were made by Tim and Sara Denis, of Anglefish Enterprises. As far as I know, they were always freeware. Their preserved 90s site has download links, but, of course, those don't work - if those are still out there somewhere, I'd be very curious to try them, as I haven't had success finding them yet.

If these have been mentioned, I apologize, but I did not see them when I did a cursory look of the last 60 pages of this thread.

WAD where kills drop little balls/xp points that can be used to buy weapons/equipment/skills. Not Guncaster.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:45 PM, Axmand said:

No, no that one sorry T_T...

Sorry but let me add another details:

- Got some levels in normal enviroment i mean, offices, nomal buildings, also one of the levels is in a city...

- Didnt have a reference about real life cultures

- In one of the levels the water change to blood at some point...

- I discovered it because the author of Brutal Doom, add it to the list when he upload BD v19.

maybe is hell on earth starter pack

On 6/26/2019 at 12:00 PM, Gaia74 said:

maybe is hell on earth starter pack

No not that one sorry, that Hell on Earth Starter Pack it just Extermination Day in his early days...

On 12/5/2012 at 11:11 AM, DataSnake said:

There was one I saw a few years ago, replaced the difficulty selection and episode select with a mini-level like the one quake 1 had (go through this door for easy, this one for normal, etc). Anyone know where it went?

Eternity Engine has this as a feature you can enable in the options. I think the was a cacoward winner some years ago called Demons of Problematica 2 or something that had one as well?

EDIT: lol wrong page to reply to can we're have a warning when we're quoting a seven year old post

I'm looking for a sandbox doom wad that used be on skulltag servers back when skulltag was around.

There were two maps, one was a very tall large room with a grassy floor, there were teleporters on the corners to teleport to the next corner of the room as the room was massive,

there was weapons, spheres and runes from skulltag that could pick up in the corner of the map, there was buttons to spawn monsters and change the music, there were platforms with buttons on them that would fire projectiles like turrets.

the second map had a black and white tile floor and a space sky and was also a large room and also like the first map had buttons for spawning monsters and changing music

I also believe there were custom monsters in it, i think one was called a cyberking and was a blue cyberdemon that was really op and a ton of health.

I just want to find it for nostalgia purposes, i remember people building buildings by summoning tech pillars and ceilings made of grosshack bridges, it was cruddy but fun.  

On 6/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, XIII said:

I might be wrong, but it might be one of the Temple of the Lizardmen trilogy.

No, Sorry I tried each of the ToL but it's none of them.

Can someone help me find an..uh,are they called invasion mods?
you see,it's not really ONE mod,it's actually i believe,from what I recollect having used it in doomseeker,a collection of mods, fixes...basic server mod...pack?
i played it years ago accidentally,feeling adventurous in doomseeker...clicked a server,downloaded the stuff,started playing the map...was really interesting at the time...

it was an invasion mod,where the main aesthetic of the map seemed white-metallic and neon coloured,with a tiled floor (maybe?)...i remember distinctly,each time you respawned (and spawn to start with) ,you would in a sort of "safe area" which had the thing you had to defend...the monsters would be fought in a larger defendable area upon stepping into a teleporter from the safe area and needed to be prevented from breaching the main battle area into the "safe room" ,i think?...the map was overall an open area (i know i'm describing one level,but the gameplay should pose as more helpful,as it was practically the same throughout all the maps...).

the "Safe Area"
the safe area had several neon-coloured structures with lifts that would have various computer terminal-thingies which allowed you to buy weapons,upgrades, (and i think) weapon upgrades,powerups,turrets?...i'm not sure about that last one...in the middle of the safe area,was a single room-like structure with the objective you had to defend.

the "battlefield" from what i recall,there were three gates (imagine the map layout and go from up to down-the shape of this one seemed like a cone).

starting from top:three gates where demons spawned,each would funnel down to the area where the players usually shot,dodged and defended from.
funneling area:there was an elevated platform where the players would be put on upon entering the teleporter to get into the defending area.this is the place where players defended from...

now i know it's crude,but i attached a "picture" that may help convey the idea...if it is any help,i hope the purple stained underwear amused you...

i think another objective of the mod included preventing monsters from breaking down other "gates" which,if destroyed,provided a pathway for the monsters to reach the "safe area" and destroy the "CORE-THINGY!"
the gates had HP-indicators,i think somewhere on the hud...or maybe they popped up whenever the gates took damage...

either way, thanks for your time,sorry for the butt-long post...
ciao!

Designer Undies.png

Does anyone have the hotel v1 I have been trying to find it forever but no link 

For it it is a creppy doom wad where you are in hallways an the map is very big and it has a ghost girl trying to chase you I have v2 and v3 but I want v1 if anyone has it thank you

Just the other day I saw a project of map remakes for knee deep in the dead, and I can't for the life of me find it. Unlike other remakes, this one didn't produce brand new levels modeled after the themes of id's originals, it was aimed at remaking those levels with more detail and flourishes available in modern source ports, and making the old level layouts make sense in a non abstract way.

Or at least, that's what I remember the thread indicating. I remember one screenshot vividly: The M1 zigzag walkway through the nukage, only the nukage looked glowy and pretty, and the walkway itself had been remade into a series of large hex-shaped tiles, that seemed to be breaking apart from one another and sinking into the nukage. I can't remember if anything was available for download yet, but I'd meant to follow the project at the least, since it seemed very promising, and exactly like what I would be into.

I've just been playing EPIC2.WAD, thinking it was a wad I played a few years ago, but have obviously discovered it wasn't what I was thinking of.

I don't remember most details of the wad I'm looking for beyond that I'm sure it had a very Egyptian theme (probably including Powerslave/Exhumed textures) and it was a 32-map megawad, but I have very vivid mental images of a couple of levels I remember in particular.

I believe my most vivid memory of the WAD was either Map31 or 32:
It was essentially divided into 2 halves, the first being a huuuuuge open area with 3 massive buildings floating in some kind of harbour (which may have been the level name, or something similar?), requiring the player to dodge and kill chaingunners, mancubi and revenants patrolling outside each of them while trying to get out of the water and into the buildings.
One such building had a claustrophobic mazey 'basement' with muddy water and a number of Archviles, and lots of barrels.
After each of the three buildings had been explored, the player proceeded behind the third building(with 3 keys?), opening the way and revealing a rendering exploit had prevented the player from seeing the area behind, which was literally just a wide open Plutonia-esque green area where the player has to survive an ambush by at least two cyberdemons and dozens of monsters of all kinds.

At some other point in this WAD, two levels I remember less about are:

A literal Mummy/Pharaoh-style Tomb under a pyramid, where the player spawns outside with plenty of supplies, stocks up, and heads on down into the level, culminating in a fight against a cyberdemon in a humongously tall and wide hallway with multiple blind/deaf Arachnotrons on pedestals -- and a level that I'm 90% sure is separate from the one just mentioned, where the theme diverges from Egyptian into strange subterranean caverns, involving a frankly silly amount of backtracking and switch hunting and crossing triggers, but it was the first time I had ever seen someone create convincing-looking curved tunnels in a WAD.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, AschTheConjurer said:

Yeah those are the TNT: Evilution secret levels, Pharaoh and Caribbean. I just played through them the other day.